Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs
Dungeons & Dragons Customs Hey the title says it all

Old January 9th, 2010, 10:51 PM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker
Re: Future D&D Squad Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
Not much is rumored for the next D&D set yet, but
Any idea what kind of format change? I'm curious if it's the sort of thing that would make them more compatible with Heroscape or not.
I have no idea.
Old January 12th, 2010, 09:43 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Love the centaurs and the minotaurs. I think a Greek Mythology themed large expansion would be cool. D&D has some nice satyr archers, though there's only a single sculpt. Not sure what else they have that would fall into that category. You could have some really cool scenery to go with it, and imagine the glyphs: Pandora's Box, the Golden Fleece...
Old January 12th, 2010, 11:46 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

That's a great idea!
Old January 13th, 2010, 03:58 PM

darius23__14 knows what's in an order marker darius23__14 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoFury View Post

That' just my impression of things. The DnD hate isnt necessarily hate, either. I was extremely critical in the beginning, and am still wary. I'll be honst, I don't like the majority of DnD figures, or the DnD-based plot, but the developers are doing cool things with it. We just have to take it as it comes. I'd rather see many Uncommon Heroes, and few DnD squads. But that's just me.

I totally agree with you about the whole D&D mix I still don't like it I have never played D&D so I don't know the lore but some of those customs already exist under another name in Heroscape such as the gnoll (nubian werewolves) the Yuan-ti (Venoc Vipers)... and personally I think the skeletons are pointless... I also always thought that Minautors would be a common hero... I don't get why everybody has to go and change everything and add stuff with new D&D names if Heroscape names already exist... and the Kruthik (I think thats how their name is spelt) look like they would make an awesome marro addition with a MARRO name... and what about new Orcs? and i don't mean half-orcs or whatever D&D has. And I agree with ProtoFury that the D&D sculptures are questionable... but this is all my opinion...
Old January 13th, 2010, 04:09 PM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossman View Post
Love the centaurs and the minotaurs. I think a Greek Mythology themed large expansion would be cool. D&D has some nice satyr archers, though there's only a single sculpt. Not sure what else they have that would fall into that category. You could have some really cool scenery to go with it, and imagine the glyphs: Pandora's Box, the Golden Fleece...
Don't the cyclops. The are three different cyclops scupts from recent D&D sets. They could be the first large squad that didn't have mounted units.
Old January 13th, 2010, 06:00 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Cyclops would be a nice addition.
Old January 13th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by darius23__14 View Post
I totally agree with you about the whole D&D mix I still don't like it I have never played D&D so I don't know the lore but some of those customs already exist under another name in Heroscape such as the gnoll (nubian werewolves) the Yuan-ti (Venoc Vipers)...

Anubian wolves are nothing like Gnolls. If you're going to say that they're something that already exists at least go for something close, like maybe werewolves. Gnolls are hyena-men that live in a semi-tribal hunter-gatherer society whereas Anubian Wolves are little more than frenzied devourers.

The Yaun-Ti are some of the most intelligent, evil, sadistic bastards in the DnD universe to say that they're just Venoc Vipers with another name shows a complete ignorance of both backgrounds. The Venoc Vipers posess a rudimentery inteligence at best, and really are little more than animals (well, inteligent animals, like the great apes or octopi).

Quote:
I don't get why everybody has to go and change everything and add stuff with new D&D names if Heroscape names already exist... and the Kruthik (I think thats how their name is spelt) look like they would make an awesome marro addition with a MARRO name...
But they're not Marro, you're basically advocating the exact same thing you're admonishing in the previous quote.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old January 13th, 2010, 07:06 PM

Armydillo978 is surprisingly tart

Wriggz, do you have to recall what that last wraith is called, the one that looks like a dark rider.

Thank for the link to DDM..they have nice pics of the minis for the Savage Encounter line...real nice. Love those goblins.

Bill
----------------
What would Zim do?

What would Rasczak say?
Old January 13th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armydillo978 View Post
Wriggz, do you have to recall what that last wraith is called, the one that looks like a dark rider.

Thank for the link to DDM..they have nice pics of the minis for the Savage Encounter line...real nice. Love those goblins.
It's from night-below. I think it is called a dread wraith.

Personally I didn't even know D&D minis existed until this site posted they were being reused for scape. Since them I have ordered a bunch and created my own figures. See my D&D customs for thier cards (My Warforged Wizard is especially cool).

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old January 13th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think you left out on of the best squad possibilities of all

The Brute Squad!!

Don't forget who else is also a troll

Last edited by Darkmage7a; January 13th, 2010 at 08:11 PM.
Old January 13th, 2010, 08:18 PM

Armydillo978 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armydillo978 View Post

It's from night-below. I think it is called a dread wraith.
That's it. Just saw the pic on that website that was pointed out.
http://www.ddmspoilers.com/nb_stats.php

Most excellent. Pair them up with the Shades of Bleakewoode....wonder how the scale is for those two together.

Rep to you.

Bill
----------------
What would Zim do?

What would Rasczak say?
Old January 15th, 2010, 10:21 AM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

What about a Goblin squad? The newest expansion has a couple that would work great. These are all from the most recent expansion that the other figures in the Master set have come from.

Goblin Runner 21/60 C Against the Giants

Lolthbound Goblin 13/60 C Demonweb (I don't know if this guy would work since he has purple skin instead of green)

Goblin Cutter Legendary Evils

Irontooth Legendary Evils

Goblin Skullcleaver Savage Encounters

Goblin Wolfrider (This guy could be the hero that bonds to the squad)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs