Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old April 27th, 2013, 11:54 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Chicagoland June Jubilee

When: Sunday, June 9th @11AM

Where: Games-Plus (101 West Prospect Avenue, Mount Prospect, IL 60056)

Format: 440 Points, 24 Hex Start Zones, 5 game Rolling Rumble, with Opponent's Wins as the tiebreaker, and a Top 4 single-elimination playoff at the end. Before each game roll a combat die: On Shield Reverse the Whip, On Blank Heat of Battle.

Allowed: No Marvel. VC (C3V/SOV) is allowed.

Freeplay: Allowed, and I'm hoping we'll play some other games/wacky formats later.

Entry Fee: $5 or something Heroscape/C3V worth more than 5 dollars.

Prizes: I'll probably value all the prizes by multiples of $5 and then divide it into 4 stashes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and Map Prize.

Map Contest Rules: Each tournament participant (including freeplayers) may submit 1 Contest Map designed for 24 Hex Start Zone, 1v1. Maps will be voted on by tournament participants. We ask voters to consider its playability and creativity. As humans they'll also be considering other factors, such as, "will my brother beat me up if I don't vote for his map?" and so on. The person who submitted the map which receives the most votes will win the prize.

Map Contest FAQ
Q: Can I submit a map I didn't design?
A: No. You may bring a map you didn't design, but you cannot submit it to the contest.

Q: How will ties in the map contest be broken?
A: The youngest map submitter involved in the tie will be declared the winner.

Q: What is the maximum size for the maps that will be used?
A: There are no restrictions on footprint, though map makers should consider the space required versus the space available. All maps must have two 24 hex start zones.

Q: What are the restrictions on building materials (i.e. what sets and of how many can we use, which glyphs are available, etc.)?
A: None. Use any sets you want, make custom terrain (with custom rules if you want), just please make it balanced.

Attending
greygnarl
greygnarl's dad
Shedim Kabal
vegietarian18
vegie's dad
infectedsloth
I.S.B.3
Unseen Shadowz
The Bearded One
heroscaper314
Swanky Samurai
Ninja Status
Skylord163

Maybe
Friend of Ninja Status
Shedim's noob

Last edited by greygnarl; June 4th, 2013 at 12:10 PM.
Old April 27th, 2013, 11:54 PM

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Chicagoland June Jubilee

Heat of Battle Rules:

There are no startzones in this format. Instead you may place anywhere on the board.

At the start of the game there will be a dice-off. The higher roller places first and the lower roller automatically wins initiative in the first round.

Players alternate placing figures, 1 card's worth at a time.

Squad figures must be placed adjacent to at least 1 other member of their squad that was placed in the same card as them.

Once you say you are finished placing a card, the figures' placements are locked in.

Last edited by greygnarl; April 28th, 2013 at 12:22 PM.
Old April 28th, 2013, 08:08 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Darn it, no way I can make this. Sunday's are a No-no.

I hope this doesn't mean no summer tourney in Peoria, since this is in June, maybe we could do one late July or August? (Boromir's Birthday Bash? )

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Last edited by boromir96; April 28th, 2013 at 08:20 AM.
Old April 28th, 2013, 12:15 PM

Pretty sure vegie is looking to host 1 in Peoria. Not many people filled out the form, but I got enough to pick this date.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old April 28th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

I will have to think more about a Peoria tournament in June. I'm hesitant, since Arch-vile and Kevindola both could not come, so that shrinks the Peoria group by quite a bit, and I do not want to count on lots of people driving in from Chicago. NHSD is looking like the next chance to host a tournament I will get.
Old April 29th, 2013, 09:02 PM

Just got word from Games Plus. The date is a go!

Old April 30th, 2013, 08:47 AM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Confirming Shedim Kabal +1.
Old May 1st, 2013, 05:48 PM

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

My dad and I are going to be there. Interesting format, hoping you can get the VC decision done soon so I can come up with my army (I want to play some this time around).
Old May 1st, 2013, 06:23 PM

heroscaper314 is surprisingly tart

Is a skull considered a blank, or does it a mean a normal game? (or are we talking about one of the original dice that was just for defense )

By the way, I very much appreciate having a Sunday tournament. As a Sabbath observing Jew, I very rarely get to go to tournaments, since they're mostly on Saturdays (the Jewish Sabbath, on which driving, among other things not so relevant to Heroscape, is not permitted). I know other people have concerns with having Sunday tournaments due to Church attendance and other concerns, so I get why tournaments can't regularly be on Sundays, but it's nice to have one every once in a while.
Old May 1st, 2013, 09:02 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT: Point total bumped to 440 to line up with GenCon!

@heroscaper314 It's a combat die, so a skull is a normal game.

Also, if we can get some more attendance that would be great. Poll all your friends guys.

Last edited by greygnarl; May 1st, 2013 at 09:21 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 06:22 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Gladiators x3, Spartacus, Wyrmling... Man, without Crixus, Axegrinders look so much better on paper than Gladiators.
Old May 11th, 2013, 07:32 PM

to VC. Not sure what I'm playing yet but at least I'm not giving away my GenCon army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedim Kabal View Post
Gladiators x3, Spartacus, Wyrmling... Man, without Crixus, Axegrinders look so much better on paper than Gladiators.
This could be a point total where Priscus shines... Gladiators x3, Priscus, Crixus, Siiv?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events