Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old December 27th, 2022, 05:03 PM

ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: ...as written by ChatGPT

These are pretty funny. But don't worry Dad scaper, you will always be better than AI at Heroscape. Here's its answer for the prompt "What is the best Heroscape army?"

Spoiler Alert!

Basically, it doesn't know. ChatGPT is good at certain things and...not so good at others. It is dependent entirely on the corpus it is trained on, which does not seem to include these forums. Here is its response to "What are some orc units from Heroscape?" (None of them are orcs lol)
Spoiler Alert!

Here is its response to the generic prompt "Give me an example of a C3V unit" (after confirming it knew what the VC project was).
Spoiler Alert!

While those power names are cool, the last one doesn't really make any sense. So for now, it seems the VC projects are safe from machine learning.
Old January 4th, 2023, 12:12 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy266 View Post
These are pretty funny. But don't worry Dad scaper, you will always be better than AI at Heroscape. Here's its answer for the prompt "What is the best Heroscape army?"

Spoiler Alert!

Basically, it doesn't know. ChatGPT is good at certain things and...not so good at others. It is dependent entirely on the corpus it is trained on, which does not seem to include these forums. Here is its response to "What are some orc units from Heroscape?" (None of them are orcs lol)
Spoiler Alert!

Here is its response to the generic prompt "Give me an example of a C3V unit" (after confirming it knew what the VC project was).
Spoiler Alert!

While those power names are cool, the last one doesn't really make any sense. So for now, it seems the VC projects are safe from machine learning.
It is interesting having ChatGPT's sibling project (I forget what it is called) come up with Heroscape customs given some prompt. Sometimes the power text is coherent. Sometimes it is not.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 13th, 2023, 02:39 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Ha! There's already a thread for this. I just discovered ChatGPT a few days ago. I'm old enough to remember using
ELIZA ELIZA
on my TRS-80 Model 1 (I even had the voice synthesizer for it) when I was a wee lad. ChatGPT kinda reminds me of that, except millions (billions?) of times smarter, based on its knowledge bank, and advanced natural language(s) processing ability.

One cool thing is how good it is at writing code. Could be a huge time saver for creating functions to include in an application. Or at least use it as a utility to write a first draft of something, not just computer code...

--------------------

Me: Build a Heroscape army totaling 515 points maximum, containing at least 5 army cards, all of which having a distinct species.

ChatGPT: I apologize, but as a language model, I do not have the capability to build a Heroscape army. Heroscape is a customizable miniature war-game that requires knowledge of the game's rules and army cards, which I do not possess. I suggest consulting the official Heroscape rulebook or seeking advice from experienced players for building a 515 point army with at least 5 distinct species.

Darn. Guess I'll have to do it the old fashioned way.

Last edited by GaryLASQ; April 1st, 2023 at 09:40 AM.
Old January 17th, 2023, 12:06 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Gary, I'm surprised that you only discovered ChatGPT a few days ago, you old hacker.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 17th, 2023, 01:42 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

"Hexagonal Feast"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's