Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old August 20th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Thank You

I want to thank quite a few people for everything this last weekend.

Thanks to:

R˙chean - You are the man!! I have a total new respect for everything you have put into doing this in the past. It is by no means an easy thing to do.

Prizes -
Auggies - Thanks for the prize support. It's awesome to know that even though they may have tried to cancel HeroScape, we have guys like you who aren't letting it die.

cbs42 - Chris cut the dice and made the General War plaques. He did an awesome job!

Pitboss (and crew) - They did all the awesome looking dice towers!!

Jexik (truth) - Agent Skahens

R˙chean (wotc) - All the heroscape swag

Dice Painters -
Raider30, Shockma Ranyk, JUSTchris, Tiny Timy, Jim, R˙chean, Bloody Baroness, Chaoschild - All the dice looked great. Thanks to Chaoschild for getting them altogether and getting them ready to go as well.

GMs -
Ryan, Jim, Megasilver, Eternal Thanos, fomox, Raider30, JUSTchris, Tiny Timmy, Lonewolf, Scaper Dude, Worldsenemy, Retlaw, Omahavice, Stubobj

Terrain -
Retlaw - This guy stores all the terrain for us every year and lugs it around for us.

The map setter uppers -
Megasilver, Necroblade, Decietful Beauty, Raider30, JUSTchris, fomox, Scaper Dude, Lonewolf, Worldsenemy, Eternal Thanos, Retlaw - Nothing like sorting and putting together 32 maps w/o air conditioning to start the Con off...

Worldsenemy - For just being able to run to the local Wal-Mart if we needed anything.

The following guys did tons of leg work up front to help everything run smoothly. I could have never done it without them:
Lonewolf, fomox, Raider30, Tiny Timmy. Those 4 really helped with all the details of well pretty much everything.

Lastly I'd like to thank all the heroscapers who came out to play. Without you guys this would have all been for nothing. I love playing and hanging out with you guys. We have the best fans!

I'd also like to say thanks to everybody for being patient with us. I'm sure there were times where things were a bit frustrating. The computer program didn't seem to like many people. Some of it was data entry, some of it was the program itself, and some of it was people not informing the GMs of them dropping, switching maps, etc. I also had to make some calls as TD which may have made me unpopular at the time, but just so everybody knows it's about keeping things running as smoothly as possible.

Once again thanks to all!!

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; August 21st, 2012 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Girltrainchoochoo can't count...
Old August 20th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Thank You

Thanks for running GenCon 2012 Matthias! You did a great job! And thanks for letting me be a GM as well. I'll have to say sorry for the mess-ups that happened under my belt. The computer decided to act up while it was under my mantle. And I messed up once by putting in the wrong winner. Thanks to Tiny Timmy for fixing it. (The errors happened to him too, so it's not entirely my fault either. )

I cannot wait for next year!
Old August 20th, 2012, 09:11 PM

jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker

I didn't get a chance to say goodbye and thank you for all the work, looking forward to next year! THANK YOU! Great job to everyone for putting it together.
Old August 21st, 2012, 12:44 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Thank yous are always in order after the Con..... I know retlaw has a picture thread going. I was hoping we might get some more people to post up their pics, too??? (I want to see more!!)

I want to thank Matthias Maccabeus, Tiny Timmy and the entire Nebraska crew as well as all the GMs and volunteers for picking up the torch and making the events a continued success. I know lonewolf was a little more involved this time around as well. From where I sit, it looked like pretty smooth sailing. Great job guys!!!!

I know I have thanked retlaw every year and already this year in other threads but it is truly an invaluable service that he does for this community's annual GenCon events. Thanks Walt!!!

I also wanted to thank the following people for their role in making the GenCon dice happen again this year: cbs42, InfinityMax, Raider30, JUSTchris, Tiny Timmy, Shockma Ranyk, Matthias Maccabeus, Jim, Chaoschild, & BloodyBaroness. It was tight and it almost didn't happen at all so it was nice that the community pulled together (as we always do) to get it done. I trust they were well received?? (again pics please!!) I feel strongly that we will be able to do dice for years to come.

Also more props to cbs42 for the General Wars plaques ....Some one please post some pictures of them!!!!

Last but not least...I want to thank all the participants that continue to spend their time and money coming out to our GenCon events. Without the participants, we got nothing.

...and congrats to Mattsertruckrally on his third Main Event Championship. The event is 7 years old and there are still only 3 players in all of scapedom to win the thing.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; August 21st, 2012 at 12:45 AM. Reason: already looking forward to next year to get back...I missed you guys!!!
Old August 21st, 2012, 01:04 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Big thanks to everyone; thanks to the gms, old great friends, new friends and players, my opponents, the winners, and all heroscapers who showed. My dad and I had so much fun and are definitely back into the game, next year we'll show up with some practice. . Thanks for making another year possible guys, and I'll see ya next GenCon! (my dad too, he can make it again next year )

Working on the videos tomorrow!

Edit: we missed you too R˙chean!
Old August 21st, 2012, 01:10 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Yeah, the dice, and those General Wars plaques, were both awesome.

The new guys did a great job running things. Some really cool innovations, too, like the team tournament and the kids tournament, that I expect will be staples for years.

Thanks to everyone for making the experience so great.
Old August 21st, 2012, 05:32 PM

worldsenemy knows what's in an order marker worldsenemy knows what's in an order marker

Thanks to Eternalthanos for reminding me how to print out those darn standings. Thanks to Retlaw for helping me and Chris Saturday night as well.
Thanks to all who played the General Wars tournament. Everyone was cool about the time limits and no one got upset about anything (that I know of anyway)
Thanks to fomox and raider30 for hanging out and making things easier. Thanks to all the other GM's as well, everyone kicked butt from what I saw.
Last but not least, thanks to Matthais for doing an amazing job leading, and for giving me another year to help out.
See you all next year (or sooner if you're near the Indy area)

I'm just sayin.
Old August 21st, 2012, 05:51 PM

nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks so much guys, had lots of fun. Looking forward to next year.

Want to Re-base Your DnD Figures? Click here.
Old August 21st, 2012, 06:06 PM
Scapecon 2021 Main Event Champion

Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker

Thanks to everyone who helped to make GenCon possible! I hope we all can do it again next year!

Don't cry because the tournament is over, smile because it happened
Old August 21st, 2012, 06:09 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thank you Matthias and crew - it sounds like everyone enjoyed the events. I hope to be there next year!
Old August 21st, 2012, 06:34 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

I am still basking in the awesomeness of the dice! Thanks to all for throwing together such a fun event.
Old August 21st, 2012, 09:44 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

MM and crew did a great job running it. No one could every replace R˙chean, but MM and crew did job carrying the tradition of excellence he created. Congrat to all involved in this year's gencon events -- planners, organizers, set up, game masters, players, etc. GREAT JOB!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con