Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old April 21st, 2008, 09:13 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Does this ebay seller look suspect?

Hi,

I was thinking of purchasing a few commons from this seller http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZnakeetafalcon
But they seem to have a whole collection with no cards. Its possible that the set belonged to a child who lost it, or it could be that the set is stolen (!)

Would you feel comfortable bidding on these?
Old April 21st, 2008, 09:23 PM

donaldb Woo who?
Re: Does this ebay seller look suspect?

I don't know, he calls the obsidian guards lava monsters, but he seems to have a variety of non- heroscape things that would not be present if he was trying to scam people (angels...).

Do you have the NERV?
Frisbee. Heroscape. Airsoft. Life is simple.
Old April 21st, 2008, 09:23 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Bloodlust and grenade markers are missing. Deathreavers and 'stalkers have their names flip-flopped. Names are misspelled. The zombies have two of one sculpt and one of another. Photography sucks. Master set figures like NGS/MWs and Drake/AE are clumped together. I think we can be pretty safe in chalking this one up to a seller who doesn't play the game and is just unloading some toys without knowing or caring how they're used.
Old April 21st, 2008, 09:24 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

He has a 13 sellers rep but they are all to the same buyer.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old April 21st, 2008, 09:56 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That does sound a little suspicious. I'd check out more about him before you do anything. Send him an email or something.
Old April 21st, 2008, 10:21 PM

Visceral_Mass Woo who?

My son destroyed all of the cards from the first set I bought along with some of the figures so it is possible that the sellers cards are truly lost.

I'm not saying the seller is not suspect just that it is possible.
Old April 21st, 2008, 10:27 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Actually, I checked his feedback and he does have positives from a bunch of different users (you have to scroll down and/or go to the next page).

Personally it wouldn't bother me to buy from the guy; I have bought from other sellers who didn't really know how to list their stuff properly. (I especially love it when they misspell the key words; I recently got a cheap squad of Roman Archers because apparently nobody else wanted to buy any "Herosape" figures that day.) Sometimes those sellers get their 'scape from a thrift store or a yard sale or a bigger auction lot (perhaps from a non-online auction) of all kinds of crap, then do the best they can with a little internet research. Chances are that Hasbro is to blame for the transposed stalkers/reavers (heroscape.com is still messed up that way).

Do what you feel comfortable with, but the guy looks legitimate to me. Illiterate, to be sure, but legitimate.

This post is highly ashamed of its use of the term "non-online".

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list

Last edited by Just_a_Bill; April 22nd, 2008 at 09:41 AM.
Old April 22nd, 2008, 09:41 AM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Man! I want me them Aubrien archers!

Too bad my dad who controls all online purcheses is anti-ebay...seriously he won't buy anything on ebay, he says it is a scam!
Old April 22nd, 2008, 09:54 AM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
Man! I want me them Aubrien archers!

Too bad my dad who controls all online purcheses is anti-ebay...seriously he won't buy anything on ebay, he says it is a scam!
eBay in and of itself is not a scam, but there are definitely scammers on there. I've been scammed more than once. The first guy will eventually die a horrendous death, but I'm waiting the requisite 10 years before doing him in. Which reminds me, I need to check the calendar.

Environmentalists make great compost.
Old April 22nd, 2008, 12:47 PM

Purplebeard knows what's in an order marker Purplebeard knows what's in an order marker Purplebeard knows what's in an order marker

Wasn't there a guy on here that had a bunch of figures stolen at a convention, but they forgot to steal the cards? It was recent, and taken right out of the back of his car. I'm not saying that this is the culprit, but it might not hurt to scrutinize the purchase and check to see if any of the figures match what he is missing.

"There's something exceptionally satisfying in dropping Mimring in round one."

Expand your horizons. Terrain maps from Cavalier.
Old April 22nd, 2008, 01:01 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplebeard View Post
Wasn't there a guy on here that had a bunch of figures stolen at a convention, but they forgot to steal the cards? It was recent, and taken right out of the back of his car. I'm not saying that this is the culprit, but it might not hurt to scrutinize the purchase and check to see if any of the figures match what he is missing.
The theft you refer to took place in the Pacific Northwest..Seattle area, I'm pretty sure. This seller appears to be in Michigan. Not saying it couldn't be related, but the chances seem to be slim.

Last edited by Cavalier; April 22nd, 2008 at 01:18 PM. Reason: error
Old April 22nd, 2008, 01:06 PM

TOG knows what's in an order marker TOG knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
This seller appears to be in Missouri. Not saying it couldn't be related, but the chances seem to be slim.

Ahem. MI I believe is Michigan. Missouri would be MO.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News