Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old December 23rd, 2018, 06:00 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: IAmBatman's Design Workshop

That makes sense and seems cool.
Old December 24th, 2018, 09:00 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Struggling to follow all of these suggestions without the design in front of me, so I'm going to quote it here to bring it to a more forward position in the thread.

I went ahead and changed his personality to TWISTED on my linked write up.

I like the idea of altering his stats to 9 Life and 5 Defense to allow for a different defensive power.

I'm OK dropping Temporal Defense for a different defensive power. I haven't yet seen a defensive power that seemed quite "there" for me yet, though. Some have gotten close.

I'd like to keep Retcon Punch because he's an Event Hero and their essence often boils down to a specific event they were involved in - and breaking the multiverse is that for him, IMO.

[quote=IAmBatman;2207162]OK, I think I will remove that sentence you put in red and spend a bit more time thinking on, well, More Time.

In the meantime, another time altering Event Hero for y'all! I'm hearing the concerns though, so would this work for folks?

RETCON PUNCH
Once per game, instead of attacking with Superboy, you may roll 8 attack dice. Remove X Wound Markers from this Army Card and each player may place X previously destroyed figures in their Armies back in their start zones where X is the number of skulls you roll.

Quote:
SUPERBOY PRIME
NAME = SUPERBOY PRIME
SECRET IDENTITY = KAL-EL

SPECIES = KRYPTONIAN
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS = ANTAGONIST
PERSONALITY = TWISTED
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5?

LIFE = 7
MOVE = 10
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 8
DEFENSE = 7
POINTS = 600?

HEROIC ENVY

When another figure you control inflicts one or more wounds with its normal attack on an enemy figure within 10 clear sight spaces of Superboy Prime, Superboy Prime must immediately move adjacent to that enemy figure, if possible, and attack all figures adjacent to Superboy Prime. After attacking all adjacent figures this way, your turn immediately ends.

TEMPORAL DEFENSE
Once per round, if Superboy Prime or any friendly figure within 3 spaces of Superboy Prime is attacked by an opponent's figure that does not have the Temporal Defense special power, and at least 1 skull is rolled, you may reveal and remove any numbered Order Marker on this card. After removing the numbered Order Marker, the opponent's turn immediately ends, and the attacked figure receives no wounds.

RETCON PUNCH
Once per game, if Superboy would be destroyed, instead roll 8 attack dice. Remove X Wound Markers from this Army Card and each player may place X previously destroyed figures in their Armies back in their start zones where X is the number of skulls you roll.

SUPER STRENGTH
FLYING

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by IAmBatman; December 24th, 2018 at 09:20 AM.
Old December 24th, 2018, 09:25 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

OK, so after some mulling, here's where I'm at with him currently:

SUPERBOY PRIME
NAME = SUPERBOY PRIME
SECRET IDENTITY = KAL-EL

SPECIES = KRYPTONIAN
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS = ANTAGONIST
PERSONALITY = PETULANT
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5?

LIFE = 7
MOVE = 10
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 8
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 600?

ANTI-MONITOR ARMOR 3

Start the game with a yellow Armor Marker on this card. While the Armor Marker is on this card, add 3 to Superboy-Prime's defense. If Superboy-Prime has 3 Wound Markers on this card, remove the Armor Marker from this card. After taking a turn with Superboy-Prime, you may remove one Wound Marker from this card.

PRIME KRYPTONIAN
When rolling defense against an attack from a figure that is not a Kryptonian, if at least one shield is rolled, all blanks rolled count as extra shields. When Superboy-Prime would be affected by a special power on any Army Card or Glyph, you may choose for his species to be Kryptonian Prime instead of Kryptonian for the duration of that effect.

HEROIC ENVY
When another figure you control inflicts one or more wounds with its normal attack on an enemy figure within 10 clear sight spaces of Superboy-Prime, Superboy-Prime must immediately move adjacent to that enemy figure, if possible, and attack all figures adjacent to Superboy-Prime. After attacking all adjacent figures this way, your turn immediately ends. When Superboy-Prime uses Heroic Envy, he will take all leaving engagement attacks.

RETCON PUNCH
Once per game, instead of attacking with Superboy-Prime, you may roll 8 attack dice. Remove X Wound Markers from this Army Card and each player may place X previously destroyed figures in their Armies back in their start zones where X is the number of skulls you roll.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 24th, 2018, 10:07 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Can he heal once the marker is removed?

I just do not see that last power ever being used except maybe in multi-player games.
Kill him first, then his power only returns your own figures.
I suppose it is still a potentially solid healing power as long as you can use it without too much detriment.
Old December 24th, 2018, 10:56 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Giving him a passive healing power is going to be really, really rough against a lot of armies.

Should Kryptonian or Prime Kryptonian be his default class? I'm not sure of how his "canon" works.

I'm not sure I like being able to choose the trigger for Retcon Punch. It feels less like "punch that breaks reality during a temper tantrum" and more like "regenerative failsafe" - it actually reuses Regeneration's wound removal mechanic. And I really don't see it being all that useful - he heals naturally, so "kite and pray" seems like a better bet than "your opponent gets half their army back."
Old December 24th, 2018, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Can he heal once the marker is removed?

I just do not see that last power ever being used except maybe in multi-player games.
Kill him first, then his power only returns your own figures.
I suppose it is still a potentially solid healing power as long as you can use it without too much detriment.
Yeah, it's meant for him not to be able to after the armor is broken (the armor is feeding him yellow sunlight). I'll adjust that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Giving him a passive healing power is going to be really, really rough against a lot of armies.
Yeah, but shouldn't be as bad at all if they can just get him up to 3 wounds. If it proves too tough in playtesting, can always make the Armor +2 defense and break on 2 wounds.

Quote:
Should Kryptonian or Prime Kryptonian be his default class? I'm not sure of how his "canon" works.
I think it's fine either way. I only added the idea of Prime Kryptonian as a class so you can choose to break synergies as needed (i.e. have him immune to Kryptonite).

Quote:
I'm not sure I like being able to choose the trigger for Retcon Punch. It feels less like "punch that breaks reality during a temper tantrum" and more like "regenerative failsafe" - it actually reuses Regeneration's wound removal mechanic. And I really don't see it being all that useful - he heals naturally, so "kite and pray" seems like a better bet than "your opponent gets half their army back."
Yeah, maybe with him being buffed up everywhere else, the Retcon Punch is OK as more of a negative power that you don't have control over. I know Yodaking was wanting more control over it, but maybe that's one of the points of the design - that he's an Event-level puncher who does things you can't control.

Maybe it should trigger on the removal of the Armor Marker from his card?

Old December 24th, 2018, 11:17 AM

Another pass:

Quote:
SUPERBOY PRIME
NAME = SUPERBOY PRIME
SECRET IDENTITY = KAL-EL

SPECIES = KRYPTONIAN
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS = ANTAGONIST
PERSONALITY = PETULANT
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 7
MOVE = 10
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 8
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS = 600?

ANTI-MONITOR ARMOR 2

Start the game with a yellow Armor Marker on this card. While the Armor Marker is on this card, add 2 to Superboy-Prime's defense and after taking a turn with Superboy-Prime, you may remove one Wound Marker from this card. If Superboy-Prime has 2 Wound Markers on this card, remove the Armor Marker from this card.

PRIME KRYPTONIAN
When rolling defense against an attack from a figure that is not a Kryptonian, if at least one shield is rolled, all blanks rolled count as extra shields. When Superboy-Prime would be affected by a special power on any Army Card or Glyph, you may choose for his species to be Kryptonian Prime instead of Kryptonian for the duration of that effect.

HEROIC ENVY
When another figure you control inflicts one or more wounds with its normal attack on an enemy figure within 10 clear sight spaces of Superboy-Prime, Superboy-Prime must immediately move adjacent to that enemy figure, if possible, and attack all figures adjacent to Superboy-Prime. After attacking all adjacent figures this way, your turn immediately ends. When Superboy-Prime uses Heroic Envy, he will take all leaving engagement attacks.

RETCON PUNCH
When the Armor Marker is removed from this card, you must roll 8 attack dice. Remove X Wound Markers from this Army Card and each player may place X previously destroyed figures in their Armies back in their start zones where X is the number of skulls you roll.

I actually think he might be a tad too weak in this version with Heroic Envy and Retcon Punch both likely being more negative than positive for him. That makes me want to keep Anti-Monitor Armor at 3/3. What do folks think?

Old December 24th, 2018, 11:20 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Ah, didn't click that the healing was armor-dependent. In that case I think 3/3 is probably okay to start with, then tone down if necessary.
Old December 24th, 2018, 11:26 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I think the Punch makes more sense upon death than upon armor loss, but that might just be a personal thing.
Old December 24th, 2018, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Ah, didn't click that the healing was armor-dependent. In that case I think 3/3 is probably okay to start with, then tone down if necessary.
Yeah, I think that's what I'll go with. The healing was meant to be armor-dependent, but I didn't write it correctly in that draft you responded to, so that's on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I think the Punch makes more sense upon death than upon armor loss, but that might just be a personal thing.
It's supposed to happen when he gets pissed off enough, basically, but that could be when he dies if you want more of a chance of it being positive (i.e. his having an ally come back). I can revert to the original version.

Old December 24th, 2018, 11:35 AM

That brings us to:

Quote:
SUPERBOY PRIME
NAME = SUPERBOY PRIME
SECRET IDENTITY = KAL-EL

SPECIES = KRYPTONIAN
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS = ANTAGONIST
PERSONALITY = PETULANT
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 9
MOVE = 10
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 8
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 600?

ANTI-MONITOR ARMOR 3

Start the game with a yellow Armor Marker on this card. While the Armor Marker is on this card, add 3 to Superboy-Prime's defense. If Superboy-Prime has 3 Wound Markers on this card, remove the Armor Marker from this card.

PRIME EARTH KRYPTONIAN
When rolling defense against an attack from a figure that is not a Kryptonian, all blanks rolled count as extra shields. Superboy-Prime's Attack and Defense numbers cannot be reduced and his special powers cannot be negated by any Army Card or Glyph.

HEROIC ENVY

RETCON PUNCH
Once per game, if Superboy-Prime would be destroyed, instead roll 8 attack dice. Remove X Wound Markers from this Army Card and each player may place X previously destroyed figures in their Armies back in their start zones where X is the number of skulls you roll.
He should be really hard to put down, but as long as you're playing reasonably high point games (800+) you'll have at least an ally or two and his actions will be somewhat hard to control with Heroic Envy and Retcon Punch. There are ways to mitigate that, of course, but that may mean your highest puncher is sidelined, so I could see that being a strategic error.

Last edited by IAmBatman; December 25th, 2018 at 10:48 PM.
Old December 24th, 2018, 12:34 PM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

ooo I'm really liking where he's been taken as a design now

What's up with claymation?

Personal workshop: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...3&postcount=76

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy