Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old December 22nd, 2011, 11:47 PM
The Little Warforged That Could

Izner knows what's in an order marker Izner knows what's in an order marker Izner knows what's in an order marker
Re: Heroscape's Very First ONLINE Tournament!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izner View Post
I'll never forget C7, The little warforged that could... Well, until he made the Hydra upset, at least.
Hah hah hah, that's a great line.

If you're ever given a forum title, Izner, I hope it's "The little Warforged that could." Title gods, are you listening?!
I'd wear it with pride

Old December 22nd, 2011, 11:49 PM

bamoguy knows what's in an order marker bamoguy knows what's in an order marker bamoguy knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izner View Post
I'll never forget C7, The little warforged that could... Well, until he made the Hydra upset, at least.
Hah hah hah, that's a great line.

If you're ever given a forum title, Izner, I hope it's "The little Warforged that could." Title gods, are you listening?!
Are those the text under people's username? I always wondered what that was!

Play Minecraft or video games? Check out Blu.Dot Productions on Youtube
Play 40K? Check out Bamogames on Youtube
Old December 22nd, 2011, 11:55 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

By the way, in the random glyph maps, my opinion is that we should place the glyphs face-up before placing armies. If there's a dispute over sides, I suggest dicing off d20s, and the winner picks the side and places their army first.

For my rationale, read this.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 11:59 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Dok, I'm honored that you picked me for a win in the next round, but somehow I know that I'm going to get a bunch of Hawthorne/Brunak versions of those blasted AE rolls from Cheyenne. You remember that, yes? 'Cause I'm never gonna let that go.
Old December 23rd, 2011, 12:20 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
By the way, in the random glyph maps, my opinion is that we should place the glyphs face-up before placing armies. If there's a dispute over sides, I suggest dicing off d20s, and the winner picks the side and places their army first.

For my rationale, read this.
I disagree(Though you know I would) The rules of the game are clear that glyphs are to be face down and random. Nothing was mentioned about Glyphs being placed face up at the start of this tournament. If players "Agree" to play the face up, then I guess they can do so. But should a dispute over it, it should go to how the original rules state to play them.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old December 23rd, 2011, 12:43 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
The rules of the game are clear that glyphs are to be face down and random.
That's not true, and I'm not sure why you thought it was. The rules are clear on this point, but not in the way you say: "glyphs are placed on top of battlefield spaces either power-side up or symbol-side up." That's a direct quote from the first sentence of the section on glyphs.

Even if you missed that, I've paged through scenario after scenario in the various terrain packs and master sets, and I can't find a single one with a random glyph. Rather, we have game after game with face-up, nonrandom glyphs. I actually can't find a single example that could have given you the idea that the rules intend for glyphs to be face-down, much less that face down is the only way to play.

Quote:
Nothing was mentioned about Glyphs being placed face up at the start of this tournament.
We called out the glyphs for every game at the beginning of the event. It seems pretty obvious that that means nonrandom glyphs in the context of each game.

Moreover, for any game with the Kelda glyph, the glyphs have to be face up, by rule, because otherwise you have the situation where an unwounded figure moves onto the Kelda glyph (which is not allowed). It seems extremely irregular to go with power side up when on a map with Kelda, but symbol-side up the rest of the time.

Basically, the only way to have the tournament have consistent rules is to have the glyphs face-up all the time.

Last edited by dok; December 23rd, 2011 at 01:03 AM.
Old December 23rd, 2011, 02:16 AM

Megapower999 knows what's in an order marker Megapower999 knows what's in an order marker

Sorry to not jump the gun, but I can't start early. I just built "Paved with good intentions", and I don't want to take it down...
(I'm also going to visit some relatives, but that's besides the point.)
Old December 23rd, 2011, 03:18 AM

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
The rules of the game are clear that glyphs are to be face down and random.
That's not true, and I'm not sure why you thought it was. The rules are clear on this point, but not in the way you say: "glyphs are placed on top of battlefield spaces either power-side up or symbol-side up." That's a direct quote from the first sentence of the section on glyphs.

Even if you missed that, I've paged through scenario after scenario in the various terrain packs and master sets, and I can't find a single one with a random glyph. Rather, we have game after game with face-up, nonrandom glyphs. I actually can't find a single example that could have given you the idea that the rules intend for glyphs to be face-down, much less that face down is the only way to play.

Quote:
Nothing was mentioned about Glyphs being placed face up at the start of this tournament.
We called out the glyphs for every game at the beginning of the event. It seems pretty obvious that that means nonrandom glyphs in the context of each game.

Moreover, for any game with the Kelda glyph, the glyphs have to be face up, by rule, because otherwise you have the situation where an unwounded figure moves onto the Kelda glyph (which is not allowed). It seems extremely irregular to go with power side up when on a map with Kelda, but symbol-side up the rest of the time.

Basically, the only way to have the tournament have consistent rules is to have the glyphs face-up all the time.
I believe the Face up or Face Down quote is based on if a glyph like Kelda is present(having to be face up.) Why would you ever place Pit Trap face up?

Scenarios are pre-made for players, there to Guide them.

Personally I actually don't like Glyphs in tournament play at all, but if we must play with them, Then I am a believer it should be face down.(Except Kelda)

Old December 23rd, 2011, 09:29 AM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I prefer face up glyphs.
Old December 23rd, 2011, 09:47 AM

At what point Benji, Face up before armies are placed? after armies are placed?

Old December 23rd, 2011, 10:08 AM

Phil Hellmuth once famously said "If there was no luck in poker, I'd win every time"

Old December 23rd, 2011, 12:14 PM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
At what point Benji, Face up before armies are placed? after armies are placed?
Either is ok with me.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events