Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old June 29th, 2014, 07:50 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Gencon 2014 Army Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Ruler View Post
It's why the Main Event is the one event I don't play Heavy Gruts in. (That, and I don't like killing the units of my own favorite army. I feel kinda bad ).

We'll actually it's because I've been beating him pretty bad with everything I tested against that.
Wow, great quote tags. Most of us don't copy and paste to quote...
Old July 1st, 2014, 09:03 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Back on topic, I'd say that 3x 10th, Raelin, Marcus, 20pts is one of, if not the strongest armies possible for this format.

However, I would not be surprised to see someone play it. They'll have fun Day 2...
Old July 1st, 2014, 11:20 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Back on topic, I'd say that 3x 10th, Raelin, Marcus, 20pts is one of, if not the strongest armies possible for this format.

However, I would not be surprised to see someone play it. They'll have fun Day 2...
Yeah, nobody could survive on day 2 with 10th, Raelin, Marcus. Instant washout, right?

Last edited by dok; July 1st, 2014 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Two turns of Marcus-enhanced WTF = no dead wyrmlings. I still see it in my nightmares
Old July 1st, 2014, 12:16 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post

Yeah, nobody could survive on day 2 with 10th, Raelin, Marcus. Instant washout, right?
Dude that's bad luck. But Orange only had 2 Squads, a third just makes it brutal, and eliminates any bad matchups like Braxas.
Old July 1st, 2014, 01:27 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

I played Redcoats x3 last year and my only Day 1 loss was to Braxas.

I like that army better with Nakitas than Marcus but it is probably too strong either way. You don't even have to play the Nakitas well to win most of the time, they just make it even tougher to beat. Considering I was able to make Day 2 with it at 440 points, it'd be a lot easier to pull it off at 425 where it actually uses all the points.
Old July 2nd, 2014, 09:50 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I like it better with Kaemon Awa or Krug myself, but that's probably even stronger. Though I guess Marcus-enhanced WTF shots can bring down big dudes.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old July 3rd, 2014, 12:11 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

I'm deciding between

Warden - 90
Chainfighters x 13 - 325
Isamu - 10

425 / 15

or

Knights x 4 - 280
Gilbert - 105
Eldgrim - 30
Otonashi - 10

425 / 19

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old July 3rd, 2014, 12:45 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Do you have a Dragon Dice conflict this year MM?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 3rd, 2014, 04:00 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Do you have a Dragon Dice conflict this year MM?
Yes.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old July 3rd, 2014, 04:09 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

You might want to go with the Chainfighters then.
Best of luck in both endeavors.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 3rd, 2014, 04:10 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
You might want to go with the Chainfighters then.
Best of luck in both endeavors.
I assume that any day 2 finalist would be willing to schedule around MM for the finals if necessary, like TOM did last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Knights x 4 - 280
Gilbert - 105
Eldgrim - 30
Otonashi - 10

425 / 19
You realize that's sitting 3 figures, right? Nobody on day 2 is going to be silly enough to sit a knight for Otonashi... If you want an all-melee knight build, why not:

210 Knights x3
105 Gilbert
80 Finn/Thorgrim
30 Eldgrim
425, 15

You could also go Hawthorne+Marcu instead of viking brothers if you want something for the rats.
Old July 3rd, 2014, 04:15 PM

Good point dok. I am still 'pulling' for the Chainfighters.

- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion