Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 27th, 2010, 10:52 PM

Takanuva has disabled reputation
Re: The Viper custom creation project

Count me In!
I also love vipers and have made several customs in the past based on them.(However, I never got around to posting or playtesting them, so Im not sure if their any good)

How abouit this=

Splitting Viper

Uncommon Hero

4 Life
7 Move
3 Attack
4 Defence
50-75 points

Split=If a splitting viper you control is wounded, you may Immediately place a previously destroyed spitting viper on a same level, unoccupied space near it. Immediately remove wounds on the viper until it has the same amount as the previously wounded viper.
Old January 27th, 2010, 11:45 PM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker

I always thought the Vipers needed a couple more units before they could be a real viable group.

Those sweet looking DnD figures someone posted pictures of would be great heroscape units. Maybe WotC will use them in the upcoming DnD Waves *fingers crossed*.

I like the idea of Spitting Vipers as a ranged squad. They also definitely need another warlord.
Old January 28th, 2010, 12:06 AM

Commander GD Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killz View Post
Potential powers. Here are powers that can be incorporated and worked on, then used in units.
Spoiler Alert!

Please feel free to submit units you have made/pictures of useful figures/usefull powers. And feel free to help, or comment.
I hope to get this working, because it would be most excellent to make more vipers.
I'm sorry to break it to you, but these powers are INSANE! They are way too good.

1) Water Ambush: 15 spaces? The best move in the game is Otonashi's tricky with a gylph, and that only gets up to 12, and you want to make them move 15 through water? I would stick it to no more that 5. And not only that, but you might want to get rid of the leaving engagement associeated with it. And the attack enhancement? +3? Way too much! Make it like, 1 or 2, unless you plan to give them a base attack of less than two.

2)Sand tunnel: Much better than the water one. However, you would be better of leaving it to only sand, since most maps will have a litte of one or the other, but some maps have a lot of both when combined.

3) Ambush: This one is reasonable, if you take out the during it's move part, with a move of 9 you can hide and then re-appear. Depending on how much the attack enhancement is though, you may need more limitations.

4) Sand Concealment: Way too good. The way you put it, no one can attack them on sand. No one at all. Sgt. Drake's Thorian Speed only works agianst normal ranged attacks, but does it stop attacks entirely? No. This power would, quite litterally, make them invincable.

I like you pics and your unit ideas, but you need to tone them down, or they will end up like the marvel at 300pt+
Old January 28th, 2010, 12:12 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
I am a very avid fan of the Vipers, and am extremely disappointed that there are only 3 official viper units.
As an "avid fan of Vipers" wouldn't you know that there are 4 viper "units"
Old January 28th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

I shored up my viper army with the fallowing customs Wriggz's D&D Customs

They use existing D&D mini's and really add to the flavor of the viper army.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old January 28th, 2010, 02:25 PM

wolfeman1968 is surprisingly tart

Elite Oynx Warlord
Viper
U. hero
Warlord
Precise
Med 6

Life 5
Move 7
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 3
Points 120

Evasive 6
when attacked by a non adjacent figure roll an additional 6 defence dice

Slither

Precise Leadership
Any figure you control with a precise personality you can add 1 to your move. Does not apply to Soulborgs or Elite Oynx Warlord

I created this custom with an extra Venoc Warlord and just painted him black. It has a few Synergies: with precise (elite oynx vipers and several range units like AA) and gives another bonding choice for the Armoc Vipers

Last edited by wolfeman1968; January 28th, 2010 at 02:36 PM.
Old January 28th, 2010, 02:30 PM

Sylvano the Wasabus rolls all skulls baby! Sylvano the Wasabus rolls all skulls baby! Sylvano the Wasabus rolls all skulls baby! Sylvano the Wasabus rolls all skulls baby!

We have a pile of Yuan-Ti that are going to become viperish. We're just getting into water battles- troops in boats fighting against each other and also against water creatures. Thanks for this thread- I'll be watching to get some good ideas as our customs come into creation and playtesting.
Old January 28th, 2010, 02:41 PM

Killz is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilsara View Post
Anthasu, I highly doubt that people wouldn't pitch their ideas just because it's not "general" enough. I'm certainly willing to help a bit with throwing some ideas around, and I doubt making an unofficial Master Set based on Official units would be any fun. If this does fail, feel free to laugh in our face; but for now, please save the cynical comments if you're not also posting to provide ideas.

Ahem.

I've actually created a few Viper units that I WOULD'VE made the sculpt for had I not failed at Apoxie. There's certainly a lot of potential in the vipers, though it'd be tricky to tie them together- only the Armocs bond with the Venoc Warlord, and even that's just "Ullar Warlords."

There was an "Armoc Overlord" that I had made that allowed you to take a turn with a Hero and Viper squad (minus frenzy/bonding) after revealing an OM (instead of taking a turn with said Overlord), giving the Viper Army a bit more of a tactical edge. It also had a Viper "strike" power that allowed it to wound itself then attack after giving an adjacent viper an attack boost.

At least one unit that's created should have an "Enhanced Slither" power that also gives an attack boost if they start their turn on water. There would be a nice trade-off in that- being on lower ground for a turn allows you to strike harder later- very Viper-like.

I had a Wizard Viper that could split its soul and revive Viper Squads. I don't know if it'd fit the barbaric, primitive style of the Vipers, but some sort of Venoc revive power would give an extra umph to viper swarms.

I'm almost tempted to throw in the idea of a Viper Hive- since the Vipers are opposite to the Marro, it would be pretty interesting to have a hive where laid eggs hatch midbattle, but the biological aspects of that might not work.

I'll pitch in a few more ideas later, once my custom making blood starts flowing again.
Those are some great ideas, I added them to the list hope you don't mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simval View Post
Hi! Lot of good ideas you have! I see that one of your ideas is to make a huge viper... I got one in my thread! Go see My customs and repaints.

Thanks!
That guy looks awesome! I was thinking of doing something like that, but removing some of the legs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
I was reading through the suggestions. I don't think a viper that can only placed in water would work. How many maps have enough water to make such a unit useful. Even worse how many maps have water in the start zone. You would have to do something like AE or retchets. And Athasu1 I think a viper themed custom master set could create a following. Give me some time to think about the water viper.
Yeah, I guess that would not work, just thinking of maybe a excuse to use the water ambush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carakki View Post
Feel free at any point to recruit me for this. I have a good deal of experience with creating customs (see link in my signature) and can be particularly useful with rendering actual cards.
Added
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takanuva View Post
Count me In!
I also love vipers and have made several customs in the past based on them.(However, I never got around to posting or playtesting them, so Im not sure if their any good)

How abouit this=

Splitting Viper

Uncommon Hero

4 Life
7 Move
3 Attack
4 Defence
50-75 points

Split=If a splitting viper you control is wounded, you may Immediately place a previously destroyed spitting viper on a same level, unoccupied space near it. Immediately remove wounds on the viper until it has the same amount as the previously wounded viper.
Added, and sounds pretty interesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander GD View Post
Quote:
Potential powers. Here are powers that can be incorporated and worked on, then used in units.
Spoiler Alert!

Please feel free to submit units you have made/pictures of useful figures/usefull powers. And feel free to help, or comment.
I hope to get this working, because it would be most excellent to make more vipers.
I'm sorry to break it to you, but these powers are INSANE! They are way too good.

1) Water Ambush: 15 spaces? The best move in the game is Otonashi's tricky with a gylph, and that only gets up to 12, and you want to make them move 15 through water? I would stick it to no more that 5. And not only that, but you might want to get rid of the leaving engagement associeated with it. And the attack enhancement? +3? Way too much! Make it like, 1 or 2, unless you plan to give them a base attack of less than two.

2)Sand tunnel: Much better than the water one. However, you would be better of leaving it to only sand, since most maps will have a litte of one or the other, but some maps have a lot of both when combined.

3) Ambush: This one is reasonable, if you take out the during it's move part, with a move of 9 you can hide and then re-appear. Depending on how much the attack enhancement is though, you may need more limitations.

4) Sand Concealment: Way too good. The way you put it, no one can attack them on sand. No one at all. Sgt. Drake's Thorian Speed only works agianst normal ranged attacks, but does it stop attacks entirely? No. This power would, quite litterally, make them invincable.

I like you pics and your unit ideas, but you need to tone them down, or they will end up like the marvel at 300pt+
You are right, I'll revise them to be more appropriate. For the sand concealment power, I was thinking of one of those sidewinder vipers, the ones that live in death valley or the Sahara.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
I shored up my viper army with the fallowing customs Wriggz's D&D Customs

They use existing D&D mini's and really add to the flavor of the viper army.
Those are cool, would you mind allowing them to be posted here, to give some ideas?

Alright, I've seen lots of good ideas, and we now have enough members to create a unit. I need to know what people want, so here is a "poll".
Please either reply or PM me your vote, and anyone can vote in this.
This is just to see what sort of ideas people mainly want, and we will probably combine some of the top votes.
1. Just another "normal" viper.
2 Dessert viper.
3. Anaconda.
4. Underground viper.
5. Spitting viper.

Oh, and Oncara, I can't believe I forgot about the EOV, sorry 'bout that.

Killz is kicking it as...

Ne-Gok-Sa, the original OG and stuff

in the
Perth Keep...

Last edited by Killz; January 28th, 2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old January 28th, 2010, 04:03 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Viper custom creation project UPDATE! VOTE!

How does this sound.

Viper Queen
Ullar
Viper
Unique hero
Queen
Personallity?
Life 6
Move 0
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 2
Points 145
Rise From Below
Viper Queen does not start the game on the battlefield. At the beginning of a round, before placing order markers, you may roll the 20 sided die. If you roll a 1 - 11 nothing happens. If you roll a 12 or higher you may immediately place Viper Queen on any available water space. You may not place Viper Queen on a glyph.
Hatch?
Instead of attacking with Viper Queen you may instead roll the 20 sided die. If you roll a 1 - 6 nothing happens. If you roll a 7 - 15 you may place one of your previously destroyed common viper figures on any available space adjacent to Viper Queen. If you roll a 16 - 19 you may place up to two of your previously destroyed common viper figures on any available spaces adjacent to Viper Queen. If you roll a twenty or higher you may place up to three of your previously destroyed viper figures on any available spaces adjacent to Viper Queen. You may immediately take a turn with the revived figures.

I wanted to give it frenzy but wasn't sure if that would be overpowered.
Sorry, I don't make cards for customs that I don't have a figure for. Let me know what you think.

Old January 28th, 2010, 04:34 PM

Killz is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeman1968 View Post
Elite Oynx Warlord
Viper
U. hero
Warlord
Precise
Med 6

Life 5
Move 7
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 3
Points 120

Evasive 6
when attacked by a non adjacent figure roll an additional 6 defence dice

Slither

Precise Leadership
Any figure you control with a precise personality you can add 1 to your move. Does not apply to Soulborgs or Elite Oynx Warlord

I created this custom with an extra Venoc Warlord and just painted him black. It has a few Synergies: with precise (elite oynx vipers and several range units like AA) and gives another bonding choice for the Armoc Vipers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
How does this sound.

Viper Queen
Ullar
Viper
Unique hero
Queen
Personallity?
Life 6
Move 0
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 2
Points 145
Rise From Below
Viper Queen does not start the game on the battlefield. At the beginning of a round, before placing order markers, you may roll the 20 sided die. If you roll a 1 - 11 nothing happens. If you roll a 12 or higher you may immediately place Viper Queen on any available water space. You may not place Viper Queen on a glyph.
Hatch?
Instead of attacking with Viper Queen you may instead roll the 20 sided die. If you roll a 1 - 6 nothing happens. If you roll a 7 - 15 you may place one of your previously destroyed common viper figures on any available space adjacent to Viper Queen. If you roll a 16 - 19 you may place up to two of your previously destroyed common viper figures on any available spaces adjacent to Viper Queen. If you roll a twenty or higher you may place up to three of your previously destroyed viper figures on any available spaces adjacent to Viper Queen. You may immediately take a turn with the revived figures.

I wanted to give it frenzy but wasn't sure if that would be overpowered.
Sorry, I don't make cards for customs that I don't have a figure for. Let me know what you think.
That sounds Great! Maybe the figure could be a mod and repaint of wo-sa-ga? I'll add this to the poll, because this is something really cool.

Killz is kicking it as...

Ne-Gok-Sa, the original OG and stuff

in the
Perth Keep...
Old January 28th, 2010, 04:38 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I don't actually have Wo-Sa-Ga so that's your call. What do you think for a personallity?

Last edited by Chardar; January 28th, 2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old January 28th, 2010, 07:51 PM

Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness

removed. Don't give a child unfettered access to the internet.

Last edited by Alexandros; June 12th, 2023 at 12:12 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards