Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old September 6th, 2008, 02:44 PM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Legend of Zelda

Who else here is a Zelda fan? I personally think they're some of the best video games around. Right now I'm playing the Ocarina of Time, but I'm stuck on the water temple .

I've already beat Windwaker and Phantom Hourglass, and I thought they were both fantastic.

So, who else is a Zelda fan?

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old September 6th, 2008, 03:01 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: Legend of Zelda

I'm a fan, but pretty much of only the original Zelda for the NES, nothing has come close to topping it IMO.

Oh and there are a bunch of Zelda threads already... click here.

-insert signature here-
Old September 6th, 2008, 03:04 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I know a lotof people didn't like Windwaker. I was skeptical at first, too but that game has some serious charm. It's not overly difficult, but still engaging.

Of all the Zelda games I thin Ocarina is still my favorite. Such great depth, puzzle design, great characters and presentation... Ah! Makes me want to go start it up right now!

Old September 6th, 2008, 03:19 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Windwaker is the game that got me into the Zelda series, purely because of the extra cartoony graphics. I loved the game! Twilight Princess was awesome, too.
Old September 6th, 2008, 03:37 PM

dragonfire has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
I'm a fan, but pretty much of only the original Zelda for the NES, nothing has come close to topping it IMO.

Oh and there are a bunch of Zelda threads already... click here.

Can you honestly say that the Original is the best? Nothing has come close to topping it? I think thats BLIND NOSTALGIA..... The game was INCREDIBLE for its time. The game is INCREDIBLE today. But no way is it better than Ocarina of Time, Majoras Mask, and Phantom Hourglass.

Its extremely hard. If I didnt use maps Id be toast! You have no idea where the temples are, theres no directions to anything, the temples are impossible without maps, and the enemies are annoying. Its a great game, but no way is it the best.

Ive played The Original,Ocarina, Majora, Orcal of ages, Wind Waker, Twighlight princess, and Phantom Hourglass. I rank them

1. Ocarina of Time: Incredible, groundbreaking, epic

2. Phantom Hourglass: Revolutionized Zelda, used DS to potenial

3. Majoras Mask: Deep, dark story, great side characters

4. Wind Waker:Originally had this as 5, but rethought. WW oozed style, had beautiful graphics, and really rethought Zelda. Wasnt a fan of the cartoony style at first, now I love it. Wouldnt want them to do it again though.

5. Twighlight Princess: Midna and Wolf awesome, but seemed like it tried to be OOT. At parts...seemed kinda....bland? I dunno, it wasnt as original as the other titles, didnt use Wii to its potential. But it was a good game, but not the best Zelda game

6. The Original: Already said my thoughts above. The original is overly hard, overally confusing, and not nearly as good as later games. It started the best francise ever, and is a work of art. But not as good as the above games.

7. Orcal of Ages: This game is impossible. It is INSAINLY hard and confusing. Maybe I sucked, maybe 2d zeldas arent my thing. But maybe this game is trying to kill me. It was so confusing, and so hard!

My first Zelda game was OOT. Prior to playing Super Smash Bros, I had never heared of Link. I fell in love with OOT instantly, and cherished it. Never beat it, because I was too afraid of the shadow temple(I was 6 or 7) Majoras Mask freaked me out because of the timer. Turns out, the time limit wasnt as bad as I thought, which I later found out. I had never beaten a Zelda game through and through, because I had gotten stuck on a part, somewhere. Finally, Twighlight Princess was the first I beat. I loved it, and couldnt understand how Johnny139 claimed it wasnt good. A while later, Phantom Hourglass came out, and although easy, I loved it. I decided to play the older Zeldas again. I beat OOT, MM, and WW finally. I then understood what Johnny ment, and my list is the way it is. Someday I will try to beat Orcal Of ages, and the original.

My Signature
Old September 6th, 2008, 03:43 PM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I'll admit I haven't played many of the more recent versions, but did you miss the IMO in my post. My opinion, therefore I'm NOT wrong.

-insert signature here-
Old September 6th, 2008, 04:34 PM

its me lol is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
I'll admit I haven't played many of the more recent versions, but did you miss the IMO in my post. My opinion, therefore I'm NOT wrong.
(snaps fingers)

'Cause nothin' lasts forever
And we both know hearts can change
And it's hard to hold a candle
In the cold November rain
-Axl Rose
Old September 6th, 2008, 04:39 PM

wk4c knows what's in an order marker wk4c knows what's in an order marker

I liked the original the best, too.

Also, if anyone is interested I have a Twilight Princess for the Wii up for sale...

Quadraphonic(x2), Hilo-Scaper, SuperflyTNT

1-4/3-1/3-2/3-2
10-9 = 53% Win pct.
Old September 6th, 2008, 04:44 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I forgot about the Oracle GBA games... Put together, I think that's the best 2D Zelda experience. And this is coming from someone who has played Link to the Past so many times I can verbally recite how to complete any temple.

Old September 6th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yup; MASSIVE fan. I've played almost every game, excluding the CD-i games, and Minish Cap. My favorite series of all time, without a doubt, and always delivering high quality. Well, usually.

A Link to the Past is my favorite, for sure. It's the biggest, it's the most in-depth, and, I'll be honest... I prefer the 2D gameplay over the 3D. It's actually my favorite game of all time.

The Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time are pretty much tied for second... Ocarina of Time, from an unbiased standpoint, is certainly the better game; however, The Wind Waker is generally more engaging, and has a MUCH better story and feel.

Twilight Princess is at the bottom of my list, because it's derivative, mediocre, and lacks any ounce of soul that makes Zelda so great. It's like some other company tried to rip-off Ocarina of Time... sure, they copied it right, but it's missing that MASSIVE piece that made it's predecessor so awesome.

...so, that.
Old September 6th, 2008, 04:58 PM

I'm definitely not up to speed with remembering all the titles. Which was the first (was there more than one?) for the SNES? That one I would say is my #2.

-insert signature here-
Old September 6th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

The first (and only) SNES Zelda would be A Link to the Past.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games