Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old October 4th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

More judges and requiring the same amount of votes to Induct would certainly speed up the process. A judge could then skip over a design or two that held no interest to them.
Old October 4th, 2011, 10:10 PM
I Need 42 Dumutefs for my Ullar army

samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelfrost4 View Post
I shall start off too say I am a little disappointed.
*sigh*

I wish people wouldn't be disappointed when we choose not to review a custom. It can't really be helped, I guess.

My own kid is working on a whole faction (it's awesome, you guys just wait), but for reasons that will eventually become abundantly clear I had to explain to him gently that some customs, no matter how awesome, don't really belong in the SoV.

This site is filled with awesome customs, and so far only one is in the SoV. I personally do not own a Zombie Hulk, but I do own some of the others that are not in the SoV, and I would not trade them for a mountain of Zombie Hulks.*
Lol, I didn't mean for it too come out like that. I was trying to convey I was a little disappointed but was glad you were being so thorough. I just kind of totally failed. Lol sorry about that. I fail at saying what I'm trying to say while typing.

Hello. I have updated my signature in an attempt to convey absolutely nothing, and waste your time reading this every time I post. Thank you.
Old October 4th, 2011, 10:12 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

That's quite an interesting thought...more judges

(Not that I am a member of SoV or think I'd become a judge anyways)

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old October 4th, 2011, 10:17 PM

samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby!

Hey would anything change if I found 40 soulknifes spread over 8 websites?

EDIT: I found 50 soulknives over 13 websites. If I posted all the info would that help at all?

Hello. I have updated my signature in an attempt to convey absolutely nothing, and waste your time reading this every time I post. Thank you.

Last edited by samuelfrost4; October 4th, 2011 at 10:25 PM.
Old October 4th, 2011, 10:28 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Adding just one more judge (without changing anything else) would significantly alter the selectiveness of the system, because it would mean a card could reach the SoV on a 6-2 vote.

The idea of having a larger panel of judges, while keeping the number of "yes" votes for induction and "no" votes for rejection the same, is an interesting one. I will say that we have a really solid panel of judges right now, and I wouldn't want it diluted too much. But I can think of several other folks who clearly have the chops to be judges here.

Or you guys could, you know, work faster.
Old October 4th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Hey Lamaclown! Come over here, quick! They figured out we're slow!

Joking aside, it pains me that we are moving this slowly. For myself, I'll be doing more playtesting soon. As you say, dok, it is important we remain committed to our high standards. I want guys like me to be able to allow units I approve to be used at my tournaments.

On the other hand, our speed is currently "glacial," if you can really call that a speed, and like all my fellow judges I would like to see us move a little faster.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 4th, 2011, 10:39 PM

Well... I didn't really get an answer but... If anyone wants the info here it is. Hope it helps!

Cool stuff inc. -5 in stock- $1.49 each
Troll and toad -6 in stock- $1.99 each
Strikezone Online -12 in stock- 1.71 each
Games Empire -8 in stock- $2.49 each
Role 4 Initiative -5 in stock- $2.31 each
Beholder the Bargains -1 in stock- $2.79 each
Gold Dragon Horde -3 in stock- $1.95 each
Amazon -4 in stock- $3.38 each
Game Hollow -1 in stock- $1.45 each
Gamer Cadia -1 in stock- $1.19 each
Auggies Games -4 in stock- $1.49 each
Paizo -1 in stock- $3.50 each.
Page 3's Game Zone -unknown in stock- $1.00 each

Total=50 (Not including unknown quantity)

Old October 4th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Like Elginb and D_S, I'm concerned about how much dok's Templer Cavelry get for 50 points, but the Templar's do need quite a bit of help. I'm going to chicken out on a vote right now while I ponder them.

Quote:

Theme, Does it fit in the HS universe?: To start off I will say: THIS IS SGT DRAKE'S BROTHER. Hence the same last name. This is not the first family to be in the game. EG: The Esenweins. Also he is mentioned in Thormun's journal:
Spoiler Alert!
Mechanically I like him, I think that going through the CHCG24 process made him a very solid unit, but his theme dooms him-there's no way I can see this mini as being a summoned WWII GI. I vote NO to review Lt. Jake Alexander by samuelfrost4.

Lt. Jake Alexander by samuelfrost 4 has received 4 NO votes to review (Dad_Scaper, Elginb, Killometer, nyys), but I will wait a litle while to remove him from the queue to see if his availability changes any votes.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old October 4th, 2011, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Like Elginb and D_S, I'm concerned about how much dok's Templer Cavelry get for 50 points, but the Templar's do need quite a bit of help. I'm going to chicken out on a vote right now while I ponder them.

Quote:

Theme, Does it fit in the HS universe?: To start off I will say: THIS IS SGT DRAKE'S BROTHER. Hence the same last name. This is not the first family to be in the game. EG: The Esenweins. Also he is mentioned in Thormun's journal:
Spoiler Alert!
Mechanically I like him, I think that going through the CHCG24 process made him a very solid unit, but his theme dooms him-there's no way I can see this mini as being a summoned WWII GI. I vote NO to review Lt. Jake Alexander by samuelfrost4.

Lt. Jake Alexander by samuelfrost 4 has received 4 NO votes to review (Dad_Scaper, Elginb, Killometer, nyys), but I will wait a litle while to remove him from the queue to see if his availability changes any votes.
Just a thought but if I changed him from a soldier too something else, and made him have no relation to Drake would that make him fit in the theme of the game better?

Old October 4th, 2011, 10:49 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Hey Lamaclown! Come over here, quick! They figured out we're slow!

Joking aside, it pains me that we are moving this slowly. For myself, I'll be doing more playtesting soon. As you say, dok, it is important we remain committed to our high standards. I want guys like me to be able to allow units I approve to be used at my tournaments.

On the other hand, our speed is currently "glacial," if you can really call that a speed, and like all my fellow judges I would like to see us move a little faster.
LOL! They're onto us. Oh well, since it out of the bag now...

As DS has stated, we dislike the slowness with which we have been operating lately. We are going to try to pick up the pace so that the many excellent customs in our backlog will get the attention they deserve. Of course, thoroughly playtesting a unit can be a time consuming process.

Just to prove I am walking the talk, I ran some tests with Priscus tonight. So far my thoughts are... well, wouldn't want to say anything too prematurely
Old October 4th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

"Soldier" doesn't bother me. I just haven't seen too many WWII pics showing our troops with long, flowing hair.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old October 4th, 2011, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
"Soldier" doesn't bother me. I just haven't seen too many WWII pics showing our troops with long, flowing hair.
Haha ok. What about a Guerrilla fighter? Or a mercenary?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs