Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 19th, 2016, 02:42 AM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation
Re: Terrain Maintenance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireemblemrox View Post
Hi all,

I have had my collection for a long while now, and still play often enough. Today I was taking apart my map to rebuild a new one and realized that the pieces were very tightly locked together. I had huge trouble getting them apart, and even accidentally broke some of the single hex water tiles by mistake!

Some pieces were getting jammed together at odd angles, and I was too fearful to attempt to remove the pieces of water adjacent to big land tiles.

I'm sure this has something to do with thermodynamics and the expansion of plastic as it sits in heat, or something like that. However, has anyone also experienced sudden brittleness of water (and other similar) terrain pieces? Does anyone do anything for terrain maintenance at all?

I want to preserve my collection as best as I can, especially now that I'm short so many water tiles. This has never been an issue before, though this particular map I left constructed for a bit longer than before (we have a room dedicated to this and played 6 or 7 games over the course of a few weeks).
Sorry to hear about this.

I have a lots and lots of 2nd edition water tiles that I can send to you at no charge.

Send me a PM with your address and I'll see about getting like 20 out to you.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion