Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 9th, 2009, 12:50 AM

travito is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
what do i need to buy to play heroscape?

what stuff do i need to buy to play heroscape with 2 or 3 other people? i cant find a beginner set on any websites, all i see is expansions.
Old January 9th, 2009, 12:55 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Re: what do i need to buy to play heroscape?

Try one of these.

Most of the people on this site (including me) prefer the first one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old January 9th, 2009, 12:56 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Welcome to the site!

To start the game, you'll need a Master Set. They are getting a little harder to find, but they're still out there. Here are two places on the front page of this site that have them:

http://www.wargamersheadquarters.com...y/1-heroscape/

http://www.housemousegames.com/index.html

Good luck!

EDIT: Jexik's a bit faster than I.
Old January 9th, 2009, 12:59 AM

can you mix and match with marvel and the classic one? also does it matter what charactors you use be it marval or the classic ones?
Old January 9th, 2009, 01:03 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

The majority play classic. They can be played together, but most people don't. The aforementioned master sets give you the most bang for the buck.
Old January 9th, 2009, 01:03 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by travito View Post
can you mix and match with marvel and the classic one? also does it matter what charactors you use be it marval or the classic ones?
Short answer? Yes, you can mix them. No, it does not matter which characters you use in games in your own house. Most tournaments don't allow Marvel, although some do. All three sets are fun in their own way, and are worth purchasing for what they add to the game as a whole.

If I had to pick just one, it'd be Rise of the Valkyrie (Master Set 1), unless you really like superheroes or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old January 9th, 2009, 01:10 AM

is heroscape more fun then games like monopoly and scrabble? also is heroscape a game other adults would like to play or would they see it as just toys? the only games my family plays is the games they sell at walmart and those are boring.
Old January 9th, 2009, 01:16 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

There are plenty of thirty-somethings here as well as at least one nearing retirement. Heroscape really appeals to a broad age group. More fun than Monopoly and Scrabble? Absolutely!
Old January 9th, 2009, 01:35 AM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
what stuff do i need to buy to play heroscape with 2 or 3 other people?
All of it.

...what? You were thinking it.
Old January 9th, 2009, 01:36 AM

joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker

I would also suggest the first one, but many player own all three. just to let you know, they sell scape at Wallmart(spelling?)

EDIT: ninja'd

A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.
Old January 9th, 2009, 01:56 AM

Dualahorn knows what's in an order marker Dualahorn knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
There are plenty of thirty-somethings here as well as at least one nearing retirement. Heroscape really appeals to a broad age group. More fun than Monopoly and Scrabble? Absolutely!
I am thinking of who you are thinking of.
Old January 9th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
is heroscape more fun then games like monopoly and scrabble? also is heroscape a game other adults would like to play or would they see it as just toys? the only games my family plays is the games they sell at walmart and those are boring.
I'm in my 60s and play with a couple of guys in their 50s, a few in their 30s, and a bunch who are college age. I'm not sure what happened to the guys in their 40s around here. I also play 'Scape with my grandson and other teens, too. So, yes, there is plenty in HeroScape to interest an adult in the game.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion