Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old February 23rd, 2011, 02:06 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!
S.F. Bay Area — LEGACY TOURNAMENT — March 12

Gentlefolk, it's time for our LEGACY TOURNAMENT.

DATE: Saturday, March 12.
TIME: Start at 11 am; end at approximately 5 pm.

WHERE: EUDEMONIA, at 2154 University Ave, in downtown Berkeley.

PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION: Eudemonia is only a few blocks from the Downtown Berkeley BART Station, which gets a huge thumbs-up. Hop on the train and avoid the hassle of driving!

DRIVING (PARKING): If you're driving, the easiest place to park is in the so-called Allston Way Parking Garage. The address is officially 2061 Allston Way, but ignore that, because that's the address of the exit. The entrance to the parking garage is actually on the other side of the block, on Center Street (where the big green arrow points on the map). Parking here is a flat $5 for the whole day on weekends, which is a bargain for the area.

THEME: We'll be using CornPuff's nifty Legacy pricing for all units. Just download the repricing list, and you're all set. (CornPuff provides both PDF and Excel versions of the list. The former is more streamlined and easy to use, but only gives the new costs. The latter includes the price differential, making it easy to see how much units cost now relative to their original price.)

With the standard tournament units (Rats/Raelin/Knights/4th/etc.) priced significantly higher, and an immense number of never-used-because-too-frakking-expensive units suddenly made competitive because of cheaper costs, I think it will make for a pretty interesting experience. I'm hoping we'll see units in play that normally never see the light of day. Wolves of Badru, Templar Cavalry, Fyorlag Spiders, Deepwyrm Drow, Elite Onyx Vipers, Einar Imperium, Roman Archers, and Gorillinators at a tourney? Yes please!

We'll also be providing valuable feedback. This will be the Legacy system's first tournament testing, and our results will help CornPuff to further fine-tune the pricing structure. So come make Heroscape history.

Army size: 465 points.
Restrictions: no Marvel.

FORMAT: Swiss-style tournament (every player gets to play every round, no knock-outs). Four or five rounds, depending on time. Points earned per round = points of your army remaining + points of your opponent's army killed (with fractional scoring for squads, but not heroes).

PRIZES:
Two complete Fortress of the Archkyrie sets sit unopened on my shelf, waiting for the grand day. One will go to the VICTOR. The other will go to whoever is determined by secret ballot to have been the BEST SPORT.

BRING:
  • One army (465 Legacy points, not to exceed 24 hexes).
  • Dice, order markers, wound markers, and something to roll your dice in.
  • Pen/pencil and index card with your name, forum handle (if any), and army composition.
  • Your appetite for destruction, tempered only by your exquisite sense of sportsmanship and your eagerness to cheer for others .

ATTENDEES (giveth but the word, and lo shalt thine name be inscribed in fine list below):
  1. Typhon2222
  2. Berkeley John
  3. Berkeley Paul
  4. Berkeley Rune
  5. Berkeley Alan
  6. Serenity
  7. CyborgJustin (reigning NorCal Heroscape Champion)
  8. RoninValentina
  9. Menchi
  10. Robotunit197
  11. Killz
  12. Utgars Servant

MAPS:

QUICKSILVER FANE by yours truly
Requires: some swamp and jungle and pillars and road.
Provided by: Typhon2222
Glyphs: 2x Dagmar (+8 initiative).

DON'T WALK, RUN v2.0 by Darkmage7a
Requires: 1 RotV, 1 FotA, 1 VW.
Glyphs: 2x Dagmar (+8 initiative).

RISING FEVER by RoninValentina
Requires: 1 SotM, 1 BftU, 1 VW, 1 TJ.
Glyphs: 2x Valda (+2 movement).

STONY PASS by Killometer
Requires: 2 BftU, 2 RttFF.
Glyphs: none.

UNDERGROUND ICEWAYS by 1Mmirg
Requires: 1 BftU, 1 FotA, 1 TT.
Glyphs: 2x Wannok (wound).
Notes: normal snow, normal ice (no movement penalty).

BLINDGATE by mad_wookiee
Requires: 1 SotM, 1 BftU, 1 TJ.
Glyphs: 2x Valda (+2 movement), 2x Wannok (wound).
Notes: no unit may shoot, see, or fly over the central void — imagine it as an infinitely tall wall which blocks both LoS and flight.

NOTE ON FOOD: Eudemonia has a no-outside-food policy. But they do stock a wide variety of snacks, so bring a couple of bucks to tide you through the afternoon. Note that Downtown Berkeley features one of the densest concentrations of eateries in the country, so you'll have absolutely no problem finding something yummy before/after the tourney.

THANKS GO OUT TO:
  • My wife Stephanie (who indulgently labelled the map of Berkeley above).
  • RoninValentina, Killometer, and CMgames, for organizing our last tourney.
  • CornPuff, for his alternative unit cost system.
  • EUDEMONIA — thanks for hosting us!

Did I forget anything? If so, holler.

Last edited by Typhon2222; March 11th, 2011 at 01:48 PM.
Old February 23rd, 2011, 03:56 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: S.F. Bay Area — LEGACY TOURNAMENT — March 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Gentlefolk, it's time for our LEGACY TOURNAMENT.

DATE: Saturday, March 12.
TIME: Start at 11 am; end at approximately 5 or 6 pm.

WHERE: EUDEMONIA, at 2154 University Ave, in downtown Berkeley.

PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION: Eudemonia is only a few blocks from the Downtown Berkeley BART Station, which gets a huge thumbs-up. Hop on the train and avoid the hassle of driving!

DRIVING (PARKING): If you're driving, the easiest place to park is in the so-called Allston Way Parking Garage. The address is officially 2061 Allston Way, but ignore that, because that's the address of the exit. The entrance to the parking garage is actually on the other side of the block, on Center Street (where the big green arrow points on the map). Parking here is a flat $5 on weekends, which is a bargain for the area.

THEME: We'll be using CornPuff's nifty Legacy pricing for all units. Just download the repricing list from there, and you're all set. (CornPuff provides both PDF and Excel versions of the list. The former is more streamlined and easy to use, but only gives the new costs. The latter includes the price differential, making it easy to see how much units cost now relative to their original price.)

With the standard tournament units (Rats/Raelin/Knights/4th/etc.) priced significantly higher, and an immense number of never-used-because-too-frakking-expensive units suddenly made competitive because of cheaper costs, I think it will make for a pretty interesting experience. I'm hoping we'll see units in play that normally never see the light of day. Wolves of Badru, Templar Cavalry, Fyorlag Spiders, Deepwyrm Drow, Elite Onyx Vipers, Einar Imperium, Roman Archers, and Gorillinators at a tourney? Yes please!

We'll also be providing valuable feedback. This will be the Legacy system's first tournament testing, and our results will help CornPuff to further fine-tune the pricing structure. So come make Heroscape history.

Army size: 465 points.

FORMAT: Swiss-style tournament (every player gets to play every round, no knock-outs). Four or five rounds, depending on time. Points earned = points killed (with fractional scoring for squads, but not heroes).

PRIZE: To the victor goes one complete Fortress of the Archkyrie set, new in box.

BRING:
  • One army (465 points, not to exceed 24 hexes).
  • Dice, order markers, wound markers.
  • Index card with your name, forum handle, and army composition.
  • Your appetite for destruction, tempered only by your exquisite sense of sportsmanship and your fondness for cheering others along.

ATTENDEES (giveth the word, and lo shalt thine name be inscribed in fine list below):
  1. Typhon2222
  2. Berkeley John
MAPS: --will be announced soon--

NOTE ON FOOD: Eudemonia has a no-outside-food policy. But they do stock a wide variety of snacks, so bring a couple of bucks to tide you through the afternoon. Note that Downtown Berkeley features one of the densest concentrations of eateries in the country, so you'll have absolutely no problem finding something yummy before/after the tourney.

THANKS TO:
  • My wife Stephanie (who indulgently made the map above).
  • RoninValentina, Killometer, and CMgames, for organizing our last tourney.
  • EUDEMONIA — thanks for hosting us!
Did I forget anything? If so, holler.
Well met!

Unless you send the chartered plane . . .
Old February 23rd, 2011, 05:39 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'll check with my wife to see if I am free to attend. I'll let you know.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old February 23rd, 2011, 06:52 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Sadly, I am a definite no.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old February 23rd, 2011, 07:02 PM

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Sadly, I am a definite no.
<shakes his little fist at real life>
Old February 23rd, 2011, 10:51 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Verily, I sayeth here that two of my clan shall strive to their utmost to brave the perils of the road in order to attend this tournament in your fair land. May the names Serenity and CyborgJustin be entered into the lists. Indeed CyborgJustin, he who is otherwise known across the lands as the reigning NorCal Heroscape Champion has given his nod of approval and may the day prove providential for the battles to come between esteemed foes.
In other words, we should be there!
Old February 24th, 2011, 12:11 AM

Robotunit197 knows what's in an order marker Robotunit197 knows what's in an order marker

I'll see what I can do. March 12th is pretty bad for me, but I'll try my best. Put me down for maybe.
Old February 24th, 2011, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
I'll check with my wife to see if I am free to attend. I'll let you know.

~Z
Great cmgames, we'll keep fingers crossed, and pray for conjugal indulgence.
Old February 24th, 2011, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
Verily, I sayeth here that two of my clan shall strive to their utmost to brave the perils of the road in order to attend this tournament in your fair land. May the names Serenity and CyborgJustin be entered into the lists. Indeed CyborgJustin, he who is otherwise known across the lands as the reigning NorCal Heroscape Champion has given his nod of approval and may the day prove providential for the battles to come between esteemed foes.
In other words, we should be there!
Not THE CyborgJustin of renown?! <gasp>
Verily and forsooth, such lofty martial presence spelleth disaster for mine plans at winning yon tournament.

Glad you two can make it!
Old February 24th, 2011, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotunit197 View Post
I'll see what I can do. March 12th is pretty bad for me, but I'll try my best. Put me down for maybe.
Done Robo! I know you said you had tennis obligations on those Saturdays, which was a bummer to hear. May it work out nonetheless.
Old February 24th, 2011, 12:32 AM

Robotunit197 knows what's in an order marker Robotunit197 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotunit197 View Post
Done Robo! I know you said you had tennis obligations on those Saturdays, which was a bummer to hear. May it work out nonetheless.
Yeah, I so hoped it would be a Sunday. I even have my army picked out. Maybe I can leave my brother to the tennis and skip out for some 'scape .
Old February 24th, 2011, 01:30 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You should get this up on the Events Calendar for next month.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events