Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old November 20th, 2008, 01:22 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!
Grey Zones and Normal Attacks

Last night I played a game with my father; there were many LOS blockers. I had positioned one of my figures so that his cape covered his back, and his red hit zone could not be seen.

My father argued that since the cape is not very protective against arrows (and such) he can still target Johny's back, even though there was no red area exposed.

Is that legal? I understand how the gray zone works for wings, but never has there been grey directly covering red.

Ya, I searched the topic.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old November 20th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Re: Grey Zones and Normal Attacks

Gray parts are not hit zones, so your father was wrong. Johnny is about the only HS figure with a gray cape, for what it's worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old November 20th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I would argue that the only grey part of the cape is the part that's "blowing in the wind." The rest (covering his back) could be targeted.

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old November 20th, 2008, 02:55 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
I would argue that the only grey part of the cape is the part that's "blowing in the wind." The rest (covering his back) could be targeted.

I would argue that too but now looking at the card again it appears all of his duster (not a cape) and guns are not target-able. (look at the collar )
Old November 20th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That's not the whole collar (lapels and all) just the part that's sticking up. backatcha!

I would also argue that everything that can't be seen in the target (ie his back) would be red. Otherwise, they'd hafta specifically show it.

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old November 20th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

And this is why Cyprien's cape is all red.

Quote:
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old November 20th, 2008, 03:33 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

The duster covers his arms and shoulders as well, and those are target zones. So you can't just say the entire duster.

As BIV says, the parts "blowing in the wind" or better said not covering body parts are the non target areas. You can shoot Johnny in his back all day long.

Wow it feels like 2006 all over again.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old November 20th, 2008, 03:37 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
The duster covers his arms and shoulders as well, and those are target zones. So you can't just say the entire duster.

As BIV says, the parts "blowing in the wind" or better said not covering body parts are the non target areas. You can shoot Johnny in his back all day long.

That makes sense.

But I have no idea what the 2006 reference means.

Old November 20th, 2008, 03:33 PM

So I am to uderstand that Johny could not have been shot in this situation, but since Cyprien's cape is red he can be shot?

My counter argument was that Kyrie wings can block LOS to figures behind them; I'm assuming this remains true, and therefore makes Johny's cape a LOS blocker?

Old November 20th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLanturn View Post
So I am to uderstand that Johny could not have been shot in this situation, but since Cyprien's cape is red he can be shot?
EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
I can't say I have any idea what you're talking about.
I'd go with what R˙chean says. Shoot him in the back.

Quote:
Old November 20th, 2008, 03:40 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

My "2006 all over again" is only a reference to having previsouly had this conversation. I meant no offense.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; November 20th, 2008 at 03:42 PM. Reason: rehash wasn't necessary so I took it out
Old November 20th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

I remember the Johnny conversation from "back in the day." I think the same conclusion ("blowing in the wind") was reached back then, too. The consensus, if I remember it aright, was that the duster was not somehow magically bullet-proof.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's