Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old January 17th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: NorCal New Year-New Army Tourney.

Dr. Livingston- I posted and will be updating after the event a New Army Event Thread in the Maps and Scenarios forum, so keep your eye out for that too. Thanks for the encouragement!

Satyr- Its not BoV kosher, but I figured the easiest way to deal with the Ruin issue for Katsuno Land was to ruin-swap, or more ideally use four small ruins to prevent movement hinderance. Considering the 'Scape collections of some of the Nor-Cal folks, I don't think that'd be hard to do.

Alastair- Yeah, normally the undefeated guy should win over the guy with a 4-1 record, but the object of this tourney is to get players to show their skills and adaptability with a large array of armies, not the one they fine-tuned and know they can play. In such an environment, the guy who goes 4-1 with different armies I would say played better and thus deserves the win over the guy who brought one well practiced army and went undefeated. This sort of format does level the playing field somewhat between the highly skilled and the more average player, since everyone will play a mix of great and not so great armies. But I still think the top players will do better overall. You're not afraid of losing that trophy, are you?

- Heroscape is a standing game. -
Old January 17th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Tournament Director Deluxe

Satyr is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninValentina View Post
Satyr- Its not BoV kosher, but I figured the easiest way to deal with the Ruin issue for Katsuno Land was to ruin-swap, or more ideally use four small ruins to prevent movement hinderance.
Excellent solution! Sound like something I should have said

Cry endgame and let slip the doggin of war.
Old January 17th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

In addition to my other suggestions on page 4...
Ticalla Sunrise: The newest BoV map. Not sure if we played it on NHSD, but used extensively at GenCon.

Serpentine: One of Ch1Can0's maps that uses my favorite expansion: VW. Forewarning, I may be bringing Microcorp.

Swamp Gas: Another VW map, this time with Swarm. The gylphs are not usable by double spaced figures though...
Old January 20th, 2009, 01:59 AM

I got a game on Katsuno Land this weekend. Hard to say how it plays since my dice were so cold that I only defended a couple time and only landed two hits over the entire (short) game ... I've never seen so many blanks! Anywho, the map seems pretty balanced after swapping out the ruins.

Need to get another couple of games on it to tell for sure, but nothing like a tournament to fully vet a map.

And now for something completely different ... Uncle Immy (aka The Red Barron) will be joining the fun and Heretic may also emerge the Fremont triangle.

Last edited by Satyr; January 20th, 2009 at 11:09 AM.
Old January 20th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Reigning NorCal Champ

Alastair MacDirk has disabled reputation

What glyphs will we be using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkBladeCB
And I have a man crush on good looking robots.

Old January 20th, 2009, 02:56 PM

I got word that Racer X will be in attendance. That's nearly a full crew from my neck of the woods ... missing Morning Star, Sexy Mama, and a couple of others.

Old January 20th, 2009, 03:27 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Ronin, Satyr, or whoever is running this tournament,

I wonder if you would be willing to up the points to 480 instead of 475? I've been designing armies for two weeks now, and all the ones I would really like to try come in at 480 points.

Ive tested some 475 point armies and some of the (desired) 480 point armies with one unit removed to pull it under 475 and they have not worked well (to put it charitably).

Just hoping (since your original post says that the 475 is tentative) that you might consider upping it by 5 points. (Bambi eyes)

~Chris

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old January 20th, 2009, 03:58 PM

RV is the man calling the shots. I'm just bored at work and one of the peanut gallery ...

I have yet to get an army to hit 475 pt exactly, but I have a few 470 pt armies I am playing around with ... one of which will just plain cause pain.

Do we have any rules on Proxies?

Old January 20th, 2009, 07:06 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
...I wonder if you would be willing to up the points to 480 instead of 475? I've been designing armies for two weeks now, and all the ones I would really like to try come in at 480 points...
~Chris
I second.

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
(All for just $4,000 BUCKS)
Old January 20th, 2009, 07:40 PM

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Lots of business to attend to here. I'll update the first post accordingly.

Start with the easy stuff- the Glyph Pool will consist of the following:

- Unique Attack +1
- Common Attack +1
- Defense +1
- Move +2
- Initiative +8
- Wounding

As normal, glyphs will be chosen randomly at before the start of each match, and placed face up on their board locations.

Maps.

In addition to Katsuno Land and SotM Highways and Dieways, I am going to add Husk of The Holdfast to the definitive map list. Marepesia's Glory I've decided I'm much less interested in, and would like to strike from the options. This leaves Hot Spot, which is a controversial map due to its size. I looked over S1R's suggestions, and the one I'd like best is the other controversial map, Can't See the Jungle. So, I leave it to you to pick your poison.

Hot Spot? Or Can't See The Jungle? Vote early, vote often.

Next, Army totals. I deliberately picked 475 as an odd and more difficult point total in order to shake things up. But like Satyr, I've only found armies I like that are 470pts. Likewise, Dnutt and cmgames have pleaded for 480 points, to which I've also seen a few armies I've considered come to. Though I like my intent behind choosing 475pts, there's a difference between challenging and constricting players. Since 470 still works in a 480 army, I will up the army point totals to 480pts. This will be the definitive point total for New Year-New Army.

Lastly, Satyr, you've listed a bunch of people who will be attending. I'll add them to the front post, but please check and see if I miss any. Thanks.

Old January 20th, 2009, 08:21 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I vote for "Can't See the Jungle".

And thanks for the 480!

~Chris

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old January 20th, 2009, 08:55 PM

Oh, Proxies.

I will allow Proxies under the following (mostly common sense) rules:

-Keep Squads and their proxies to a 2:1 ratio.
-Use good proxies; Roman Archers for Aubriens, Rats for Spiders, etc.
-Be shore to completely explain your proxie use to each opponent you face.
-Use actual figures first, replacing out proxies in the back as much as possible.
-In cases of player disagreement over line of sight involving proxies, swap the proxie with the closest actual figure on the board. To prevent abuses of LOS when swapping, swapped figures are placed in the center of their hex, facing the opposing player's chair.

Agreeable?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events