Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old April 27th, 2008, 03:41 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
HS Books/Graphic novels and such.

Recently Paul Barclay made this comment in the official wizards feedback thread:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...postcount=1839

It's not quite a straight answer, but it does hint at the possibility. Should we be taking this seriously?
Old April 27th, 2008, 04:48 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Re: HS Books/Graphic novels and such.

I don't see why not. He said he'd listen to proposals.
Old April 27th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I wouldn't expect them to take you seriously unless you have a body of professional writing work, and I wouldn't write an entire book at the CHANCE that you MAY be able to sell it to people who have been described as uninterested. To be perfectly straightforward if they were going to do a book or books I think they would end up offering the work to me first (since I've done writing work for them in the past that they are happy with) and I would take them up on it.
Old April 27th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth View Post
(since I've done writing work for them in the past that they are happy with)
Past? Is that no longer your task or will you be doing more writing for HS in the future?
Old April 27th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour View Post
Quote:
(since I've done writing work for them in the past that they are happy with)
Past? Is that no longer your task or will you be doing more writing for HS in the future?
I don't have a contract or anything telling me I will. I suspect so though. I've certainly got many pieces done that are not yet public, so you'll be seeing my stuff for awhile at least.

By in the past I just meant that I've established myself with past works.
Old May 1st, 2008, 03:29 AM

ArgosCap has disabled reputation

Truth, how did you get involved with them creatively? Helping to write the Heroscape mythology would be a SWEET gig. I have had a number of sci-fi, fantasy and horror stories published here in the states, and in the UK. I would work for free if they wanted me to get creative and establish some cannon mythology for Heroscape.

As far as novels go, I know that many of us on these boards are craving more back story on the characters, but I'm not sure how they would fare in the general market. I guess the Magic: The Gathering novels have been relatively successful, but I'm not sure how Heroscape's popularity compares, since Magic gained popularity through an intense marketing drive, with an outrageous level of tournament support that Heroscape has never seen. But hey, Wizards, if you want to start a novel series, let me send you an outline or two. There are plenty of stories to be told.

Send me a message Mr. Barclay. I'll give you some crazy original material!

Visit my new site, THE FREE UNIVERSE to explore the universe of public domain and freely licensed characters, settings and story concepts.
Old May 1st, 2008, 09:14 AM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yea, just send in your work to WotC. It's not a guarantee or anything, but you'll never know til you try. Try the customer support thing. If they like what they see, perhaps they will send it to the higher-ups. If not, don't be discouraged. I have a friend who for years did stuff in the community of a card game called Redemption. Years and years went by with him doing stuff simialr to what we do with Heroscape. Eventually the creators took notice and employed him. Now he runs official tournaments, is the main playtester, and gets free cards whenever he wants. Pretty sweet.

He says that you just have to work hard, not expect anything, and eventually if you do a lot of good and hard work, you'll get noticed.

So give it a try!
Old June 1st, 2010, 02:49 AM

Aquaryan is surprisingly tart

I would be all for reading books based on the Heroscape characters. I wonder if some writers that I know would be interested in writing novels based on the game?

Old June 2nd, 2010, 08:26 PM

Takanuva has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Recently Paul Barclay made this comment in the official wizards feedback thread:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...postcount=1839

It's not quite a straight answer, but it does hint at the possibility. Should we be taking this seriously?
Quote:
I wouldn't expect them to take you seriously unless you have a body of professional writing work, and I wouldn't write an entire book at the CHANCE that you MAY be able to sell it to people who have been described as uninterested. To be perfectly straightforward if they were going to do a book or books I think they would end up offering the work to me first (since I've done writing work for them in the past that they are happy with) and I would take them up on it.
Burn!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction