Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 24th, 2021, 10:37 AM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Hot take - do we need Jekyll at all?
Absolutely, he's a part of the team. My Mr. Hyde draft doesn't rely on Jekyll, but accessing Hyde through Jekyll is an essential part of the experience of playing Edward Hyde.

Even though Jekyll was absent in Vol. 2 after the initial transformation, Vol. 2 takes place during the very brief span of August 5-9.
https://lxg.fandom.com/wiki/Timeline#cite_ref-230

As I mentioned before, Hyde refers to Jekyll as though he's still alive. He specifically says that with the Martians around, Jekyll would get them both killed, and if he goes out, its on his terms. Entirely possible that if somehow Hyde had survived the Martian invasion, Jekyll would return.
Spoiler Alert!

Jekyll transforming or not transforming is always a dramatic moment. Rolling to transform adds some drama and strategy to the character.
Spoiler Alert!

With the transformation unblockables, it offers a choice. Do I want to attack my own Jekyll early on, and waste the unblockables, but get him out early? If I'm the opponent, do I want to attack Jekyll to hopefully kill Hyde early and avoid the unblockables, or I do want to ignore him?

I'm not convinced a two-figure flip card is not possible. Case in point:

Why can Red Skull modify a special attack roll, even though the rules specify against that? Because the power spells it out. Exactly as I did in my draft, exactly as was stated here about the Werewolf draft:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Sure, and he built that into his power where it was not built into the power either here or for Emma Frost.
But even if duel Jekyll/Hyde gets voted against for some arbitrary rule that may or may not exist, that doesn't mean we shouldn't do Jekyll at all. We'll just have to make it work.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy