Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old April 18th, 2007, 05:29 PM

ickleberry has disabled reputation
just got a new box

yay! still have to use the big suitcase for some stuff, but mostly, it all fits!
how do you guys package things? just want an idea.

proud to be a scaper
Old April 18th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: just got a new box

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickleberry
yay! still have to use the big suitcase for some stuff, but mostly, it all fits!
how do you guys package things? just want an idea.
storage of figures- safe methods

Hahn and Bunjee's Stanley vs. Plano Smackdown

Storing Figurines

Traveling with Hs

Browse those threads and you will find a wealth of information in regards to your query.

This one is very nice indeed: Netherspirit's labels for storage
Old April 18th, 2007, 05:53 PM

obi_JUAN has disabled reputation
Sssshhh!!! SSssshhh!!!! Let me say that for you guys... You have written those words a hundred times already. Here it goes:

On behalf of our spelling obsessed and previous threats forwarding community, let me reccommend you use the search option to get the answer to that question...

Aaaahh.... what a relief, I feel much better now!

I'm gonna Krug you!
Old April 18th, 2007, 05:55 PM

obi_JUAN has disabled reputation
Even though I ride a nice pod, I was the second person in answering to that... pity!

I'm gonna Krug you!
Old April 18th, 2007, 10:01 PM

haleon has disabled reputation
I have to ask...

Once we've discussed all possible topics, will we be locking the forum to new posts?

Just curious...

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand
- Kurt Vonnegut
Old April 18th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by haleon
I have to ask...

Once we've discussed all possible topics, will we be locking the forum to new posts?

Just curious...
*All sweet stuff*
Old April 19th, 2007, 01:23 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Quote:
I have to ask...

Just curious...
That would only happen if Truth and the Boys get incredibly shortsighted (like when the Patent Office got closed because everything had been invented). Threads are only getting locked if they are redundant. I whole-heartedly agree with the philosophy of keeping all the discussion in one place. That being said, break out the Master Lock.
Old April 19th, 2007, 03:41 PM

nbxfan has disabled reputation
Quote:
I have to ask...

Just curious...
I agree with IAMBatman. The person is obviously excited about there case, as I'd say most people just getting excited about getting new things. Also, just to point it out, the search function sucks. I've tried using it and it just doesn't do the job. I've made stupid threads myself even after trying to hunt things down to make sure i'm not repeating a thread only to be told within seconds that here is the thread that already exists. I'd say it takes more time to complain about a repeat thread than it does to ignore it and move on. Having belonged to gaiaonline.com, a forum dedicated to anime/gaming/writing/entertainment...i'd agree with repeat threads. They are a killer, there are too manyy threads on that particular site pertaining to the same thing, on this site that isn't really the case and, i'd have to say thus far everyone is pretty nice and supportive. I'd rather it kept going that way rather than arguing over wether there is a point to rehashing a thread to death.

As to the actual topic, I to was long curious as to what others did for there stuff. I ended up with a Plano case, a tackle box basically, from Sports Chalet that has thus far held one of every wave and large expanision figure. The top section has a pop up area with neat little sections that are separated so I have my regular die, 20 sided die, hit markers, and turn markers all separated with easy access to them. I am pretty much full now and will have to think what to do for further expansions. As to my multiple figures from having multiple master sets, they are in a shoe box and tucked away. For land and extra pieces I have two 60-quart tubs from target that I neatly stack everything into.

We're on the right trail. Flies and the undead go together like bullets and guns.
Old April 19th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbxfan
Also, just to point it out, the search function sucks. I've tried using it and it just doesn't do the job. I've made stupid threads myself even after trying to hunt things down to make sure i'm not repeating a thread only to be told within seconds that here is the thread that already exists. I'd say it takes more time to complain about a repeat thread than it does to ignore it and move on.
Its not okay to complain about multiple threads, but its okay to complain about all the complaining about multiple threads? To that end, what sparked all this in this thread? Where in Cavalier's post did he complain about the creation of this thread? He wasn't being rude, he merely pointed the original poster to some threads where he can see what others are doing for their storage, whats the problem?

All this complaining about people being too harsh when it comes to the search function is getting annoying...well crap, now I've gone and done it...I'm complaining about all the complaining about people complaining about people not searching. Next people will be complaining about me complaining about all the complaining thats going on about the complaining of people not searching...ugh...my head hurts...

As for the search function sucking? Have you read this thread: Its called How to Search Heroscapers.com http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=3093

It may help you with future searches.
Old April 19th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbxfan
Also, just to point it out, the search function sucks. I've tried using it and it just doesn't do the job. I've made stupid threads myself even after trying to hunt things down to make sure i'm not repeating a thread only to be told within seconds that here is the thread that already exists. I'd say it takes more time to complain about a repeat thread than it does to ignore it and move on.
Its not okay to complain about multiple threads, but its okay to complain about all the complaining about multiple threads? To that end, what sparked all this in this thread? Where in Cavalier's post did he complain about the creation of this thread? He wasn't being rude, he merely pointed the original poster to some threads where he can see what others are doing for their storage, whats the problem?

All this complaining about people being too harsh when it comes to the search function is getting annoying...well crap, now I've gone and done it...I'm complaining about all the complaining about people complaining about people not searching. Next people will be complaining about me complaining about all the complaining thats going on about the complaining of people not searching...ugh...my head hurts...

As for the search function sucking? Have you read this thread: Its called How to Search Heroscapers.com http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=3093

It may help you with future searches.
Thanks, nether. I was in no way trying to be rude; rather I was providing the original poster with an answer (several, in fact) to his question.

Now I will admit that I do have an issue with multiple threads about the same topic; it makes it very difficult to find what you are looking for (and reduces the functionality of the Search feature :P ). And I can tell you that I found those threads in less than 2 minutes, it doesn't take too much time look. But that is not the topic of this thread. (And I don't want to make nether's head hurt anymore than it does...he can get cranky )
Old April 19th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Cav, you were by no means rude; not at all.

And while the search function was non-functional until Xotli re-indexed it, it now works just fine. People do need to know how to use Boulean logic (searching with AND and NOT) but with that simple, most basic knowledge, the search function works just fine.
Old April 20th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Cavalier, you were a true gentleman in your kind and informative response.

You both answered the poster's question and provided a friendly tip on how to more efficiently utilize the search function for the future. I interpretted it as rather encouraging to the original poster.

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion