Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 29th, 2010, 09:11 PM

SamuraiSwordsman Woo who?
Post Looking for Hatamoto Taro

Hi! I'm new to Heroscape and I was introduced to the game in the '06 - '07 time frame. Several years later I bought the master set but with a small apartment, it was put in the closet until my wife and I moved and I have a spacious basement to play the game with. I'm a fan of samurai and looking at my Izumi Samurai squad, I'm excited of grabbing some other samurai to play with in the future. I saw Hatamoto Taro and thought he would be neat to have. After researching him, I see he was a limited release guy and people are charging $50-$90 online for the guy (which means upwards to $100 for two inches of plastic and a flimsy paper card). Would anyone know of a better means of acquiring this guy? Also, if anyone in the community would be interested in parting with one for one way or another, I'd like to hear about it.

SamuraiSwordsman
Kyle
Old October 29th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Looking for Hatamoto Taro

Ebay is currently about the only way, though feel free to check out the Trade Channel http://www.heroscapers.com/community...t=103&page=677

But unless you have a good trade don't count on it. Just be content in the fact that Taro sucks and comfort yourself with that (that or house rule him to his original card).

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old October 29th, 2010, 09:19 PM

SamuraiSwordsman Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Ebay is currently about the only way, though feel free to check out the Trade Channel http://www.heroscapers.com/community...t=103&page=677

But unless you have a good trade don't count on it. Just be content in the fact that Taro sucks and comfort yourself with that (that or house rule him to his original card).
I'm aware he is not amazingly good but I would like to play with him for fun and flavor. I don't intend to play him competitively, just with my wife and friends. Thanks for the link though!
Old October 29th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiSwordsman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post

I'm aware he is not amazingly good but I would like to play with him for fun and flavor. I don't intend to play him competitively, just with my wife and friends. Thanks for the link though!
Oh, I understand wanting him, that's why I said to comfort yourself with that Softens the pain at least some knowing he's no good for ya, no matter how much you want him

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old October 29th, 2010, 09:23 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Welcome to the site! And the plasticrack addiction. Chech through theSightings and Sales section. You may get lucky with Craigslist or some obscure site. Good luck.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old October 30th, 2010, 01:55 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Alternatively, you can visit the Trade Thread.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old October 30th, 2010, 05:49 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

When I started playing Heroscape, the samuri were one of my favorite units from ROTV. As a result I bought Hatamoto first out of all the flag bearers. I soon discovered that he is bad, really bad as designed. So bad that even though I love playing KA and the 3 Samuri squads I own in casual/non-competative games, I never use Hatamoto as is (a few tweaks though will get him on the board). I won't part with mine, but he is in no way worth $50+ so do not waste your money on him.

I don't know if you have any painting/modeling skills, but if you do there is a samuri themed minitures game out there that has lots of cool figures you can pick up. They even have a flag bearer of their own. I'll see if I can find a name of the figure and company that makes them for you.
Old October 30th, 2010, 07:52 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Make sure you get Kato Katsuro and plenty (3+) of the Ashigaru. They're both avaliable at hasbrotoyshop.com. You can find a discount code here: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=4033
Old October 30th, 2010, 09:26 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I've heard that Hamtaro works well in a casual game with a 1,000 point army. Let me know if you ever try this out...
Old October 30th, 2010, 10:21 PM

Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
I've heard that Hamtaro works well in a casual game with a 1,000 point army. Let me know if you ever try this out...
I did happen to see him dominate it a 1000 point setting once. He was actually unreal. Somehow my uncle was able to convince us all that when his aura was in tact, the samurai would throw all 12 valkyrie dice for defense. That was probably the only time in the history of Heroscape that Hatamoto Toru took home the MVP award in a battle.

I encompass, and I eclipse.
Helm's Deep
My Maps
Embracing the Fun
Old October 30th, 2010, 10:51 PM
Fully Baked

krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker

If anyone is giving away hamtaros, send one my way, and maybe Laglor too while you're at it!
Just kidding. I know what ya mean. Flagbearers are hard to find and ultra-expensive. I've seen the others in action too, and it hurts knowing I may never afford them...

Sometimes, you just have to start over.
Old October 30th, 2010, 11:51 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Be patient and you can find one for less than $40. Its still a lot for a figure but the FBs were expensive to start with, $13 for one figure.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion