Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old September 15th, 2008, 09:12 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Emirroon

The Book of Emirroon
Defenders of Kinsland - Collection 8 - "Elves"

Heroscape Character Bio:
"Friends, look up," the wizard Emirroon shouts.
Following Emirroon's pointed finger the elves all spot a silhouette against the moonlight.
"The princess on her mount! We've reached her before the wolves..."
His words are cut short as they gaze up in horror. The strength of the wolves is known to increase with the full of the moon, but none in The Order could have guessed at the sight now unraveling before them.
From above the canopy of trees spread out before them, rise the forms of three Anubians leaping high into the night sky. Clawing at the air, the wolves catch hold of the princess' flying gryphillin and drag it out of the sky.
"To me," Emirroon shouts, striking the ground with his staff. The members of The Order, spread out across the surrounding landscape, all vanish in swirls of smoke and re-appear around the grey-cloaked Emirroon.
"The stone is in peril! Take action brothers."

(photos courtesy of Truth )
Am I reading that right? Emirroon can summon figures onto glyphs?
A. Yes.

Synergy Benefits Received
- ACOLARH : Leaf of the Home Tree Aura
As an elf, Emirroon may benefit from Acolarh’s LEAF OF THE HOME TREE AURA defensive bonus.

- ACOLARH : Ullar’s Amulet

As a follower of Ullar, Emirroon may benefit from Acolarh’s ULLAR’S AMULET movement bonus.

- KYNTELA GWYN : Strength of Oak Aura 1

As an elf, Emirroon may benefit from Kyntela Gwyn's STRENGTH OF OAK AURA 1 defense bonus.

- ULGINESH : Mind Link
As an Elf Wizard, Emirroon may benefit from Ulginesh's MIND LINK activation synergy.

- ELVES* : Elven Summoning Spell
Any adjacent elf may aid Emirroon with his Elven Summoning Spell d20 ability.
*For a list of Elf units, See SYNERGY BENEFITS OFFERED.
Synergy Benefits Offered
- ARKMER : Staff of Lerkintin
As an Elf Wizard, Emirroon may aid Arkmer with his Staff of Lerkintin Defense Enhancement

- CHARDRIS
: Fire Strike Special Attack

As an Elf Wizard, Emirroon may aid Chardris with his Fire Strike Special Attack.

- JORHDAWN : Rain of Flame Special Attack
As an Elf Wizard, Emirroon may aid Johrdawn with her Rain of Flame Special Attack.

-ELVES : Elven Summoning Spell
* Arkmer
* Acolarh

* Aubrien Archers
* Chardris
* Jorhdawn
* Kyntela Gwyn
* Morsbane
* Sonlen
* Syvarris
* Ulginesh
* Warriors of Ashra
- OTONASHI : Tricky Speed 4 : As a unit with a Tricky personality, Emirroon may aid Otonashi with her Tricky Speed 4 movement bonus.
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Rankings

Jexik: Emirroon- Well, he's more reliable than Saylind. B-

OEAO: B

Cleon: Tier 3 (186/208)

dok (VC inclusive): With Haduc's powerful defensive bonus in play, using Emirroon to keep the elf wizards clumped together is more important than before. B

Master Index
Emirroon
Initial Examination:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...light=Emirroon
Army Ideas:
Wave 8 Elves: Fit for Tournament Play?
Eckels's Elf Army Thread:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=20683

Unit Strategy Review
TBA

Last edited by superfrog; March 13th, 2019 at 02:56 PM. Reason: vc added
Old September 15th, 2008, 11:13 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Emirroon

This guy is probably my favorite Elf Wizard (well, him or Morsbane). With a little luck, your entire army will be ready to rain hell on your opponent with in a round or two. Very useful in my games.
Old April 11th, 2009, 06:31 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wow, not much activity on this elves book.

Anyway, just looking at this guy, 80 points for a transportation system isnt bad i suppose. However he doesnt move far, 5 spaces by land. And he is a rather ineffective fighter. Weaker defense, offense and move, good life though.

I dont have him, but I imagine that to use him as a transportation system would be rather challenging as you are moving up one non-combatant up 5 spaces in hopes of summoning up some allies.

I suppose you could pare him up with theracus, or saylind. But then how much do you really want to spend on you transport system?

Edit: I see that he is rated B- on the power ranking, however there is no summary like most other units have.

Last edited by Toad Rocket; April 11th, 2009 at 07:13 PM.
Old April 12th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Emirroon is a key component to the Elf Squad. When he dies, significant flexibility is lost.
He protects your fragile force by pulling the battered out of harms way, assisting Arkmer in his positioning, and maintaining the wall of Ashra.
-
MyBrute version: http://emirroon.mybrute.com

Last edited by Confred; April 12th, 2009 at 04:32 PM.
Old April 13th, 2009, 11:08 AM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I am sorry, i just cant wrap my head around how emirron is a key component to the elf squad. I can understand him pulling back wounded elves, assuming you have a healer with you. But how does he plan to maintain the wall of ashra? Wouldnt it be easier to move the ashra to fill in any holes rather than emirron in hopes of the teleport?

I would think that elf fellow on the pretty pegasus (name escapes me) that can mind link allowing two wizards activations per turn would be a much better support figure.

But, that is just looking from the outside without actually trying these guys in a game.
Old April 13th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Toad Rocket,

In the same way that Ulginesh gives extra activations to the Elves, Emiroon gives extra movement activations to the Elves. He typically grabs at least one which means that three+ Elves (himself included) normally move when Ulginesh activates him. Because the Elves thrive on cuddling, more Elves moving = better. One easy example is:

Ulgy has an OM and activate Emiroon. He moves forward and summons Arkmer and Kyntela Gwyn. With the second half of his OM, Ulgy activates Jorhdawn who moves forward, adjacent to KG for the +1 to defense and in range of three Wizards, maximizing her attack. Without Emiroon, it might have taken an entire extra OM to get Wizards in range for her to have a full strength attack.

Additionally, he is the third cheapest Elf Wiz after KG and Arkmer. Again, with the benefits for massing Elves together, cheap is good.

~Aldin, who has tried Elf Wizard armies sans Emiroon without much success

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old April 13th, 2009, 11:45 AM

Ahh, okay, that makes sense.

Like I said, I do not have them so I havent actually had the oppurtunity to try them first hand.

Elf army seems to need ALOT of finesse to make effecitve.

Toad Rocket ~ who wonders if aldin will ever run out of catchy little phrases at the end of his posts.
Old April 13th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You hit the nail on the head there, finesse indeed.
It is the most frail army I have ever played. Takes time, patience, and coordination to do relatively minor actions.
But it is fun.
Playing this army is the closest thing in Heroscape I have ever come to with regards to a RPG band.
Old April 13th, 2009, 11:08 PM

Windy_City_Hawk has disabled reputation

I've played with the elves a couple of times, and though I lost, Emirroon was a crucial component in all the success that I did have. In these two games I was able to get 6 elves on height within two turns!

True indeed the elves are fragile (which is what lead to my losses), but with Ulginesh and Emirroon they are HIGHLY mobile!

The elf army is difficult to operate at anything less than 600 pts, and IMO really would need 1000 pts of elves to be consistantly successful. Maybe then can patch them up with the 9th elf!
Old April 14th, 2009, 06:34 PM

Angear knows what's in an order marker Angear knows what's in an order marker

In my opinion the elf army seems like one of the most strategic armies in the game considering you are always trying to get them in a good placement.

My map thread is here new map 10/16/12
Old April 14th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angear View Post
In my opinion the elf army seems like one of the most strategic armies in the game considering you are always trying to get them in a good placement.
If you mean that they require a lot of strategy to play them correctly, then I agree. I think the 10th Reg. falls into this category, too...

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old May 19th, 2009, 01:11 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

at the risk of going against collective wisdom, is this guy really necessary? The more I've thought about it, the more I'm not so sure.

In your standard woven wizard army, usually emirroon is activated early to by the elves into position. That's about it. Other than a yo-yo here or there or pulling an elf out of engagement, he really doesn't have many other uses.

Isn't it maybe worth it to spend a couple more OMs early to get setup if that means you get Raelin? With as bad as the elves' defense is, I might think so. Thoughts?

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units