Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 20th, 2013, 09:28 PM

Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker
Re: Custom fictional Heroscape cards

Added Sin, Klaw, Maria Hill, Jim Morita, Agent Nightingale. I did not make Sin's design. Her design was done by Smithy Winfred. I only made her card, so thank you to Smithy Winfred for letting me make a card using his Sin design and the credit goes to him

Last edited by Gardevoir; July 22nd, 2013 at 12:53 PM.
Old July 20th, 2013, 09:34 PM

Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker

Remade Mewtwo, Mew, Clayton Carmine, Marcus Fenix, Alma Wade, 4-LOM, Apemon, China Sorrows, Tanith Low and Valkyrie Cain.

Old August 26th, 2013, 05:08 PM

Added Manphibian, Doctor Druid, Werewolf By Night, Augustus Cole and Dean Winchester.

Old October 2nd, 2013, 08:40 PM

Re: Gardevoir's Customs

Satana Hellstrom, MetalGreymon and Stunfisk have been added. Morrigan Aensland has also been updated.

Old October 3rd, 2013, 06:55 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I admit I'm not well versed in superhero, Pokemon, or Star Wars 'Scape projects. I also don't know much about some of the other franchises here, such as Halo and Gears of War. I can try to give comments on some of your other customs.

Aragorn II Elessar

The "minimum of 1" in King of Men can be problematic. If a figure with Attack 1 and a +1 bonus attacks Aragorn, does it apply the +1 or the -1 first? You'll get different answers depending on the order (1 - 1 = 1 due to minimum 1, then 1 + 1 = 2; 1 + 1 = 2, then 2 - 1 = 1). Swordplay has some problematic cases. If he attacks downhill first with 6 dice, then attacks someone on the same level, how many dice does he roll for the second attack? Or the reverse, if he attacks the same level first, would his second attack get the bonus dice for height? Powers like King of Men that decrease attack dice could cause problems too. It would be better to say "Aragon's Attack is decreased by 1" for each attack. The Fellowship would be cleaner if the turn came before Aragon's turn, as it takes away the question of whether or not the bonus turn still happens if Aragorn dies during his turn. (Technically, the answer is no, since the card has left play, but I wouldn't expect most people to know that.)

Legolas Greenleaf
If Legolas attacks a second time, can he use Rain of Arrows again? He can't get a 3rd attack due to the "one additional" wording, but could he try to reduce his opponent's defense? Otherwise he's a pretty solid figure. Disengage is pretty key for an archer.

Gimli
The wording of Throwing Axe Special Attack contradicts itself. It says you can attack one additional time, which by the rules of Heroscape must be another Throwing Axe Special Attack, but the last line of Throwing Axe Special Attack limits its use to once per round. That limit would prevent using it a second time in a turn. In the world of classic 'Scape he would be undercosted, bonding with the Axegrinders, providing them with a ranged special attack, and being incredibly tough to kill.

Gandalf the Grey
I like the overall design. While I don't normally think lightning when I think of Gandalf, it doesn't bother me. At first blush I'd put him well over 200pts; he's downright amazing all around.

Gollum (Smeagol)
Concealing Darkness has some loopholes, or at least weird corner cases dealing with clear sight. Not all special powers require targeting, in fact most do not. Even some powers, like Mimring's Fire Line, do not target anything but do require clear sight to affect things. It would be safer to simply say "opponent's non-adjacent figures do not have clear sight on Gollum." If Gollum starts his turn 4 spaces away from a figure with Equipment, must he move to that figure, even if he has to jump off a cliff and die to do it? What if he has to take many leaving engagement attacks to do it? What if he has to cross 4 lava tiles to do it?

Lara Croft
In Survivor Skills, what does it mean that "elevation changes of up to 2 levels count as one space?" If he walks up a 2-level high hill, how many movement points does it take? How about a 10-level high cliff? Hunter Skills has the same clear sight problem that Gollum does. I'm not sure what counts as "terrain" for Hunter Skills either; does a 2-level high hill count as terrain? Brawler Skills, as worded, triggers off of special attacks as well as normal attacks. Powers that trigger off of special attacks create all sorts of weird problems. In this case, you're interrupting potentially complex attacks and possibly killing the attacking figure. One problematic case that comes to mind is Pelloth's Lolth's Wrath Special Attack.

Tabuu
Wow. Off Waves is insanely powerful. You roll the 20-sided die for each figure three times, and inflict 2 wounds for each 16+, right? So a figure could get 6 damage from it? You do need words to say that Tabuu is not affected. What does it mean that Pinpoint Explosion cannot attack the same figure more than once? Imagine three figures all in a line. First I attack the one on the left, affecting the figure in the middle. Am I not allowed to attack the figure on the right with my next attack, since the attack will also affect the figure in the middle?

Dean Winchester
Thematically fitting. Pretty much a demon-killing Johnny Shotgun.

Nico Robin
What does it mean that a restrained figure "cannot use any special powers on its army card?" There are many powers that are not "used" but are simply always in affect, like Marcus's Soldier Leadership. And how about negative powers, for example one that says it loses defense dice against certain figures? And how does being restrained affect squads? If one Viper is restrained, can the Vipers as a unit roll for Frenzy?

Naruto Uzumaki
Can Rasengan throw a figure up a 100ft high wall? How about through a wall? Shadow Clone has a problem of "adjacent to his original placement." A figure cannot be adjacent to itself, and there is actually no such thing as being adjacent to a space. Adjacency requires comparing bases and heights, and spaces do not have either. You could say something like "may move Naruto one space. That space may be up to 4 levels higher or lower."
Old October 3rd, 2013, 07:58 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I'm pretty sure Gardevoir designed these figures to be played with C3G Heroscape, Scytale. That would negate a lot of your concerns (for example, Gimli bonding with the Axegrinders is irrelevant, Swordplay is an official C3G power, C3G defined the term 'adjacent to spaces in their first Master Set, and the "elevation changes of up to 2 levels count as one space" wording has also been used and defined by C3G). You seem to be judging them by Classic Scape standards, and while Superscape doesn't have lower standards, it does have different ones.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 3rd, 2013, 08:53 PM

Thanks for the comments! whilst you are thinking along the lines of classic scape, my customs are designed to be used in Marvelscape, specifically I use them alongside C3G in games. A lot of powers used in my customs have been created by C3G, or are tweeked versions of C3G powers. But I shall address your comments:

Aragorn II Elessar
For King of Men, I always do the attacking figure's allies powers first (so increases in attack first), then any negative effects. But similar effects aren't officially listed as that. I'm pretty sure there is a official figure somewhere that had a power or attack that could reduce a figure's defense, but to a minimum of 1, but I could be wrong. In most cases it would be a D20 roll though to see which power is used first. For Swordplay, that is already a C3G power that has been used several times. Attack dice are sorted first every time, then any bonuses/negatives from height, other figures etc afterwards, so you could get 4, 4, 2. 4 being the original attack on same level, then 3 + 1 for height advantage, then 2 on the last attack on same level. The idea for The Fellowship was that the figure moves in, with another following after. I agree most people won't know that, but yes if he died during that turn, Fellowship could then not be used.

Legolas Greenleaf
He wouldn't be able to lower opponent's defense if he attacked twice. I tried to word the power similarly to how Kato Katsuro's power is worded, in the sense that it is one effect or the other. Thank you!

Gimli
I'm pretty sure C3G has a power somewhere that has similar wording. You can only use the special attack once a round, but when you use it, you attack twice with it. My customs are designed to be used with C3G, but if you did decide to use them in classic then the majority of them will not be priced properly. Gimli is a good example of this because of the bonding. In C3G, there are no options for Dwarves to get any bonuses.

Gandalf the Grey
Thank you! This is one of those designs that I made early on, but haven't changed for a while, I have been meaning to change the Lightning though. I think I priced him about high 200s on the original design.

Gollum (Smeagol)
The power means he is hiding, so he cannot be seen by opponent's. Things like explosions from special attacks can still get him. This power was slightly differently worded version of a C3G power, which is why the text is lengthened out a bit.

Lara Croft
Just as a heads up, I have redone her card with quite a few changes, it just needs to be uploaded and the old card taken off. Basically, if she moves onto a height of 2 or less, it counts as 1 move. So if she moved up 2 levels, it would count as 1 move instead of 3. It is a copy of a C3G power. Terrain is basically anything on the battlefield other than a figure. Triggering special attacks was the idea, but this power has been removed from my newer Lara Croft design, as I felt this design was too powerful, the Brawler Skills power being partly the problem. Expect to see her newer card soon, tomorrow at the very latest.

Tabuu
Being incredibly powerful was the idea, as I base bosses from video games on what they are like on the hardest difficulty. Rolling the 20-sided die for each figure three times and inflict 2 wounds for each 16+, is indeed correct. 6 damage, on a very lucky roll streak, would just end up being an instant kill on a lot of things in C3G, likewise in the game he is in. Figures cannot have clear line of sight on themselves, so wording that in is not needed. Again this is a design like Gandalf where I haven't changed it in a long time, although I have a different write up for Tabuu somewhere. For Pinpoint Explosion, you cannot target the same figure more than once. How it is meant to be worded, you can go in a straight line if you wanted to, but again this is a design I haven't updated for sometime, and there are a few bugs with his design.

Dean Winchester
Thank you! That was actually how I wanted to go with him

Nico Robin
It means that any written power or special attack becomes unusable, like how Morsbane's power works, but it is only temporary. Negating powers would also be prevented, so if that figure looses defense dice when attacked by a non-adjacent figure, and then a non-adjacent figure attacks it, it doesn't lose any defense because of that power. Only the actual squad figure that is restrained cannot do anything, any other figure on that card can, that's where the "that" comes in. Vipers would still be able to roll for Frenzy, as there may be other Vipers that took a turn that are not restrained. If you did manage to take another turn with the Vipers, only the restrained ones could do nothing.

Naruto Uzumaki
It can indeed push someone over that height, although that isn't always likely to happen. A lot of powers have similar effects. I'm pretty sure C3G made a ruling for it (could be wrong though). I used it from another power anyway. Adjacent to its original placement means that it can move onto a space that, if a figure was on that space and was considered adjacent to him, then the space would be considered adjacent to him, and he could move onto it.

Again thanks for the comments! They are appreciated muchly!
Old October 4th, 2013, 08:35 AM

Kick-Ass, Mother Russia and Kuwagamon have been added. Lara Croft has also been updated.

Old October 4th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
I'm pretty sure Gardevoir designed these figures to be played with C3G Heroscape, Scytale. That would negate a lot of your concerns
Yeah, I got that impression. But not knowing the C3G world very well the best I can do is give comments the only way I know how. I try to return the favor to anyone who takes the time to comment in my customs thread, even if my comments turn out to be unhelpful.
Old October 4th, 2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
I'm pretty sure Gardevoir designed these figures to be played with C3G Heroscape, Scytale. That would negate a lot of your concerns
Yeah, I got that impression. But not knowing the C3G world very well the best I can do is give comments the only way I know how. I try to return the favor to anyone who takes the time to comment in my customs thread, even if my comments turn out to be unhelpful.
Well your comments are more than appreciated! It helps a lot to hear input from others, regardless of whether they play classic, C3G or both. So thank you very much!
Old October 10th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

You seem to have some pretty good designs, Gardevoir! It's great to see people create customs based around C3G!

Would you mind if I made a few suggestions?

One, a lot of your designs seem to have auto-destroy powers. There's nothing wrong with this, but C3G made a conscious decision to move away from these sorts of powers, since it can be pretty powerful to kill Silver Surfer or Superman in one shot. What I'd recommend is keeping the powers as is, except for adding a line saying that figures with Super Strength receive 2, 3 or 4 wounds, rather than being destroyed, at your thematic and/or mechanical discretion. Death Punch on Master of Oz and Touch of Death on VWYZ-Dragon Catapult Cannon are probably perfectly fine as is, however. It's Chainsaw Staff on Skorge that I do think especially has the potential to be overpowered.

Two, due to Meat Shield, Scarred Kantus cannot be destroyed by melee medium figures. The ability to defeat a lot of powerful figures without any luck being required is, IMO, overpowered. You may want to look at this.

Three, Ghastly Bespoke's Sanctum Ambush reads, 'If you win initiative, before placing Order Markers'. You place OM's before rolling for initiative, so that second line may need to go.

Finally, purely a thematic concern, but on Dominic Santiago, 8 attack seems like an awful lot for a sawed-off shotgun. It's once-per round and melee, so it's probably balanced, I'm just confused by a sawed-off shotgun being able to scare the pants off Superman. Then again, I've never played Gears of War, so there's probably a simple explaination.

As I said before, your customs look great, even though I have no idea who most of the characters are (though for me that's also the case with C3G much of the time...). Good work!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; October 11th, 2013 at 12:46 PM.
Old October 12th, 2013, 10:19 AM

Thank you very much for your suggestions! They are greatly appreciated

1) I hadn't noticed just how many auto-destroy powers I had made I wasn't aware C3G had made that decision, so thank you for that! Some characters, like Master of Oz and VWXYZ, I agree are ok, and that the Chainsaws probably should be changed. Some other characters, like Alma Wade, the One-Shots for Cole and Clayton and Kuwagamon don't need changing either, but the Chainsaw Lancers and Staff, along with Ezio and Noble Six's assassinations probably should be changed. To be fair though, if a character that does have Super Strength can have their skin pierced by a sword or other sharp weaponary, then part of me thinks that a chainsaw to the chest would also hurt or kill them. These shall be changed, but I do try to be accurate to the source they are coming from. If the weapon etc they are using does instant kill, I have made it an instant kill, although there are some cases where actually, that wouldn't necessarily work on characters from other universes. When these will be changed, however, is another matter. I currently have about 9 more customs being designed right now, but they will be the last ones for a while, so after then I shall make more changes to old designs!

2) Thanks for pointing this out! I tried to work it in a similar way to Lex Luthor II power. In one case I would just say he is easy enough to count with range or a small or large figure, but actually that does not match what he can actually do, which in fairness he was just a normal Kantus with a nickname. I shall most likely change it to when he is attacked by a non-adjacent figure, or just reusing Lex Luthor II's power all together.

3) Again, thanks for pointing this out, that was just a silly mistake on my behalf, and that second line shall go

4) The Sawed-Off shotgun is very powerful in close quarters (I believe in GoW Judgement the strength of it was toned down, but my design is based on GoW 3, where they are much stronger), and they do, providing they are used in close quarters, do blow people to pieces and/or in half, even some of the bigger enemies. It probably couldn't do much to Superman, but then there are a few things in C3G that probably can hurt Superman that wouldn't normally be able to.

Thank you muchly for your suggestions and reading through my designs! It is appreciated greatly!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards