Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old October 10th, 2018, 10:41 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Pinhead (In Sanctum Playtesting)

If people want it to work, we can just go with this:
Quote:
DENIZENS OF HELL
After revealing an Order Marker on a Slasher or Tormentor card in your army, instead of taking a turn with that card, you may roll 3 combat dice. Take a turn with up to X Slasher or Tormentor figures you control, where X equals the number of skulls rolled, and you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.
I haven't tested with the Fire Demons, so it wouldn't change anything thus far, but it will dampen the effectiveness of squads in favor of more options overall when choosing what figures to use I suppose.
Old October 10th, 2018, 11:20 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I think I can give him a spin on Sunday if this Blood Demon thing gets ironed out.

I am going to need a Pinhead for Dummies course though.
I would appreciate a couple army builds and suggestions for opposing armies and a quick overview of how best to run the Slashers.
Hopefully I can assemble the cards and figures and get the map ready over the next couple days and knock out the tests Sunday.
Old October 10th, 2018, 11:54 AM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I'm fine going the route I last suggested with the figures taking turns. It's in line with Asgardians and Martian Manhunter, only including squad figures which should be fine.

As for armies:

Pinhead (335), Slashers (665) (1,000)
vs.
Nightwing(200), Starfire(210), Raven(190), Super Boy(240), Red Robin(160) (1,000)

Pinhead (335), Jason(175), Chucky(85), Leatherface(95), Malice(300) (990)
vs.
Frankenstein(320), Living Mummy(200), Lizard(200), Werewolf(Jacob)(270) (990)

Strategy would be to lead with some Slashers/Malice until some Slashers have fallen. Once one or two are destroyed, move Pinhead in to get within range for Hellraiser to start taking off wounds. You can also activate Pinhead and use Hooked Chains, targeting those with lower remaining life. Order Markers should go on whoever is the least likely to be destroyed, then use Denizens of Hell to hopefully net multi-turns. If the OM is revealed on Malice, you can use her bubble suffocation.
Old October 10th, 2018, 12:07 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Cool. Thanks. Slayers are 665? That is pretty awesome.
Freddy, Jason. Michael, Chucky, Leatherface?
I get Jason. Chucky and Michael look fairly straightforward. How does Freddy fit in?
Old October 10th, 2018, 12:14 PM

Yep, they just happened to come out to 665.

Freddy can go a couple different routes. You can have him attempt to wound a leader figure or hard to wound figure, at the risk of being pulled out and getting dominated. Or you can have him pick on someone left behind and less likely to get to him if he does get pulled out. With Pinhead, I think having Freddy go all out on a key figure is warranted, as he can be revived by Hellraiser if killed, making it not as risky. So it's best to get a turn in for Freddy as early as possible each round to go for the ones warranting the biggest gain.

So for game 1, which has Freddy, I'd focus Freddy's efforts on Nightwing > Starfire > Raven > Superboy > Red Robin in that order of preference. I've seen Freddy get lucky and roll some blanks or skulls in succession, and I've seen him whiff right out of the gate and get neutered. Another benefit to running him with Pinhead, would be softening up a foe with another Slasher, and having Freddy finish the enemy figure off to get back onto his card.
Old October 10th, 2018, 12:24 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I'll probably avoid using Freddy in my games - others are using him, he seems a bit complex to play and I've never used him, so I'll focus on Slashers I'm more familiar with.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 10th, 2018, 12:30 PM

That's fine. He's actually quite simple, but no harm in leaving him out of yours. If you're wanting the Demons more represented, I'd include them in both your games so we have them covered and accounted for. Best strategy with them would be to swarm I'd imagine.

If Tornado runs those suggested armies, we'd have:
Fantastic Four x 2
Fighters/Crime Fighters
Mutants
Titans
Creatures

Then whatever you and Scape run them against can add to it for a solid range tested. A game against Ninjas/Assassins would probably be good and I know that's your comfort zone which is probably best when dealing with so many new figures on Pinhead's side.
Old October 10th, 2018, 12:36 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
That's fine. He's actually quite simple, but no harm in leaving him out of yours. If you're wanting the Demons more represented, I'd include them in both your games so we have them covered and accounted for. Best strategy with them would be to swarm I'd imagine.

If Tornado runs those suggested armies, we'd have:
Fantastic Four x 2
Fighters/Crime Fighters
Mutants
Titans
Creatures

Then whatever you and Scape run them against can add to it for a solid range tested. A game against Ninjas/Assassins would probably be good and I know that's your comfort zone which is probably best when dealing with so many new figures on Pinhead's side.
Yeah, I'm also thinking that if everyone else is going to be testing the full Slasher build it's probably best if I do something a tad different. I know what other people are doing so I can cover different bases!

I'm not actually a super-massive fan of the Ninjas/Assassins - I've just been testing TMNT and Mortal Kombat units so often that they've gone in by default! I do quite like them, though, so if that's a specific request I'm happy to run with it (I'd probably have been more likely to go with a Kingpin vII build if we're talking about Assassins, left to my own devices). The Turtles definitely are one of my testing go-tos, but a part of that is how well they fit for lower points games, which I'm not feeling for Pinhead.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 10th, 2018, 12:44 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

If it's intended that Denizens of Hell can activate Freddy's Coming For You, then Freddy is amazing and a key card for this build as he gives you free auto-wound chances on bonding activations, plus he gets some early targeted attacks on the figure of your choice, then starts the return process from Pinhead's card very quickly.

If that's not intended, then I'd still probably drop a couple early OMs on Freddy in the hope of infiltrating the SZ, at which point I could start activating him with Pinhead. Much less powerful, obviously, but still effective on longer maps or maps with lots of LoS blockers.
Old October 10th, 2018, 12:49 PM

It is intended that you can use Freddy's Coming for You, which is why I have you able to take a turn with a Slasher in your army rather than just one that you control, and that's how I tested it. Never Sleep Again would require the OM to be on his card however, if he wants to heal or get back onto his card when unengaged.

I tested with him in all 4 of my games. I believe at least everyone else is testing with him in at least one of their games. With dok's comments, @Lazy Orang you probably want to ensure he makes it into at least one of your games as well.

I'm glad you feel he's a key part to the build, because he's one of the ones I felt was a bit underwhelming on his own, unless paired with someone who could bail him out when pulled onto the board, which was only Cosmo strangely enough. So him working super well with Pinhead is much better, and out of all the Slashers/Tormentors, he'd be the most thematically tied to Pinhead as a fellow Sadistic Demon that loves to torture.
Old October 10th, 2018, 01:00 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I assumed that was the intention from the wording here. We can test it that way; the issue should be addressed in Freddy's thread.
Old October 10th, 2018, 05:05 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I don't have time to read the last page of posts right now but I barely finished this test so I want to post it before I have to run.

Quote:
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Pinhead

Army Test
Map: Grundy’s Grave
Units: Pinhead (335), Michael Myers, Chucky, Leatherface, Valkyrie, and Malice (1300) vs. Nick Fury, Commander Rogers, Scarlet Spiders, SHIELD Agents x2, Hawkeye I, Chun-Li, Dum Dum Dugan, and Ant Man (Eric O’Grady) (1300).
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Grundy’s Grave
Units: Pinhead (335), Michael Myers, Jason Voorhees, Freddy Krueger, and Chucky (905) vs. Donatello, Raphael, Michelangelo, Leonardo, and Scorpion (Hanzo Hasashi) (905).
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Pinhead draws heavy fire against teams with the ability to deliver it. The Helicarrier Drop Team from Game 1 was able to focus down Pinhead and his bodyguard without extreme trouble.

Wow, was Game 2 much better for the Slashers. They decimated the Turtles here, though they did suffer a lot of damage and it could have gone a lot differently with a few just-slightly-better dice rolls. That all said, Pinhead really brings the Slashers together and is well worth his while. The risk of 0 turns is huge, though, so I’d consider bringing him down to 305 or 315.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Pinhead got wrecked in Game 1. It was feeling close for awhile thanks to the Slashers “we’re never really out” vibe, which brings a fun and new feel to the army. I’d never used Malice before but this army build gave me a good reason to show off her power. Pinhead was hard focused after Valkyrie by the Agents, and man does it hurt hard when you roll 0 skulls for Denizens of Hell. That said, rolling 3 skulls is super rewarding.

The Slashers really feel like a unique army and I love that. All of the units do things you don’t see every day, and when they come together in harmony it feels great. Excellent job with these.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library