Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old May 4th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Ultimate Upcoming HeroClix Info Thread - Updated 5/2/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
I think the people who would have the most recourse to sue are DC and comic companies - as the cards you are selling use their images and trademarked names without permission. Hasbro/WotC doesn't care although even if you don't put "Heroscape" anywhere on the card, as they have trademarked the card design so technically all customs on this site are a violation of their trademark, but the stance on customs since 2004 has been Laissez-faire. And WizKids doesn't care because you are just reselling their units individually, although maybe technically you can't resell without being a licensed reseller, but 90% of all eBay sellers violate that rule.
On paper, Hasbro has stated that they do not want anyone selling Heroscape customs, but in action, they ignore it, as it only helps to perpetuate their sells (or at least it did).
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
Might be best to just sell the figures with a note that these figures have excellent custom cards available for Heroscape here at Scapers. (Probably not really even cost effective to try to print and cut and produce the cards anyway...)
This is excellent advice.
Old May 4th, 2011, 02:00 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

However I think people are more likely to buy with cards already printed and would pay for the convenience - one of the reasons people like heroscape compared to other miniatures is you don't have to get the stats from the internet or some expensive book. Auggies is selling customs with cards printed along with many eBay sellers such as yodajunkiedesigns so I am not really worried about backlash from copyrightholders, it is more that I don't want backlash from the C3G creators. Although if C3G does not want me or anyone to sell C3G cards for fear of copyright issues, then I would not do it solely for sake of the C3G request.

Griffin and 1Mmirg I respect your opinion but if I am wondering is the suggesting not to sell cards is a recommendation, request, or command? I will use the Comic Custom (Heroclix, etc) Trade Thread and normal trade thread to see if I can sell them here first, but just wanted to know your official stance on selling C3G cards together with heroclix figures online.

Last edited by lefton4ya; May 4th, 2011 at 03:26 PM.
Old May 4th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: Ultimate Upcoming HeroClix Info Thread - Updated 5/4/11

I would recommend against it, personally, simply by virtue of the fact you're selling other people's ideas using other people's characters and other people's mechanics. I, personally, wouldn't be entirely comfortable with it, though I can't speak for anyone else.

Anyways, today we see some Green Lantern stuff! Hal Jordan, both as a LANTERN and as a PILOT. I'm sure someone can come up with some interesting ideas for a Civilian Hal, but... I'm not that person.
Old May 4th, 2011, 06:02 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
On paper, Hasbro has stated that they do not want anyone selling Heroscape customs...
I'm curious where you read this. All I've seen on the subject is this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro.com
Question

What are "Custom" Heroscape figures and terrain?

Answer

HEROSCAPE has a large fan base that enjoys creating custom additions to the established universe.

Custom additions are figures and terrain that are not created or distributed by Hasbro. We do not support or suggest using custom figures on our official HEROSCAPE battlefields, and we never include them in official scenarios and battlefields. Custom additions may not be copied from genuine Hasbro HEROSCAPE product.

The HEROSCAPE name can only be used to refer to genuine Hasbro HEROSCAPE product, it must be clear that any custom additions are not created by, distributed, or endorsed by Hasbro, and the following credit line must appear: "HEROSCAPE and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro. © 2006 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved."
Old May 4th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

First post updated with a few new pictures of Street Fighter sculpts - Zangief, Guile, Fei Long, Dhalsim, Blanka, alternate colors for Chun-Li, and an alternate sculpt for Ken.

I particularly like Fei Long's.
Old May 6th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Two more Lanterns today - KILOWOG and SALAAK. Ugly as sin Kilowog, but Salaak's sculpt isn't bad and he'd make for an interesting unit.

On top of that, I'm hearing rumors that the Gravity Feed is available at some stores - so if you're at Target or Walmart of whatever place might have them, be sure to check!

EDIT: And even more pressing... look at THIS! Superman poster! WHOO! Love the prison duds Lex.

You can also see...

Flash
Sun Boy
Matter-Eater Lad
Wildfire
Superman Robot
Superman from Batman Beyond (side of the yellow booster)

Last edited by johnny139; May 6th, 2011 at 02:58 PM.
Old May 6th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Ultimate Upcoming HeroClix Info Thread - Updated 5/6/11

Man I hope there are some great looking Superman sculpts in this set. Salaak looks great.
Old May 6th, 2011, 08:56 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I like that Kilowog, actually, and it'll probably be a lot cheaper than the current one, so I'm happy with that!

So far that's a good Superman sculpt, much better than that vomit-inducing one from 75th. Matter Eater Lad, hehe!
Old May 6th, 2011, 09:32 PM

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I'll probably try to pick up that Kilowog too. Last time I played, Moleman was Kilowog.
Old May 6th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Last time I played, Moleman was Kilowog.
No, No, No, use Abomination from the Marvel Master Set.
Old May 6th, 2011, 09:45 PM

Yeah, he'd probably work better. Moleman was at the top of the pile when I opened the box...and he's sort of green with an ugly face, so he works.
Old May 9th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Re: Ultimate Upcoming HeroClix Info Thread - Updated 5/9/11

Today there's GANTHET and BOODIKA. The latter looks absolutely TERRIBLE, but it's nice to have a cheap, non-Lantern Ganthet available for purchase.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations