Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old October 14th, 2014, 01:45 PM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!
Re: 3 Player Games - Ethics?

I enjoy the table/trash talking that goes on in a 3 player game. One of my favorite aspects of Heroscape is that its played with an actual person, with people its even better.

If you are having a hard time finding a way to keep it fair, try the Quests of Heroscape method.
Old October 15th, 2014, 11:29 PM

weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby!

I have found 3 player free for all games to be fun as well. Capuan Arena is my favorit map for it. (just make the startzones for 3 players instead of 2. Each play has a startzone in front of them and one on the other side of the map.)
Old October 16th, 2014, 01:39 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
3 is Cute

I've played as many as 7 or 8 player FFA games. Of course, the natural evolution of these games caused alliances to be made and broken back and forth like a giant game of diplomacy. (Kato/Ashigaru and Viper builds were my favorite for this since I could cause a lot of damage early, die fast, and then wait out until the endgame when I had the best hero left on the board) Teams has also been done and it's certainly an interesting experience. I think players matter as much as anything else. With the right group of people it rarely turns into everyone ganging up on some guy.

~Dysole, who hasn't tried the kill the person on your right strategy but it sounds fun
Old October 16th, 2014, 02:04 PM

Not User Name knows what's in an order marker Not User Name knows what's in an order marker

The best part about three player games is making an even map. I always try to make my own map when it comes to three way games. I've learned that if you are getting teamed up, the best thing to do in a high point game is put Viking spirits on Marro Warriors. Two fronts of 3 attack 4 defense Warriors is pretty solid.
Old January 1st, 2015, 02:31 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

In my neck of the woods, 3 player games are the norm, we rarely play 1vs 1 games. 4 player free for all or 2vs 2 games are a luxury since my one brother is out on a mission for his church. I like the kill the player on your right technique, seems like that is the closest way to make it even. But really I don't care if I win. I just want to kill as many figures as I can, cause that is what is fun to me. I generally get ganged up on, due to the fact that I want as much blood as I can get. Also, when I build a map for a 3 free for all I center it with a 3 hex and make it symmetrical 3 ways branching out from that 3 hex. That keeps everyone spaced apart from each others startzones evenly. Thanks for the topic, It was a fun read.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 12th, 2015, 05:28 PM

Not User Name knows what's in an order marker Not User Name knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Also, when I build a map for a 3 free for all I center it with a 3 hex and make it symmetrical 3 ways branching out from that 3 hex. That keeps everyone spaced apart from each others startzones evenly. Thanks for the topic, It was a fun read.
You should try using a 7 hex circle thingy. It makes a great central point for a glyph or TJ tree.

I like to put the dead figures in three separate piles and count up the points to find a top performer. I prefer this because you can "lose the last one standing part of the game, but still "win" at the same time.
Old January 14th, 2015, 05:55 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

I'm someone who prefers all of the diplomacy that goes on. This also makes less competitive units somewhat more valuable as it adds the "I'm not a major threat here" tactic.

Works great. Especially with Nakitas. They die quickly in the beginning, but all it takes is a little diplomacy after some heavy losses, and everyone thinks you're not a threat. (I mean, generally most of the gorillas all go down in one or two special attacks) Then you can unleash the awesome late game power of tough and 3 attack at range when all the special attackers are dead.
Old January 14th, 2015, 10:28 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamissflash View Post
I'm someone who prefers all of the diplomacy that goes on. This also makes less competitive units somewhat more valuable as it adds the "I'm not a major threat here" tactic.

Works great. Especially with Nakitas. They die quickly in the beginning, but all it takes is a little diplomacy after some heavy losses, and everyone thinks you're not a threat. (I mean, generally most of the gorillas all go down in one or two special attacks) Then you can unleash the awesome late game power of tough and 3 attack at range when all the special attackers are dead.
Diplomacy makes 3-player games extremely special. When I use begging for "Don't kill me!" It's often because the third player started killing everything else. Diplomacy makes the game special.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old January 11th, 2015, 07:43 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I did a quick read of the thread, and I don't think this has been mentioned yet.. I think by far the fairest way is this:

Keep track of how many points you kill on the other two teams. Your final score is the lowest. So if you kill 350 on one team, 75 on the other, that 75 points is your score. It makes it's so that you have to focus on two different teams instead of the same one.

Unless your my brother. In which case, you will happily take the loss if it means wiping me from the board
Old January 11th, 2015, 08:18 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgsbane View Post
I did a quick read of the thread, and I don't think this has been mentioned yet.. I think by far the fairest way is this:

Keep track of how many points you kill on the other two teams. Your final score is the lowest. So if you kill 350 on one team, 75 on the other, that 75 points is your score. It makes it's so that you have to focus on two different teams instead of the same one.

Unless your my brother. In which case, you will happily take the loss if it means wiping me from the board
That sounds like a simple, yet genius idea. I like it a lot.

If you're not rolling for Stinger Drain, you're not living.
Old January 11th, 2015, 10:30 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

If I did that, my brother would take out me first, like always. Then my dad plods up to battle, and allies are made, then attacked. I don't find mcuh problems with any 3-player game ethics. It adds a whole new level of manipulation and strategy/diplomacy to it.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old January 12th, 2015, 10:47 AM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post
Quote:

If I did that, my brother would take out me first, like always. Then my dad plods up to battle, and allies are made, then attacked. I don't find mcuh problems with any 3-player game ethics. It adds a whole new level of manipulation and strategy/diplomacy to it.
Yep, same here. If someone tries pulling one of those "Please don't kill me, I only have two figures left!" stunts, this is what they're gonna hear:

(All in good fun, of course. )

True Valkyrie Generals never beg for mercy!

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles