Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old May 24th, 2010, 02:28 PM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Legoboy's You Predict the Winner- Now With Video Reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoboy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by noname View Post
If the stinger was able to see the rats tail, would that make them engaged, or no?
This is a good question. The Deathreaver on the road tile is engaged to the Stinger (same level adjacency- no brainer) but the Deathreaver on the other side of the Battlement is unengaged to the Stinger (see above discussion) therefore the Stinger is only allowed to shoot (sting?) the Deathreaver on the road tile. We messed up. Next time maybe one of us will be paying better attention.
Oh okay...but if that stinger wasn't in an engagement with the one next to him, could he have stung (lol) the rats tail? What if the stinger was some other figure with a range of one but still could see the rats tail - could it attack?
If the Stinger was not engaged to the figure on the road, he could blast away at any figure visible using the targeting sites of the Battlements. A figure with a range of one would only be able to attack a figure on the other side of the battlement whose height was 4 or more.

Check the FotA rulebook for the official explanation.
Old May 24th, 2010, 04:33 PM

ranoobu is surprisingly tart

Awesome battle!

Love watching them because some of us can't play!

Aeston's Before Heroscape - An interesting read for any Heroscape fan. I loved the final conclusion to the post as well lol

Good trades: SirGalahad
Old May 24th, 2010, 07:30 PM

Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderball68 View Post
Captain:
In part one around 3:57, you climbed over the battlement with the stinger. You counted out the move as if the battlement had a height of three. This is not so. From their outside edge, battlements have a height of four, which is equal to the Stinger's height of four. So he couldn't have gotten where he did. Legoboy did that with rats a few times too.

Great video anyway, though!
~WB68
Au contraire.

From page three of the FotA rulebook: "The height from the outside of a Battlement...is 3. (See figure 7) " Figure 7 shows an Izumi Samurai moving 1, 2, 3 spaces up the battlement and then 4 onto the space beyond. In the figure, the Samurai then takes his 5th and 6th step along the elevated terrain. Captain Canuck's Stinger therefore is allowed to move over the Battlement. As shown in the video Captain's Stinger moved forward on the road one space, counted 2,3 and 4 while climbing the Battlement then 5 as he landed on the space beyond.

The Deathreavers are allowed to climb over the Battlements due to their special ability "Climb x2- When moving up or down levels of terrain, Deathreavers may double their height." Therefore my Deathreavers, and any others as mine aren't all that special, can climb up or down 5 levels safely.

We appreciate your watching the videos. I am surprised how much attention some of you are paying to them. Keep coming back for future games.
Wow, you're right! I was sure they had a height of four...I was counting the notches on the edge of the battlements, and there are four notches. And I would have checked the rulebook but I lost mine.

And yes, even if the it was four levels high the rat could have gone over it, but it would have taken another move to do so.
Old May 26th, 2010, 10:08 AM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!
Cool Re: Legoboy's You Predict the Winner- Now With Video Reports

Yay!!! I just had my birthday and Mrs. Legoboy came through with all the D1 stuff I had wanted (3 sets of commons/uncommons, 1 set of uniques). With that exciting news Captain and I decided to abandon the armies that we were building and make armies consisting of at least 250 points of D&D figs. We ended up going with 510 point armies just because we wanted to. We will play our battle on Underground Iceways by Mmirg.

And here are our chosen armies.

Legoboy's Army
Greater Ice Elemental
Wyvern
Fire Elemental x2
Phantom Knights x3

Captain Canuck's Army
Mogrimm Forgehammer
Pelloth
Sharwin Wildborn
Guilty McCreech
Isamu
Deepwyrm Drow x2

Ok folks. Speculate.
Old May 26th, 2010, 10:22 AM

Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness

1-1

hmmm...I'm going to go with Legoboy on this one. Having 3 sets of any common is quite good. I'm not sure what the fire elementals are going to do, but at least he'll have decent board control between the ghosts and wyvern. The ice elemental will be great cleanup on this map.

Old May 26th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Yay!!! I just had my birthday and Mrs. Legoboy came through with all the D1 stuff I had wanted (3 sets of commons/uncommons, 1 set of uniques).
Legoboy's Army
Greater Ice Elemental
Wyvern
Fire Elemental x2
Phantom Knights x3

Captain Canuck's Army
Mogrimm Forgehammer
Pelloth
Sharwin Wildborn
Guilty McCreech
Isamu
Deepwyrm Drow x2

Ok folks. Speculate.
About time you guys got some D1 I'm going with the Captain on this one. Fire Elementals are great, but they die too quickly and you only get one melee attack per turn. For the points I think a 4th squad of Phantom Knights would be better.
Old May 26th, 2010, 01:28 PM

ranoobu is surprisingly tart

Happy Birthday Legoboy : )

Aeston's Before Heroscape - An interesting read for any Heroscape fan. I loved the final conclusion to the post as well lol

Good trades: SirGalahad
Old May 26th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

I'm going with Legoboy, since it's his birthday.

MegaSilver
Old May 26th, 2010, 02:28 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'll go with Canuck. For one thing, Arcane Bolt and Lolth's Wrath(If you use it) negates Intangibility(as I recall). For another thing, Mogrimm is awesome, and Commander's Strike also busts through Intangibility. Finally, he has Isamu. Enough said.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old May 26th, 2010, 03:17 PM
<>character<>

LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Legoboy

Old May 26th, 2010, 04:36 PM

Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker

I'm going with Legoboy on this one...even though the Captain has special attacks to bypass the PKs insubstantial-ness, I think OMs will be a lot to manage for him. He has six cards and none of them bond.

And hooray for dungeons! and Legoboy's birthday!
Old May 26th, 2010, 04:50 PM

Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker

2-1 +1

Legoboy

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports