Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old June 27th, 2008, 03:04 PM

hex706f726368 has disabled reputation
Re: The Book of Wo-Sa-Ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
My only couple of WSG experiences have been very bad. One game, SuJoah completely wrecked her before she got to even think about eating a Nagrub. In the next game, Denrick and a squad of Knights killed her in one turn.

Now, I know that SuJoah + Spiders and Denrick + KoW aren't some of her best matchups, but it seems very easy to kill her with those 4-4 stats. Much easier than Kaemon Awa it seems. I blame this on 1) Range, 2) Counterstrike scaring people and 3) WSG is way scarier than Kaemon and she gets attacked a lot more.
We had the exact opposite experience in the Sujoah vs WSG match-up last weekend. On turn three, Sujoah reach WSG, put 3 wounds on her. WSG snacked a Nagrub, hit Sujoah hard, won initiative the next round, snacked again and finished killing Sujoah. Slithered away from the encounter with only 1 wound and 20pts lost (+165).

They are pretty close to 50/50 in the match-up calculator if I did it right. Usually whoever goes first, wins.

Huge thank you to these sponsors of the 2008 Arizona National Heroscape Day
Cavalier Games - House Mouse Games - War Gamers Headquarters - Vixen Tor Games - Wizards of the Coast
Old June 27th, 2008, 03:10 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hex706f726368 View Post
We had the exact opposite experience in the Sujoah vs WSG match-up last weekend. On turn three, Sujoah reach WSG, put 3 wounds on her. WSG snacked a Nagrub, hit Sujoah hard, won initiative the next round, snacked again and finished killing Sujoah. Slithered away from the encounter with only 1 wound and 20pts lost (+165).
I'm not sure where you're getting those numbers from. WSG is 135, putting her at about 34 points per wound. 2 snacked on Nagrubs is also another 20 points lost. So with WSG with 1 wound and a 2/3 depleted Nagrub squad, that's a loss of 54 out of 165 down to 111 points.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post...
Old June 27th, 2008, 03:18 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Wo-Sa-Ga had 1 wound on her after the fight, but he didn't consider any points lost because she was still alive. Each Nagrub is only 10 points, for a total of 20 lost. He killed Sujoah, though, so he ended up 165 points ahead of his opponent (+165).

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 27th, 2008, 03:45 PM

hex706f726368 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Wo-Sa-Ga had 1 wound on her after the fight, but he didn't consider any points lost because she was still alive. Each Nagrub is only 10 points, for a total of 20 lost. He killed Sujoah, though, so he ended up 165 points ahead of his opponent (+165).
Ah, thanks, Necro - I understand now; though, if you're going to discuss points for losing individual squaddies you'd need to include points lost for wounds, as well.
Necro figured my pseudo-math out. Sorry, I should've just said +155 I suppose (or nothing at all), because WSG snacked another grub the next turn.

Huge thank you to these sponsors of the 2008 Arizona National Heroscape Day
Cavalier Games - House Mouse Games - War Gamers Headquarters - Vixen Tor Games - Wizards of the Coast
Old June 27th, 2008, 04:14 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

While we're on the subject of Wo-Sa-Ga, I know I shouldn't be basing things off one experience, but Wo-Sa-Ga/Nagrubs probably beat the Groks/Ne-Gok-Sa, now that I think of it. The Nagrubs have a high enough attack to hit the Grok Riders, Ne-Gok-Sa will eventually lose to Wo-Sa-Ga, and the other Hivelords can serve as nice reinforcements.
As for Sujoah, using Sujoah against Wo-Sa-Ga seems kind of a waste to me. 4/4/4 defensive stats are easy enough to take down, so why risk Sujoah to Wo-Sa-Ga killing her (unless he's the only attacking unit you have)? I'd rather use something like Zetacron to take her down, to be honest.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old June 27th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
My poor Sujoah...never saw what hit him.
Whats funny is I had the exact opposite experience.
My opponent sent out Wu-Sa-Ga, I sent out Sujoah used poison sting, rolled a 20. Dead Hivelord!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old June 27th, 2008, 10:00 PM

Mindfreak is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by playa1 View Post
SHE has got to be the most attractive of all the Marro figures!
Wow, you have a pretty odd taste in women, my friend! Then again, between her and Kee-Mo-Shi, I'm not sure WHO I'd pick.
KMS all the way....
I mean Monstrous Giant Worm vs. Spider who smells kinda bad?
I probablly smell worse!
Old July 2nd, 2008, 08:06 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Three times now I've played with or against Wo-Sa-Ga and in all three instances she was destroyed by the second volley of attacks leveled at her.

I absolutely love the sculpt and the potential, but in practice you really have to slow play her to get to that crucial assassination. Still trying to make a way for those Hivelords to work...
Old July 2nd, 2008, 08:27 AM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Bring 2 hivelords and 3 squads of Nagrubs. That seems to be the right combination to me.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 12:33 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yup, she's a bit fragile and has a huge bullseye on her back. On the other hand, she's the cheapest bonding option for the Nagrubs and even with two squads of them leaves over 300 points to fill in a 500 point army. In other words, she might make for an excellent distraction. I could see her with Vipers, Ninjas, Kozuke - units that have punch but lack defense. Anyhoo - just an idea.

~Aldin, wondering if she looks like Nessie half-submerged

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old July 2nd, 2008, 12:41 PM

Wo-Sa-Ga 135
Finn 215
Thorgrim 295
MacDirk Warriors (x2) 455
Marrden Nagrubs (x2) 515

The MacDirks and their Champs rush in, and once dead, Vikings Spiritify WSG. She and her Marrdens run clean up. Possible range problematic.
Old July 15th, 2008, 02:37 PM

krazyassasin Woo who?

Wo-Sa-Ga is a great unit. My brother drafted him and killed Major Q10 in the first round

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units