Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old July 6th, 2011, 02:00 PM

streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: streaky2007's Customs - HOWARD THE DUCK (4th July 2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1 View Post
hmmm... that might work. I just don't know what happens with leaving engagements when you place a figure.
Well, the way I see it, moving a figure means they specifically move from 1 space to the next etc. like a normal move, and are affected by leaving engagement attacks, special powers that affect movement etc.

If a figure is placed, they just appear on the battlefield, like with the Airbourne Elite. That sounds weird for the Howard card, but thematically, they go over his head to another space, so they don't "move" as such.

Placing the figure would make them immune to engagement attacks by default, but it would be an interesting counter to powers like C3G's "The Blob" - no special power on any card can move him, but this isn't moving. Also, it only works as a reaction to being attacked so could only affect an opponent during their own turn.
Old July 6th, 2011, 02:04 PM

streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: streaky2007's Customs - HOWARD THE DUCK (4th July 2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
As for Giganta, I think she's a nicely designed custom after my own heart: clean, simple powers without a lot of unnecessary clutter.
Thanks so much! That means a lot coming from you. I'm aiming to make cards to play along with yours and Matt Helm's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
My only suggestion would be to add some sort of height/level restrictions to her Giagantic Swipe special attack. I understand the Range of 2 is to represent her reach, but without restrictions (like those in your Giant Stomp power) it could create situations in which she's attacking figures 27 levels above or below her. I would suggest looking at the Fen Hydra card for help in wording this power.
I did think that wouldn't matter so much because she could grow to reach higher opponents, but it doesn't make sense for her to attack figures 30 levels below her. I'll rewrite that power when I re-do the card - watch this space!
Old July 7th, 2011, 11:41 AM

Re: streaky2007's Customs - an "amazing friend" (7th July 20

Last edited by streaky2007; February 22nd, 2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old July 8th, 2011, 10:24 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: StreakyScape - an "amazing friend" (7th July 2011)

Channeling electromagnetic radiation, neat. Basically, telepathy. The only things you might want to consider on this card are centering her name and adding "does not have to stop her movement when entering" to Lava Resistant.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old July 8th, 2011, 10:36 AM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Nice card.

I don't know anything about Firestar or he Microwave Beam, but can it travel through castle walls? I know regular microwaves can travel through walls to an extent. Even if they can, how would Firestar know where to attack if she couldn't see opponents through walls? Powers that don't require LOS can get a little funky sometimes.

Old July 12th, 2011, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
Channeling electromagnetic radiation, neat. Basically, telepathy. The only things you might want to consider on this card are centering her name and adding "does not have to stop her movement when entering" to Lava Resistant.
Yeah, I prefer her movement. I just took the power straight from the official Obsidian Guards card. I'll change it when I do an update.
Old July 12th, 2011, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1 View Post
Nice card.

I don't know anything about Firestar or he Microwave Beam, but can it travel through castle walls? I know regular microwaves can travel through walls to an extent. Even if they can, how would Firestar know where to attack if she couldn't see opponents through walls? Powers that don't require LOS can get a little funky sometimes.
Well there are 2 options I can see for this one:

1) It's a heat based power, so she can sense where to send the microwave beams. [slightly cheating, but my preferd choice because of simplicity]

2) When attacking with Miceowave Heat Beam special attack, any friendly figure in clear sight may be used to check for clear line of sight on the affected figure [or words to that effect]

What do people think of those choices?
Old July 12th, 2011, 04:42 AM

My latest addition to the fornt page - Captain Atom!
(I know the first two powers could be combined, but I have some ideas for future synnergy effects)
Old July 14th, 2011, 12:04 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: StreakyScape - Dr. Manhattan? (12th July 2011)

Good stuff Streaky. If you'll allow a few more comments on Giganta, I find it kind of weird to have the word "when" twice in a sentence. My suggestion for Giant Reach:

Giganta may add 1 to her range when she attacks a figure whose base is no more than 6 levels higher than her height or 6 lives lower than her base, with her normal attack.

I would also leave off the additional range modification regarding her Special Attack because Special attacks are not supposed to be affected by any other advantage. I think of them as self contained. besides, having the ability to attack several times with a bonus against fliers should be enough incentive to use the power while still maintaining her nice more powerful normal attack with the extended range.

I also think Giant Stomp needs some tweaking but I'll have to think about that one. It almost seems that if we work at it, you can avoid writing out the whole "6 levels above..." sentence twice on the card.

Somehow you want to get this across:
- She can attack figures that are within one or two spaces if they are within the 6 level restrictions.
- She gets a bonus if they are within one space as opposed to 2.
- she has the Special Attack as written (without the range extension.

You see as written, Giant Stomp references adjacent figures but then limits them to the within 6 levels. But in actuality, a figure at 5 levels above her height would not meet the initial requirement of adjacent. Therefore, you have a breakdown of logic as currently written. Am I making sense to anyone other than the other voices in my head?
Old July 22nd, 2011, 12:25 PM

Re: StreakyScape - Dr. Manhattan? (12th July 2011)

Hi Matt - Thanks for the feedback - I'll post an edited version of Giganta soon.

Today's entry in the StreakyScape may seem familiar. That's because it's mirroring a character design by IamBatman! (Big Cheese over at C3G).

I found his card for Mirror Master and thought it sounded great and could to with some beautifying. But so as not to be a complete copycat, I've reworded the powers quite considerably in an attempt to make the card easier to read and the powers sound more official (I'm guessing this was one of his earlier attempts).

Here's the original...

And here's mine.

As usual, comments are appreciated. I'd especially like to know what IamBatman thinks of this card (and hope it hasn't offended him).

Last edited by streaky2007; February 22nd, 2012 at 03:47 PM.
Old July 22nd, 2011, 05:08 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: StreakyScape - Copycat Crime! (22nd July 2011)

Oh, hey, no worries, I consider all the designs in my old thread to be "public use." They're pretty rough for the most part, though, honestly. I think I can say with confidence that I've grown a lot as a designer since I put those together. Still, I'm flattered you saw some potential in it. I definitely don't blame you for trying to rework some of the wording, though!
The first two powers look good, but may need some wording adjustment still to make them sound more official. I'm also not sure that "moves as a squad" is really clear terminology, so you might want to be more specific with that.
The last power with the targeting swap ... I'm just not sure that honestly works with all of the powers involved when a figure attacks or defends. The concept of a figure attacking itself may or may not be workable at all, honestly.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 1st, 2011, 01:43 PM

Re: StreakyScape - Copycat Crime! (22nd July 2011)

Hi Bats,

Thanks for the feedback (and your blessing). I've reworded the movement to specify the squad movement.

Updated card
Spoiler Alert!

As for the last power, would you prefer...

UNFLATTERING REFLECTION
When Mirror Master is targetted for a normal attack and at least 1 skull is rolled, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, the attack has no effect, and the attacking figure receives a wound.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations