Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs
Dungeons & Dragons Customs Hey the title says it all

Old January 2nd, 2011, 12:16 AM

ReyRoberto is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Valkrill's Justice D4 - full wave with pics

These bad boys are amazing! I'm gonna have to go hunt down some of those figures you used to make the titans.

The night is darkest just before the dawn.
Old January 2nd, 2011, 12:23 AM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Prometheus- very good catch, totally under my radar.

Rey- I warn you, Earth Titan is not hard to debase, but the other three Titan are absolute hell, very easy to ruin Death or Storm's bases. Fire Titan and Storm Titan each took HUGE spans of time to debase. But the result is great!
Old January 2nd, 2011, 01:32 AM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

No squads I see? Great job! And how is the worm like Nilfheim? Nilfheim does not deny adjacency for most figures.

My customs HERE.
With Two Es

Last edited by MrWookiee; January 2nd, 2011 at 01:38 AM.
Old January 2nd, 2011, 01:47 AM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Nor does Remorhaz, but like Nif he makes certain figures need to move somewhat to fit. And I was more inspired to crank out heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
Great stuff, chaos. LOVE Warrior Dismount. If I ever get my hands on that great sculpt, that ability is going on the card.

Have you playtested the Bloodrager Troll yet? Seems like a couple of ranged squads would rip through a few of them. I'd worry about that 1 Defense, but then I obviously haven't tried him.

As for the Warforged (Fighter?), I can't wait to see what you do with him. I haven't found him for a decent price. I made a custom for the Warforged Bodyguard, though- check him out at the link in my sig if you get the chance. Let me know what you think.

Thanks for sharing, man.

~Spite
Warrior dismount was something I knew I would include on the cavalry, and I think it came out well too! Sculpt is cheap on auggies I believe, as that is where I got every single one of these, for 70ish bucks, as well as a few I am not using yet.

Bloodrager is not the strongest unit at all, definetley leaning towards underpowered status. Perhaps some playtesting will warrant an upgrade of some sort to make him more effective while being unique from the Feral Troll.

Check Auggie's for the Warforged, their price for him was rather fair as well. I did not make him a outstanding Hero, but more of an integral part of the Warforged Army. I'll be sure to check out your bodyguard btw!

Edit: After tonight's playesting a few things were established.

Warforged Champion- Very fair unit, requires thought in OM placement and is not useless alone, but is enchanced by other Warforged.

Sir Payne- Very fun guy who fits right in with the KOW as a tank who requires thought to positioning. Being slightly cheaper may be needed to make him viable, was facing down the warforged who were able to disrupt his formation, but he still did well.

Spectral Lion- Got utterly crushed by Storm Titan who capitalized and got first strike- regardless he certainly appears to be a fair stealth striker unit, who consistently does damage each turn.

Storm Titan- Broken. His ability to maneuver any and all small/medium units in the area makes him too versatile, as well as having huge life with good range to escape harm. We established that limiting the units he could move to 3, lowering range as well as life would make him far more manageable.

Thundetusk Cavalry- A lot of fun, he had a good game but rolls were on fire, needs another few playests to determine if charge or his defense needs a nerf.

Last edited by chaoserver; January 2nd, 2011 at 04:40 AM.
Old January 4th, 2011, 12:45 PM

Further playesting has resulted in the slight Nerf of Death Titans healing capacity(who faced Venocs, possibly one of the better fights for him, though he fell due to another players intervention), the buff of Bloodrager Troll(fought stingers, a horrible fight for him, did nothing, and whiffed on his final attack), and the establishment that Spectral Lion(with a typo fixed)is fair, as is the Fire Titan, who truly needs to strike wisely to thrive, and of course be manuevered from your start zone to not cook your own troops Remorhaz, though a unit I am sure the design team would not have made, thus far appears to be fair, and in a funny event, ate a players Runa, only to have Remorhaz be mindshackled by that player who fought with it until it died and their Runa returned. We were worries Remorhaz might become a cheese-fest, where he could move hero to hero effortlessly, however, unless the hero is extremely hurt, the digestion process takes many rounds(only one wound being inflicted by it in this game), a full health hero probably could last 8 rounds inside, or more.

Posting the edited versions as well as the last few additions to this wave! Feel free to post your own playests of these units too, no test would go unnoticed.
Old January 12th, 2011, 07:26 PM

Ok the set is officially done. I cut a few units who may appear in the next wave I make! I intend to do quite a few more. Any playtesters of these units please post reports!

The Dracolich is meant to be Valkrill's dragon for the time being and I rather enjoy how he works with Scion/zombies! The Clerics may or may not be overpowered but I like the feel of them both.
Old January 13th, 2011, 06:40 PM

gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby!

Chaoserver all of them are incredible. Do you know what D&D series each of the figures came out with? I plan to go to the local hobby store and look for them so that my sons and I can play test them. It would be easier for me to find if I can give the store the exact name and series they came from. If you don't know that's alright I will show the cards to the store owner and see if he knows.
Old January 13th, 2011, 07:31 PM

I am afraid I do not know specifically, as I do not follow d&D, just appreciate the figures.

The names to nearly all of my cards are the same as the actual figure- To help you let me refer you to auggies, where I bought each and every one of them. Check out the different d&d series on the side bar and scroll through to see these. Legendary evils and blood war contain a few but many are spread throughout. Hope this helps. If you can't find them locally auggies is rather fair considering the size/quality of most of these units. Enjoy!

Auggies: http://store02.prostores.com/servlet...ry=D%26D+minis

Last edited by chaoserver; January 13th, 2011 at 07:47 PM.
Old January 13th, 2011, 08:01 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

I find it hilarious that you misspell defense even though it is right there in capitals on the card. Some of your wording is off, but great job. Why don't you make any squads? No wave is complete without squads. Since D&D doesn't have squads, just take some similar figures or the same figure and make a squad from them.

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old January 13th, 2011, 08:04 PM

Which cards did I mispell? I did most of these late. If the cards are good I don't mind the grammer, as I can just fix that right up. And squads are a nightmare to make, as I am not a fan of using x3 of the same fig.
Old January 13th, 2011, 08:08 PM

Karsite Fighter and Fettered Dracolich. None of the wording is game changing, but check this out for all wording fixes.

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old January 14th, 2011, 01:04 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoserver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookiee View Post
how is the worm like Nilfheim? Nilfheim does not deny adjacency for most figures.
Nor does Remorhaz, but like Nif he makes certain figures need to move somewhat to fit.
While Nilfheim's wings are quite large and can make placing Nilfheim himself or adjacent large/huge figures difficult, I have never had any difficulty whatsoever placing a small or medium figure in any empty space adjacent to a legally positioned Nilfheim.

From the picture you posted it is quite clear that no figure can be legally placed on the Remorhaz's left flank. Unless you have re-done this figure since then, there is no equivalence here between Nilfheim and the Remorhaz.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs