Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old December 11th, 2009, 06:55 AM

N-Scaper94 *glass shatters*
Re: The Book of Kumiko

She owns squads, but gets owned by heroes.

God loves you and He wants you to be saved today!

If at first you don't succeed, don't go sky diving
Old March 20th, 2010, 11:27 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Lonewolf used her very successfully against me yesterday at the AZ Game Day. I wouldn't discount her hit-and-run ability, even against heroes.
This was a rather cryptic comment to me until today. I hadn't really ever tried her out before and discovered just how nifty the hit-and-run aspect can be. It means that against melee figures, she almost never has to take an attack against her from height since she can move adjacent, attack and then move away. I may need to try to incorporate her into more armies.

~Aldin, counterstrike bypassingly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old March 21st, 2010, 01:44 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
Lonewolf used her very successfully against me yesterday at the AZ Game Day. I wouldn't discount her hit-and-run ability, even against heroes.
This was a rather cryptic comment to me until today. I hadn't really ever tried her out before and discovered just how nifty the hit-and-run aspect can be. It means that against melee figures, she almost never has to take an attack against her from height since she can move adjacent, attack and then move away. I may need to try to incorporate her into more armies.

Kumiko rocks, I think more people would understand that if she didn't cost 80 points. If she were priced at 75 points people would stop mentally comparing her to Raelin and maybe actually play with her more.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old March 21st, 2010, 08:41 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Kumiko is quite good actually. There may be an arguement whether or not SHiori is better, but used together they are a good combo.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old March 21st, 2010, 12:16 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:

Honored to be of service.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old September 6th, 2010, 10:52 AM

CyberClaw16 Woo who?

I was just thinking she might be a good/cheap draft against a zombie army.

I really don't see using her after Sharwin Wildborn can devastate squads with range, for only 30 points more and better stats.
Old September 6th, 2010, 11:06 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberClaw16 View Post
I was just thinking she might be a good/cheap draft against a zombie army.

I really don't see using her after Sharwin Wildborn can devastate squads with range, for only 30 points more and better stats.

I don't like to mean to call you out or nothing, but it might be wise to say Shawin is better than Kumiko in Sharwin's book. I really don't like when someone calls a piece out on their faults and then goes and says something is far better(especially in a specific thread). I don't go in the Drudge's book and say "Q9 is 10 times better than these guys". Now I would rather say that Q9 is good counter for the Drudge for whatever reasons. Of course this is all my own opinion and should only be taken as such.

Now for a serious topic:
That special attack just sounds powerful. I think she may be useful as a shock team leader or assassin. Squad-like attacks, an overall decent defense, strategic value, and a semi-small sculpt makes her good for a role needed in some armies.

I think she'd need some back-up so perhaps more "Hit and Run" figures would be useful.

PKsx4 320
Kumiko 400
Range fills the rest of desired point total.

Hammer range and go for easy kills with the PK's. Use Kumiko to lash out on a hero(preferably support). Range deals with whatever.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 7th, 2010, 10:07 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Speaking of all female teams, and updating her niche possibilities, I just used Kumiko as a glyph grabber on The Moonbeams, my first Team Good for my first solitaire River of Blood Campaign. The glyph she grabbed was Brooch of Shielding--which she didn't need, having Phantom Walk already--but she was able to pass it on to another hero. Her low life amount makes her a gamble to recover during Second Wind, but such is the life of a ninja...

So I hail Kumiko's reappearance on my table after some time with a note to her very own book! She is now somwhat "overshadowed" by her teammate Mika Connour (ouch!) but in our Scape Group we like to see every figure getting off the shelf now and again. She's certainly an interesting and flexible hero, and useful in the right situation.
Old September 10th, 2010, 07:37 PM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation

I would like to see something in the Clarifications section about her Ninjutsu Barrage Special Attack. Since she is not "moving and attacking normally," which rules still affect her movement? Specifically, does she have to stop in water, and does she get a movement bonus on road?

I think if she is moving normally, she would get the road bonus and should stop in water. Moving "abnormally," it seems she would not get the road bonus and not have to stop in water.
Old September 10th, 2010, 08:31 PM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnyFlame View Post
I would like to see something in the Clarifications section about her Ninjutsu Barrage Special Attack. Since she is not "moving and attacking normally," which rules still affect her movement? Specifically, does she have to stop in water, and does she get a movement bonus on road?

I think if she is moving normally, she would get the road bonus and should stop in water. Moving "abnormally," it seems she would not get the road bonus and not have to stop in water.
It is definitely not a normal move, so she does not get road bonus. However, water stops all movement, normal or otherwise (see NotNW). So she would have to stop in water.
Old September 11th, 2010, 10:12 AM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yeah, Ninjitsu Barrage is definitely an example of a "locked movement" special power, so you may never move more than 3 spaces with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAQ 12.2
Locked Movement Special Powers
Examples: Gain High Ground, Stealth Leap, Swing Line 4,
Grapple Arm, Gladiatron Movement Bonding, and
Disappearing Ninja

Are the movement values listed in the special power
section of the cards (Like Shaolin Monk's Stealth
Leap) affected by enhancements (road, glyphs, etc)?

No, they are not affected by enhancements; they are static
move values that cannot increase. Note: Movement
ENHANCING powers like the Kozuke Samurai are not
covered by this FAQ.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old September 11th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frylock View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnyFlame View Post

It is definitely not a normal move, so she does not get road bonus. However, water stops all movement, normal or otherwise (see NotNW). So she would have to stop in water.
I have a follow up question on this. If Kumiko moves one space into water, and then attacks, can she then move out of the water?

Essentially, when Kumiko stops moving to attack, does she begin a new "move" when she moves?

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units