Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old January 2nd, 2012, 01:46 PM

Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedim Kabal;1536434
Something like these?

[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=33402"
C3V and SoV Index of Books[/url]

CHCG24 Display Thread

...I think the SoV display thread is so small 'cause they're so, um, thorough.
Yeah I know of those but link one only has like 14 customs and link two doesn't help if someone has figure X and wants to make a tested custom out of it. And if new people come the the site they don't know what CHC3$$ST#%@ means. Heck, I come here ever so often and I don't know what all your acronyms mean.

I envision a single sticky thread. With tried and true tested customs with a quick card picture list broken down into Generals. Similar to the Halls of Valhalla thread but more of a gallery with more than 13 customs.
The current custom gallery is a mess and full of 100 useless Santa's, turkeys and pumpkin heads

Currently I have to sift through well know custom artist threads to hunt for something that even remotely looks balanced that isn't a bubbly cartoon figure or a the 100th broken Jedi custom. Some custom creators have set up their threads in a more organized manner then the site. If Customs are all we have left we should find a quick and intuitive way to promote them on this site to help show new players the game can be easy to make customs. An easy way to say

I have THIS figure and HERE is a balanced custom for it, click print and you are ready to play.
The DC/Marvel customs (C3G I think it is called) is set up pretty good.

I would hope collectively we can be more organized then Hasbro
Old January 2nd, 2012, 01:54 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
Ah but then there is the saying "too many cooks spoil the broth."

Either way if you are wanting to go the route of searching for customs starting with the A-Z Custom Unit Creators thread is probably a good place to start.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old January 2nd, 2012, 04:08 PM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Bogue View Post
Curious, no yeas or nays from the judges yet. Perhaps I have submitted a dud.
To answer this question, my guess is my fellow judges are busy with enjoying the Holiday, some people partied all weekend including last night (like myself ).

Now on to your nomination. There is a typo in the first power, you have a repeated word...so I'll vote Nay for the Foulwind Pulverizers until that is fixed.
I noticed that other judges had posted on other threads since I had put in the nominations. Anyway the card is fixed and updated.
Old January 2nd, 2012, 04:23 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I don't think CHCG24 is really what you're looking for, as those figures are not tested for balance; it's essentially a workshop for getting the language polished.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedim Kabal View Post
C3V and SoV Books of Index

...I think the SoV display thread is so small 'cause they're so, um, thorough.
Yeah I know of those but link one only has like 14 customs
How many customs did you get, per year, from Hasbro, in the two years that followed Wave 7?

Making good customs that are balanced is a difficult process, and none of us are being paid to do it. There will be more customs released in the next few months, I expect.

Quote:
and link two doesn't help if someone has figure X and wants to make a tested custom out of it.
I'm not sure what you're suggesting here, but it seems like you're complaining that there aren't tested customs ready to use for any given "figure X". I'm not sure that's a realistic goal...

Quote:
I envision a single sticky thread. With tried and true tested customs with a quick card picture list broken down into Generals.
The C3V/SoV thread is basically what you're talking about, although you have to follow links to read card pictures. It is sorted by general.

Quote:
Similar to the Halls of Valhalla thread but more of a gallery with more than 13 customs.
If you want to speed the process up, the #1 thing you can do is playtest. We need all the help we can get.
Old January 2nd, 2012, 04:52 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Spoiler Alert!

Fun looking unit. I checked abprices (link to the other) and it looks like these are available, though awfully close to the edge of what I'd like for a 2-figure common squad. (Without Auggie's numbers, neither would be enough.)

So Availability is close (esp for a 2-man common squad).

I'm really nervous about a 2-man melee squad with a defense of 3. These guys seem very hard to balance--they are going to be pounded by range, but once engaged (or in HoB) they will be utter beasts.

I love the Beat Down power--great counter to common swarms (sadly, not to Rats)--but I'm not sure if you mean the unit has a defense of 3 naturally or that the unit is rolling 3 dice or less in the specific attack mentioned?

Can you clarify that power? (Or just show me how I'm (likely) misreading it...)
Old January 2nd, 2012, 05:02 PM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
Spoiler Alert!

Fun looking unit. I checked abprices (link to the other) and it looks like these are available, though awfully close to the edge of what I'd like for a 2-figure common squad. (Without Auggie's numbers, neither would be enough.)

So Availability is close (esp for a 2-man common squad).

I'm really nervous about a 2-man melee squad with a defense of 3. These guys seem very hard to balance--they are going to be pounded by range, but once engaged (or in HoB) they will be utter beasts.

I love the Beat Down power--great counter to common swarms (sadly, not to Rats)--but I'm not sure if you mean the unit has a defense of 3 naturally or that the unit is rolling 3 dice or less in the specific attack mentioned?

Can you clarify that power? (Or just show me how I'm (likely) misreading it...)
I think there availability is better than the Beakface Sneaks. Anyway in regards to Beat Down here is the current wording:
Spoiler Alert!
. I think this may be a better wording for the power:
Spoiler Alert!
. Does that clear up the intent and function?
Old January 2nd, 2012, 10:55 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

While I'm not a judge I am not fond of the two different kinds of Trogs, kind of hate the 4th edition cartoony Trogs over the older 1st/2nd/3rd edition Trogs. I'd be more inclined to like the Troglodyte Thug or the Cleric of Laozged better than the Brute by far.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!

Last edited by robbdaman; January 3rd, 2012 at 01:02 AM.
Old January 2nd, 2012, 11:12 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I have THIS figure and HERE is a balanced custom for it, click print and you are ready to play.
The DC/Marvel customs (C3G I think it is called) is set up pretty good.

Skeletor, without a doubt the C3G guys know what they're doing and they are something we are trying to emulate, at least in the C3V.

I think the customs from the C3V and the SoV are both of the very highest levels, polished and ready to go, and they are collected all together in the C3V/SoV Books thread. The C3V is aiming to release about 2 waves per year, and I think we're on track for that for our next wave at least, and the SoV is plodding along, doing its thing.

What you may have overlooked is the C3V work is done in a private subforum, so the releases can be Just Like the Old Days, with things coming out in waves as pleasant surprises for those not working on them in the little workshop.

Anyway. That's where we are.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 2nd, 2012, 11:17 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Hah! It's the holidays, Super Bogue, and even if it weren't, I'm not *constantly* here. Almost constantly, yes, constantly, no.

Cards with typos get a quick . It makes my job easier.

I am intrigued by the use of distinct minis in a common squad. Why not, says I? Looks doable.

to Super Bogue's Foulwind Pulverizers.

= =
Old January 2nd, 2012, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Hah! It's the holidays, Super Bogue, and even if it weren't, I'm not *constantly* here. Almost constantly, yes, constantly, no.

Cards with typos get a quick . It makes my job easier.

I am intrigued by the use of distinct minis in a common squad. Why not, says I? Looks doable.

to Super Bogue's Foulwind Pulverizers.
I fixed the typos this afternoon. Please look at the current card.
Old January 2nd, 2012, 11:50 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Sorry, is this not the current card?

= =
Old January 3rd, 2012, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Sorry, is this not the current card?

It is. Did I miss another typo? I fixed the one Mimring mentioned earlier.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs