Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old September 6th, 2022, 07:17 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
There better be a "BURN IT WITH FIRE!" ability coming
Or a huge magnifying glass!

Old September 6th, 2022, 08:22 AM

Swarm knows what's in an order marker Swarm knows what's in an order marker Swarm knows what's in an order marker

Hope it's not a Marro ripoff! Hives, Hiveminds and castes.. That's a Tyranid/Marro theme already

Last edited by Swarm; September 6th, 2022 at 10:13 AM.
Old September 6th, 2022, 01:26 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Cross-posting this here...
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I thought this was interesting from the Discord server on August 25th:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encarmine
Quote:
Originally Posted by @In-Vidir-Us
Quote:
Originally Posted by @TyranntX
Speaking of, is the Marvel set canon?
I think it's considered a separate game.
I think @In-Vidir-Us is probably correct in that. Because we would be unable to ever reference any portion of it in any way.
Quote:
Quote:
Varkill felt unnecessary, I don’t think we’d be missing much of he were killed off
We need a Heroscapers referendum survey on Valkrill. Love to know where the community stands on that.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Vecna
Quote:
Originally Posted by @LincolnTunnel
Quote:
@Encarmine #SaveValkrill
All they have to do to save Valkrill is give him a reason to exist.
So Utgar is not all evil and lonely in his conquest. Even bad guys need friends.
You don’t think Utgar is the only evil aligned Valkyrie do you? I mean… we’re just getting restarted here.
Quote:
You guys think you’re the fans. The fact is the AH team are fans of you guys!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Tim_Bersau
Quote:
Quote:
More characters with flintlock era weaponry.
Don't even care what style or aesthetic just love those.
You mean Dawn Raiders?
Like Pirates? Heck yeah I'm down.
Yah, we’re not done showing them off. ��
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness
Quote:
Quote:
The pirates were so much fun to work on! @Dad_Scaper did a great job!
Which is your favorite pirate?
We are yet to reveal him ��

Stay tuned. The Dawn Raiders are a mixed bag. You never know who is going to join in.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
One of my favorite things about Heroscape is the terrain, it lets players be creative
Damn, did Craig Van Ness just leak that new heroscape is getting terrain?!?!?!?!?!?
We want to make everyone happy
Official announcement: Heroscape has “scape”
And “heroes”
Both essential it seems
new scape is a must
Quote:
we do need to make [the lore] legible to new players who shouldn’t have to go find 37 obscure sources to get an answer on something.

The brand bible is already the largest word file on my hard drive, and that includes Transformers and GI Joe.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 6th, 2022, 01:46 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Cross-posting this here...
Quote:
I thought this was interesting from the Discord server on August 25th:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Speaking of, is the Marvel set canon?
I think it's considered a separate game.
I think @In-Vidir-Us is probably correct in that. Because we would be unable to ever reference any portion of it in any way.
Quote:
Quote:
Varkill felt unnecessary, I don’t think we’d be missing much of he were killed off
We need a Heroscapers referendum survey on Valkrill. Love to know where the community stands on that.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by @LincolnTunnel
Quote:
@Encarmine #SaveValkrill
All they have to do to save Valkrill is give him a reason to exist.
So Utgar is not all evil and lonely in his conquest. Even bad guys need friends.
You don’t think Utgar is the only evil aligned Valkyrie do you? I mean… we’re just getting restarted here.
Quote:
You guys think you’re the fans. The fact is the AH team are fans of you guys!
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
More characters with flintlock era weaponry.
Don't even care what style or aesthetic just love those.
You mean Dawn Raiders?
Like Pirates? Heck yeah I'm down.
Yah, we’re not done showing them off. ��
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The pirates were so much fun to work on! @Dad_Scaper did a great job!
Which is your favorite pirate?
We are yet to reveal him ��

Stay tuned. The Dawn Raiders are a mixed bag. You never know who is going to join in.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
One of my favorite things about Heroscape is the terrain, it lets players be creative
Damn, did Craig Van Ness just leak that new heroscape is getting terrain?!?!?!?!?!?
We want to make everyone happy
Official announcement: Heroscape has “scape”
And “heroes”
Both essential it seems
new scape is a must
Quote:
we do need to make [the lore] legible to new players who shouldn’t have to go find 37 obscure sources to get an answer on something.

The brand bible is already the largest word file on my hard drive, and that includes Transformers and GI Joe.
I'd like for Valkrill to remain; he might be my favorite general when you include the c3v stuff
Old September 6th, 2022, 01:50 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Elite 5 View Post
I'm super curious as to how this thing will be represented in game. It's current scaling makes it as large as most tournament maps. This would also be so Intimidating to actually paint as well.
I actually think the scale image that Encarmine posted with a human was a troll-post.
It could be the scale for the character size in lore. Figures are shrunk down to make them playable while sacrificing what they actually look like. Miming and Deathwalker 9000 are probably much larger relative to humans than what their figures imply
Think outside the box for a minute. What if it's really 65 Height, but only the bottom 11 or so are modeled? That way, we'd get eight independent based legs "ankles down". There's no worry about finding enough grouped-space for the figure to move, it's not a single-piece mold. Different heights? doesn't matter, each leg moves independently like part of a squad. There could also be another "floating" head unit to attack its targets, and the legs could kick/stab/crush adjacent units. Each leg/head could be targeted. And this would be reasonable, production-, price- and paint-wise.
Old September 6th, 2022, 01:53 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
> > > > > >

Even without C3V, that's my stance. Valkrill is a mangled abomination, and he prefers it that way. There's no way I could just not respect that. This is the man who summon demons when even Utgar won't.

(And this is why I labelled myself the "speaker for Valkrill" on the AH server for a while)
Old September 6th, 2022, 01:55 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
Think outside the box for a minute. What if it's really 65 Height, but only the bottom 11 or so are modeled? That way, we'd get eight independent based legs "ankles down". There's no worry about finding enough grouped-space for the figure to move, it's not a single-piece mold. Different heights? doesn't matter, each leg moves independently like part of a squad. There could also be another "floating" head unit to attack its targets, and the legs could kick/stab/crush adjacent units. Each leg/head could be targeted. And this would be reasonable, production-, price- and paint-wise.
As it happens, I do have a quote about that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper
Quote:
Originally Posted by blast_shark
The figure is just a giant disembodied foot/part of a leg that stomps around the battlefield and calls in "off board" artillery
This is just the kind of thing that Encarmine is writing down in his little notebook!
Old September 6th, 2022, 02:20 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
As it happens, I do have a quote about that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper
Quote:
Originally Posted by blast_shark
The figure is just a giant disembodied foot/part of a leg that stomps around the battlefield and calls in "off board" artillery
This is just the kind of thing that Encarmine is writing down in his little notebook!
Great idea
Old September 6th, 2022, 02:31 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Hah hah, I saw I was quoted, so I came to look. Didn't expect it to be for that pearl of wisdom.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 6th, 2022, 02:45 PM

Hypothetically speaking, would it be tournament legal for me to unleash a horde of living venomous spiders upon my opponent while I'm using the craven court?

Asking for a friend
Old September 6th, 2022, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Hypothetically speaking, would it be tournament legal for me to unleash a horde of living venomous spiders upon my opponent while I'm using the craven court?

Asking for a friend
No, because live spiders refuse to restrict themselves to only moving during their own turn, and you didn't pay for their point cost.
Old September 6th, 2022, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitar View Post
Quote:

Asking for a friend
No, because live spiders refuse to restrict themselves to only moving during their own turn, and you didn't pay for their point cost.
We'll count three spiders as equal point cost as a squad of Fyorlag spiders, so if I bring 12 black widows and dump them on the board they'll cost 160
And how do you know I don't have a psychic connection with arachnids that allows me to control their movement? They don't call me the arachnomancer for nothing

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion