Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old February 6th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Just poking my nose in. I probably won't get much testing in this week. Going to Vegas and all....
Your nose is important here...but, I guess it is okay if you have a good trip. <grin>
Old February 7th, 2007, 02:18 AM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker
Hey scapers,
Long time no see. I think I'll have to abstain judging for the next little while. I've been putting in some serious hours at work recently (80 hours last week :-/), and just haven't found time to make it to the site, let alone play Heroscape. It is my intention to resume judging before that time period specified in section 3-2-b in the bylaws (hopefully it wont be that long).

Don't read into this too much . I'm not leaving the forums, or quitting heroscape or anything, I just am just taking a break.

Have fun map judging! The sticky display thread looks awesome. Congrats to Molehills and Arctic Divide!

(btw, even though I'm not stopping by the site much, PMs still reach me through the wonders of email)

Ciao
Old February 7th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Revdyr wrote[/quote]On a more personal note, and this didn't really figure into my vote, I like all the hexes to rest on other hexes unless there is an intentional and usable overhang being created.[/quote]

Thank you for your critique. As for the overhangs, they were intentional, to slow down attackers if you were pushed back to your starting zone.
Old February 7th, 2007, 12:22 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Understood cornpuff, life happens!

Updating:

Ruins at Dhibah Oasis: YES = 1 ; NO = 1 ; Pending = 3 (1 judge on hiatus)

Forest Trails YES = 0; NO = 0; Pending = 5 (1 judge on hiatus)

(due to the 2 NO votes, Fire and Ice has been removed from the judging list since the maximum vote percentage it can receive is 60%)

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old February 7th, 2007, 02:30 PM

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by xraine69
Revdyr wrote
On a more personal note, and this didn't really figure into my vote, I like all the hexes to rest on other hexes unless there is an intentional and usable overhang being created.[/quote]

Thank you for your critique. As for the overhangs, they were intentional, to slow down attackers if you were pushed back to your starting zone.[/quote]

They do do that! We played again on your map last night (I did say it was fun) and I found myself standing in water and not able to climb air to get out the direction I wanted to go. Glad to know it was intentional. If the sides were just one hex wider and the glyph slid to the inside of the glaciers (next to the lava) I'd have to take another long and hard look at the map.
Old February 7th, 2007, 03:30 PM

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
I am not sure what you guys are referring to....but in the absence of a side hex to count, you still count as if there was one there....A one or two hex empty space under an overhang does not prevent a figure form counting the blank spots to move up. Empty space or air under a overhang doesnt stop the move up.

Maybe I am misunderstanding.

EDIT - Refer to Page 12 of 2nd Edition rules top of page, Moving up onto low overhangs: you count the nearby tiles to represent the one that isn't there. The overhangs on this map do nothing within the rules of this game.

Old February 7th, 2007, 05:55 PM

Thanks, Ry. We play so very seldom with low overhangs, that I had not digested that side move method.
Old February 7th, 2007, 08:36 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus Revisitus

Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean
Thank you for nominating a map, Braxev!

Update:

Updating then:

Ruins at Dhibah Oasis: YES = 1 ; NO = 1 ; Pending = 4

Fire and Ice: YES = 0; NO = 1; Pending = 5

Forest Trails YES = 0; NO = 0; Pending = 6

CornPuff? Riggler? Eclipse?
I've not had a chance to do any playtesting since these three have been nominated. I noticed Fire and Ice has failed the vote. I didn't get to play it. I don't have much time to play these days, as I'm still trying to find gainful employment. (I feel a little guilty playtesting Scape and not searchign for a job). And I have even less time to be online. Nonetheless I will get to playtesting the other two if they don't get voted down.

Can someone point me to a link on Forest Trails?

DUND is underestimated and under-rated.
Old February 7th, 2007, 09:10 PM

Braxev has disabled reputation
Certainly. Forest Trails

Old February 8th, 2007, 02:20 PM

ricksta2232 is surprisingly tart
Is there a way I could serve as a temporary judge on the panel while the other judge is on temporary hiatus?

(Not only would it give me an excuse to play heroscape more, I think map judging is awesome)

Also, I was wondering why it was limited to 6 judges, and not more like a supremely number of 9, or something like that...
Old February 8th, 2007, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksta2232
Is there a way I could serve as a temporary judge on the panel while the other judge is on temporary hiatus?

(Not only would it give me an excuse to play heroscape more, I think map judging is awesome)

Also, I was wondering why it was limited to 6 judges, and not more like a supremely number of 9, or something like that...
Our by-laws are specific in this realm. We have no provisions for fill in or temporary judges. If we deem that the hiatus of a judge is hampering the process, we have the ability to remove them from the judging committee based on lack of involvement.

With a 75% vote of the sitting judges we could make amendment to the by-laws to allow for fill-in judges. However, I don't currently see a need for this amendment to be made and/or voted on. We have had some deviation from the by-laws already and I am of the mindset that we try to make them work and adhere to them as they are now before we start changing them.

Your interest is encouraging but I don't feel another judge or fill in judge is necessary for the success of this effort.

As far as why we went with 6 judges, we deliberated at somewhat great length in another thread before we arrived at that number. You are welcome to read up if you feel so inclined to do so. LINK

Again, thank you for showing interest in this effort.

Old February 8th, 2007, 05:02 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus

UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksta2232

Our by-laws are specific in this realm. We have no provisions for fill in or temporary judges. If we deem that the hiatus of a judge is hampering the process, we have the ability to remove them from the judging committee based on lack of involvement.

With a 75% vote of the sitting judges we could make amendment to the by-laws to allow for fill-in judges. However, I don't currently see a need for this amendment to be made and/or voted on. We have had some deviation from the by-laws already and I am of the mindset that we try to make them work and adhere to them as they are now before we start changing them.

Your interest is encouraging but I don't feel another judge or fill in judge is necessary for the success of this effort.

As far as why we went with 6 judges, we deliberated at somewhat great length in another thread before we arrived at that number. You are welcome to read up if you feel so inclined to do so. LINK

Again, thank you for showing interest in this effort.
I would also say to go ahead and post your own critiques of the maps here anyway. While it may not count toward final counts for the Hall, it certainly will give us an idea for future nominations to the judging panel if the need should arise.

Plus, it is always a good thing to get other perspectives in the mix.

UPC's Heroscape Strategy Blog (and whatever else the Muse sends my way...)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios