Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old May 27th, 2015, 09:15 PM

Giantslayer is surprisingly tart
Newcomer / Point Valuation System

Hello. I am new member of this forum, but not new to the world of Heroscape. I have been playing Marvel Heroscape with some friends and have designed some things that may be of help to this community. I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction. I've spent a couple hours wandering this forum and not quite sure where to start.

A little bit about my background. Some of my friends picked up Marvel Heroscape and we started playing it together. It didn't take long for them to start buying new figures and grabbing random cards for them from the internet or making their own builds. Horrified at the lack of balance of all these cards, I set out to create a system for determining the value of cards.

The system I created values 7 of the 10 original characters within a 5 point margin of error. The other 3 (Iron Man, Spider-Man, and Venom) were arguably not valued well in the original set. I started making my own universe of custom builds using this system.

Eventually, I found out about this community and C3G, which is a group of people even more into Heroscape than I am. As far as I can gather, a point system similar to the one I have created does not exist within this community. I would like to offer my system to the community if there is interest in it.

I'm not sure exactly where to proceed from here. I have a PDF explaining the system and an Excel spreadsheet. I am not quite sure how and where to share these.

I've also designed around 40 character builds, most of which are pretty different from the C3G designs I've looked at. They aren't all 100% there, but I am fairly proud of some of them. I've just designed the stats and powers, but not done any of the photoshop work (not so much my area of expertise). Given how many builds are already out here on these forums, I would understand if there wasn't much interest in those. I am more interested in sharing my point system.
Old May 27th, 2015, 09:25 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Value Building

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantslayer View Post
Hello. I am new member of this forum, but not new to the world of Heroscape. I have been playing Marvel Heroscape with some friends and have designed some things that may be of help to this community. I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction. I've spent a couple hours wandering this forum and not quite sure where to start.

A little bit about my background. Some of my friends picked up Marvel Heroscape and we started playing it together. It didn't take long for them to start buying new figures and grabbing random cards for them from the internet or making their own builds. Horrified at the lack of balance of all these cards, I set out to create a system for determining the value of cards.

The system I created values 7 of the 10 original characters within a 5 point margin of error. The other 3 (Iron Man, Spider-Man, and Venom) were arguably not valued well in the original set. I started making my own universe of custom builds using this system.

Eventually, I found out about this community and C3G, which is a group of people even more into Heroscape than I am. As far as I can gather, a point system similar to the one I have created does not exist within this community. I would like to offer my system to the community if there is interest in it.

I'm not sure exactly where to proceed from here. I have a PDF explaining the system and an Excel spreadsheet. I am not quite sure how and where to share these.

I've also designed around 40 character builds, most of which are pretty different from the C3G designs I've looked at. They aren't all 100% there, but I am fairly proud of some of them. I've just designed the stats and powers, but not done any of the photoshop work (not so much my area of expertise). Given how many builds are already out here on these forums, I would understand if there wasn't much interest in those. I am more interested in sharing my point system.
I think I have an old sheet somewhere that has my early attempts at creating a regression for all Classic figures to see if I could come up with a pricing system but I never tried for the Marvel figures.

That said, if you are unable to upload things to Scapers (as a PDF or whatnot) I'd upload the sheet to Google Sheets and share there.

~Dysole, hoping that helps
Old May 27th, 2015, 09:59 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Newcomer / Point Valuation System

Well, you can post your point system in text in the Customs forum or in the Marvel Customs forum. Im sure someone will be hapy to look it over.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 28th, 2015, 05:58 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Welcome to the site!

I've also attempted to derive The Formula -- the holy grail of all custom makers! I think my formula for classics doesn't work so well for Marvels though. Anyway, I would be interested to see what your numbers look like and how you derived them.
Old May 29th, 2015, 02:23 AM

Re: Value Building

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
That said, if you are unable to upload things to Scapers (as a PDF or whatnot) I'd upload the sheet to Google Sheets and share there.

~Dysole, hoping that helps
I haven't had any luck figuring out how to upload anything to this site. The Google Sheet suggestion was very helpful, though. I've got my spreadsheet into Google Sheets and it looks pretty functional, but I'll double check it another day before I put a link to make sure I didn't overlook anything. I also think I've figured out how to link to the PDF from there as well. It's long enough that it would be a bit much for a forum post. I have a few pretty busy days coming up, though, so it might be a little bit before everything is up.
Old May 29th, 2015, 05:50 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

@Dysole I also tried regression testing, but needed to update and reformat my seriously outdated and incomplete Heroscape Special Powers by Type Spreadsheet, because powers of various types and strength will affect cost differently but hypothetically similar ones should affect it the same. Anyway, I had no luck, but was no expert at SPSS and advanced regression modeling. How did your model go?
@Giantslayer I look forward to see your model.
Old May 29th, 2015, 09:51 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Oh Gosh

I'd have to go dig it up from somewhere as I only barely got around to adding in things like special attacks, flight, yadda yadda. I was using Stata and may have to purchase Stata to continue as once I graduate grad school I no longer get free access to it.

~Dysole, wondering how much a regression would tell us
Old June 1st, 2015, 12:08 AM

My approach was actually a lot simpler than what it sounds like you guys were doing. Finally got everything up and running. I made a thread over in the Marvel Customs forum. I suppose it would probably be better to have the conversation migrate over there instead of having two separate threads going.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=51757

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online