Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old December 16th, 2008, 02:35 AM

Thorgrim has disabled reputation
Re: HALP!!

I would also suggest getting RoTV. I originally had the SoTM, and it just sucked to have to be the heroes because they always lost... RoTV is very fair no matter which side you choose.
Old December 16th, 2008, 02:47 AM

joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker

also wave 2 since it was just released. then you can have enven bigger battles!

here, have a cookie ( :: )

A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

Last edited by joe5joe7; December 16th, 2008 at 02:48 AM. Reason: cookie didn't work :(
Old December 16th, 2008, 11:19 AM

NC_Hero is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Halp?

Leeloo Dallas Multi-pass.

- NC_Hero

Last edited by NC_Hero; December 16th, 2008 at 02:49 PM.
Old December 16th, 2008, 11:27 AM

hexplex? knows what's in an order marker hexplex? knows what's in an order marker hexplex? knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Halp?
Old December 18th, 2008, 12:32 AM

Gotezman is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

thanx guys for all the help
Old December 18th, 2008, 12:39 AM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness

As said, correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation are appreciated. Not putting random emoticons in your posts is also.
Old December 18th, 2008, 01:26 AM

Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby!

Welcome to the site gotezman. As usual I shall recommend you read the Forum Rules Thread.

Strong arms and sharp steel rule this world.
Never believe any different.
Old December 18th, 2008, 12:03 PM

SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker

Haha, I love you guys.

My Recent Plays:
Old December 18th, 2008, 12:41 PM

STEALTHRULER is surprisingly tart

Welcome! As the others said, RotV is reccomended. It's the backbone of most heroscape maps. I would also suggest, as others have said, forgotten forest. I would Try to get two. I've only got one, so let me tell you, 5 trees is not enough. 1 bridge is boring. Other than that, but some small expansions. I think waves 1, 2, 3, and 5 are the coolest, but that's just me.

My Customs My Maps
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8-9
Old December 18th, 2008, 03:12 PM

wbdhoc knows what's in an order marker wbdhoc knows what's in an order marker

I am the walrus.

Okay so with xmas coming, I'm guessing cash is short and the advice to starve your credit or bank account buying more product might sound like a doctor telling an amputee to "start growing arms little camper."

The best advice I could offer would be threefold:

1. Stick with the basic set until you outgrow it. Follow the scenarios and perfect your mapmaking until it just won't scratch that itch any more. Although it's true that ROTV has more and arguably better units for a small collection, SOTM does have some awesome campaign rules that would be ideal for solo or two player games.

2. Establish a budget for future purchases and work slowly. Add a master set, then 3-4 boosters. Pretty soon you'll have a competitive collection. There are an array of threads on the site devoted to rating units and even offering suggestions for buying purchases in bulk. Unless you have a local retailer who faithfully stocks plasti-crack (oh yeah--read the glossary of frequently used terms thread), you'll most likely find yourself buying from online distributors like House Mouse.

3. Meantime, don't be scared to integrate existing miniatures as duplicate units or home grown pieces. There are already scores of custom army cards for MageKnight, Heroclix and GW models and even paper minis will do in a pinch (Patrick Crusiau we love thee). Doing so will help you gain an appreciation for the official units and encourage a mastery of the basic rules.

You say goodbye I say Hello.

BANJO WILL GET YOU THROUGH THE TIMES WITH NO MONEY. MONEY CAN'T GET YOU THROUGH THE TIMES WITH NO BANJO.
Old December 18th, 2008, 04:49 PM

Bones Woo who?

Blackbird singing in the dead of night...

Welcome to the site. I would recommend reading the blogs on this site for strategies and general mechanics of the game. As far as figures go, I suggest playing before buying. That being said, I've liked everything I have bought so far. Have fun.
Old December 18th, 2008, 06:03 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

I've Just Seen a Face . . .

Always get multiple sets of commons. I have found that if you're stingy when you buy that first set, you'll just find yourself in a situation later when the sets you're after are unavailable (::Spite does the "grut grumble" :: ).

Oh, and Welcome to the site.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles