Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old May 12th, 2008, 09:40 AM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!
The Results of the New Card Previews

It's been a long time since we had anything new, Scape-wise. And now, one month from tomorrow, we'll have dozens of new figures to play with. Building up to that, for the last two weeks, WotC (through Truth) have been releasing previews of the upcoming cards on the Home page. While many of us have celebrated these previews, there are some who have complained, wanting surprises, or at least a slower reveal.

So what are the actual results of these new card previews? I'll explain what it's meant to me and then let others respond, as well (like I could stop you, right?).

Since it's been almost a year without new Heroscape product (or at least feels like a year), I'll admit that my Scape playing has fallen off gradually but steadily. In fact, outside of a quick tourney with the Houston guys (and guests!) a few weeks ago, I haven't played hardly any Heroscape at all in the past two-three months (blasphemy, I know!). Instead, I've found myself getting more involved in other games, such as Descent. I just haven't felt much desire to play Heroscape in some time. It's not that I don't like it anymore; it's just that I haven't had the desire. I know I'm not entirely alone in this. For example, if you check the last few months of postings in the Houston thread, you'll find us scheduling game days to play... almost everything EXCEPT Heroscape.

But things have changed in the last two weeks. I'm hyped. I'm excited. I want to play Heroscape. And why?

Because of the previews.

Reading these cards, seeing the new mechanics, speculating about combinations, etc., has all helped reignite my interest in Heroscape.

Saturday, I went out and tracked down another booster of Ashigaru.

I've placed a large preorder with HouseMouse and every day I'm tempted to expand it. Once we see the cards for the Marro Cavalry and Redcoats, I may not be able to resist anymore.

I've got a big game day coming up next Saturday. It was going to be almost all Descent. Now I'm definitely going to set up Heroscape.

All of this... because of the previews.

With me, they've definitely accomplished their purpose. How about the rest of you?
Old May 12th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Results of the New Card Previews

You're a sick individual Finrod!...

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old May 12th, 2008, 10:05 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Certainly my scapers usage has gone up since the site update and all the new releases.
Old May 12th, 2008, 10:44 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I wouldn't begrudge a surprise or two for the official release, but I'm very much enjoying the previews. Never mind purchasing Wave 8, all this anticipation is causing me to buy just about anything I see on the shelf. It's sick really.

-insert signature here-
Old May 12th, 2008, 10:49 AM

Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
I wouldn't begrudge a surprise or two for the official release, but I'm very much enjoying the previews. Never mind purchasing Wave 8, all this anticipation is causing me to buy just about anything I see on the shelf. It's sick really.
Exactly how I feel and to the same effect. I had to buy a couple packages of Rats and WoA with the elves that are coming out...
Old May 12th, 2008, 10:53 AM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!

I should also add that I'm spending more time at Heroscapers.com and less at other gaming websites (like BGG).

And I'm checking the home page far more often than EVER.

So when's the next preview?
Old May 12th, 2008, 10:59 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

<nyys checks home page, refreshes screen, refreshes screen, refreshes screen, refreshes screen, refreshes screen, refreshes screen, refreshes screen, refreshes screen...>

-insert signature here-
Old May 12th, 2008, 10:59 AM

waffenIG14 *glass shatters*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrod View Post
It's been a long time since we had anything new, Scape-wise. And now, one month from tomorrow, we'll have dozens of new figures to play with. Building up to that, for the last two weeks, WotC (through Truth) have been releasing previews of the upcoming cards on the Home page. While many of us have celebrated these previews, there are some who have complained, wanting surprises, or at least a slower reveal.

So what are the actual results of these new card previews? I'll explain what it's meant to me and then let others respond, as well (like I could stop you, right?).

Since it's been almost a year without new Heroscape product (or at least feels like a year), I'll admit that my Scape playing has fallen off gradually but steadily. In fact, outside of a quick tourney with the Houston guys (and guests!) a few weeks ago, I haven't played hardly any Heroscape at all in the past two-three months (blasphemy, I know!). Instead, I've found myself getting more involved in other games, such as Descent. I just haven't felt much desire to play Heroscape in some time. It's not that I don't like it anymore; it's just that I haven't had the desire. I know I'm not entirely alone in this. For example, if you check the last few months of postings in the Houston thread, you'll find us scheduling game days to play... almost everything EXCEPT Heroscape.

But things have changed in the last two weeks. I'm hyped. I'm excited. I want to play Heroscape. And why?

Because of the previews.

Reading these cards, seeing the new mechanics, speculating about combinations, etc., has all helped reignite my interest in Heroscape.

Saturday, I went out and tracked down another booster of Ashigaru.

I've placed a large preorder with HouseMouse and every day I'm tempted to expand it. Once we see the cards for the Marro Cavalry and Redcoats, I may not be able to resist anymore.

I've got a big game day coming up next Saturday. It was going to be almost all Descent. Now I'm definitely going to set up Heroscape.

All of this... because of the previews.

With me, they've definitely accomplished their purpose. How about the rest of you?
I did the same thing on Saturday, except they were my first pack of them.

Gamertag: Lightningwar14
In the midst of genetically engineered super-beings, alien killing machines, warrior mystics, and technology, the Imperial Guard are mere soldiers.
Old May 12th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Well said, Finrod! It's reignited my passion as well, and caused me to be (for the first time in a while) more interested in "classic" scape than Marvelscape. I also picked up a second pack of ashigaru and a second pack of templars to go with Dupis. Not to mention, I fall to sleep at night building elf wizard armies in my mind ...

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 12th, 2008, 11:46 AM

Rifier_Ace is surprisingly tart

Like you, these card previews are really getting me excited for wave 8. A friend and I have placed a large order to HouseMouse and like you I may expand it pending on new previews.
Unlike you though I am sickly obsessed with HS and I have been playing just as much this last year as ever.
Old May 12th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

I love the previews; I'm extremely excited for the release of new product.

...but...

I do not understand losing interest when there is no new product.

I love the discussion level that surronds the release of new product.

...but...

I do not understand losing interest in a great community between releases.

As of wave 7 there is more product than can be played in any one game. I refuse to believe that many people here have played with every comination currently available. Why, then, should dry spells decrease excitemet for an amazing game system? Why is new product required to rediscover this game over and over again?
Old May 12th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

For me, honestly, it's just an overall lack of people to play with. When I'm not using the product, and there's no new product to discover, it limits my interest in discussing the game as a whole.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion