Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old April 23rd, 2019, 10:35 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Nova Corps Faction Thread

Again, this is me blatantly striking while the iron is hot on the Marvel Cosmic stuff to get some of my personal interests in here.

The Nova Corps is basically Marvel's Green Lantern Corps. They're intergalactic policemen recruited from different planets and cultures to protect and serve. Unlike the Lanterns, the Novas can't make constructs. Instead, they each are given a piece of the "Nova Force" that enhances their durability and gives them gravimetric control powers. Basically they can fly very fast and sometimes shoot lasers.

We currently have 1 Nova design, representing the time period where Richard Rider (the first of two Novas from Earth) took on the whole Nova Force and the Xandarian Worldmind (supercomputer in charge of the Novas) after the rest of the Corps was destroyed.

I'm hoping to tackle the New Warriors sooner rather than later, and I know I've seen some drafts floating around for Sam Alexander (the second Nova from Earth) so I figured it would make sense to try to get a consistent aesthetic down before anybody designs them.

My thinking is that to flesh them out we could probably do 2 Uncommon Hero designs; one for a rookie Corpsman and one for a more experienced officer one. These would both probably be classed as Centurions for synergy purposes.

Classic-era Rich along with Sam could both be Crime Fighters, with a power on the Officer like this;
Quote:
NOVA CORPS WANTS YOU!
At the start of the game, you may choose a Nova you control with the class of Crime Fighter. For the rest of the game, that figure has the class of Centurion instead of what is listed on their card.
Other than that, I don't really know what direction to take the faction. Something Lawman-esque? A Worldmind figureless design to tie them all together? A while back Karat mentioned the idea of being able to recruit figures into the Corps for a game. They could really go any number of directions.

COMPLETED DESIGNS
Nova Prime (Richard Rider)

MINIS AVAILABLE/POTENTIAL DESIGNS

UNIQUE CHARACTERS
Nova (Richard Rider - Classic/Non-Prime)
Nova (Sam Alexander)
Nova (Steve Rogers)
Super-Nova (Garthan Saal - Villain)

COMMONS/UNCOMMONS
Nova Corps Recruit
Nova Corps Denarian
Nova Corps Centurion
Old April 23rd, 2019, 10:53 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Nova Corps Faction Thread

Lol I meant to post this in-sanctum but I guess I clicked to the wrong place. Does anybody have a problem with it staying here?
Old April 24th, 2019, 07:40 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Doesn't matter to me either way. I don't know much about these guys, but I do know it's a pretty untapped area of comics for us, so glad to see you going there.

My priority would be an uncommon Corpsman to start things out for sure, since I have tons of duplicate minis for Nova Corps that are begging to be used.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 24th, 2019, 11:49 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I think having more of these workshops in the public is a good thing.
Old April 24th, 2019, 12:46 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

One idea I had for the individual Nova's, rather than Nova Prime (who is intended to be standalone), is to give them all a Nova Force (1/2/3) power that puts Nova Markers in a pool. They'd essentially be like Green Lanterns, but instead of having their own batteries, they would all share one big pool.

Didn't get much further than that!
Old April 24th, 2019, 12:47 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Interesting. I like it.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 24th, 2019, 12:50 PM
Just A Head

That could be cool. Or maybe they each start out with 1 Nova Marker but when they're destroyed their marker goes to another Nova, boosting them more? So at the end of the game you're going up against 1 super-powered Nova with the whole Nova Force?

Whatever we do, I would like to rope Nova Prime (Rich) in somehow. He's the most iconic one, and I don't think it's worth it to do a second design for "Rich with like 90% of the Nova Force instead of the full 100%"
Old April 24th, 2019, 12:53 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

That's exactly the goal - in that case, our Crime Fighter Rich would be able to go ham as the Last of the Nova Corps once everybody else gets killed. Making it trigger on death would be a good way to balance it, I could see that or one pool from the start depending on exactly implementation.

I'd probably give the low-ranking Novas a "Centurion Bonding" type power, which let's you rope the OG in without explicitly making him part of the shared power stuff.
Old April 24th, 2019, 01:20 PM
Just A Head

So how about this?
Quote:
NAME = NOVA CORPS RECRUIT
SECRET IDENTITY = N/A

SPECIES = XANDARIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNCOMMON HERO
CLASS = CENTURION
PERSONALITY = INEXPERIENCED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 3

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

NOVA FORCE 1
At the start of the game, place 1 gold Nova Force Marker in a Nova Force pool. If there are no Nova Force Markers in the Nova Force pool, this Nova can not use any other special power on this Army Card.

NOVA FORCE ASSAULT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 4.
Instead of moving and attacking normally with this Nova Corps Recruit, you may remove a Nova Force Marker from the Nova Force pool to move this Nova Corps recruit up to 6 spaces. This Nova Corps Recruit can attack up to 3 times with this special attack at any point before, during, or after this move as long as this Nova Corps Recruit is on a space where he could end his movement.

NOVA TACTICAL FORMATION
After revealing an Order Marker on any other Centurion Hero's Army Card, and after taking a turn with that Centurion Hero, you may take a turn with this Nova Corps Recruit. You may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING
And then give Crime Fighter Rich something like this;
Quote:
NOVA FORCE 2

FORCED TO THE LIMITS
At the start of the round, you may move any number of Nova Force Markers from the Nova Force Pool to this card. If you do, add 1 to Nova's Attack and Defense for each Nova Force Marker on this card, to a maximum of +2. At the end of the round, remove those markers from this card.
So if he's playing with the New Warriors he can push himself for a round or two for a slight boost. But if he's with the Corp he can constantly burn markers to go crazy.
Old April 24th, 2019, 01:49 PM

Are the removed markers in Forced to the Limits put back in the pool or just removed?

Old April 24th, 2019, 01:57 PM
Just A Head

I’d say removed permanently.
Old April 24th, 2019, 02:32 PM

It should say "removed from the game" then.

Not interested in allowing for a recharge mechanic at all, huh?

Edit: Oh, is it weird the uncommons can't use their tactical formation without a charge??

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy