Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales
Sightings and Sales Forum for posting wave sightings and information about Heroscape sales.

Old September 19th, 2006, 08:12 AM

Jacks_lament has disabled reputation
Is Wal-mart phasing out Heroscape?

Made two calls this morning to different Wal-marts and was told by one that they are going to stop carrying HS and the other said they would not be getting anymore castle sets. That the castles were unreplenishable. Anyone heard likewise?

"Swords are stupid!" -Major Q9
Old September 19th, 2006, 08:16 AM

DarkSpade Woo who?
Wal-mart always craming in heroscape one month, and putting it on clearence the next. There doesn't even seem to be a pattern to it anymore.

"Y'know, I sort of assumed this hero of destiny thing would involve a lot less devastation in our wake."
Links to terrain making guides
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...c.php?p=280715
Old September 19th, 2006, 08:41 AM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun
The Plainfield, IN Walmart just got in a bunch of wave 5 this past week and has plenty of shelf space dedicated to HS - MS, large hero/terrain, castle (although they don't have any in stock), and small expansion sets (even have some on the "ask for help in getting this" top shelf). But the Walmart in Avon, IN may only have the MS and space for one set of expansions

BTW, your location says "the circle city" -- are you from Indy?

I think this is more store by store and month to month -- I remember last Christmas the Plainfield Walmart only had EOV master sets, but the Target and Meijer had MS and all the expansions (except MP).
Old September 19th, 2006, 08:59 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Jack only posts when he's on the hunt for new stuff. :P Ya he's a southside Indy dude.

I bet once teh WW finish their Christmas toy area reset you swill see plenty of stuff on the shelf.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old September 19th, 2006, 09:07 AM

RichardD has disabled reputation
Let me get this straight - they take pretty much the whole allocation of Castle sets, sell out in lots of places in about a month flat, and might be considering dropping the line completely? Sure.

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Old September 19th, 2006, 09:13 AM

huskers has disabled reputation
Another indy guy here. I tried buying the castle set at the greenfield, lawrence, south emerson and 86th stores. All stated non replenishable, couldn't order them if they wanted to. They said the warehouse might just automatically send them to the stores. I called up the district manager and they are having two sent to me from another store in indiana. All the stores mentioned above showed they had the castles in stock when viewed from a different stores computers.
Old September 19th, 2006, 10:46 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Mine is. They didn't have any small expansions left, only one Master set, and RttFF. They didn't even have spaces for the others!

And that's the only place I can find them...
Old September 19th, 2006, 10:46 AM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!
Some Wal-Mart stores apparently have more leeway than others in what they do. I'm not sure if this a franchise/corporate thing or what. But for example, some people post on here regularly about finding tremendous discounts on HS stuff. But none of the multitude of Wal-marts in my area have ever discounted ANYTHING HS.

Then there's always the possibility that the person you talked to on the phone was an ignorant jerk. I had that happen with my local TRU. A person on the phone wouldn't listen to me, kept interrupting and insisted, "I don't carry ANY Heroscape expansions here." I walked into the store later that day and they were all over the shelf.
Old September 19th, 2006, 11:48 AM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
I got my Castle on the monday they were released. I was in that same walmart on sunday and they no longer had a spot for castles.
Old September 19th, 2006, 12:52 PM

yanks114kd is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
That is the same thing my Wal-mart to me. That the castles were unreplenishable. But the toy manager said that it doesn't mean they won't get more in like 3 or 4 months. Just none right now.

14MS-15RTTFF-6VW-5TT-6-FOTA-6SOTM-3TJ
1-MARVEL-3-D&D
Old September 19th, 2006, 01:06 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
No way is Wal-Mart phasing out HS. Maybe some stores will get less than others, but that's always been the case.
Old September 19th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
It is all about shelf space. Walmart gambled on getting it all before the other retailers and do NOT want to waste shelf space on a product that isn't there and won't be replenished soon, so they give that space over to some holiday toys and games and then make room again when the time is right.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales