Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 20th, 2013, 07:56 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Wolfsbane - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Sweet. Nice to have two of these running at once now. Gees, only 3 pages and ready for an initial? Quite the contrast with the public designs.
If we ever needed proof that moving one design thread from public to here was a good idea, well, in the words of the Hip Hop group Tag Team, "Whomp! There it is!"

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old February 20th, 2013, 09:59 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Sweet. Nice to have two of these running at once now. Gees, only 3 pages and ready for an initial? Quite the contrast with the public designs.
Haha, it helps that this is a fairly simple design that went through some revisions a couple times.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old February 20th, 2013, 11:10 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Quote:
Haha, it helps that this is a fairly simple design that went through some revisions a couple times.
It also helps that we're such a tight knit group that can work together to come to a mutually beneficial end product
Old February 21st, 2013, 03:46 AM
Nom Nom Nom ...

Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

C3G team building links.
Old February 21st, 2013, 12:21 PM

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Here are the ERBs:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl
Wolfsbane

Like Duran Duran, I'm hungry like the wolf to review... Wolfsbane!

Blood Tracking
Theme check: would you want the wounded figure to be within 4 clear sight spaces of Wolfsbane?

It may not be necessary to state "While moving." I know Supergirl states "When using the Flying special power," but that describes a specific type of movement.

I like abilities that have a conditional movement boost, and it certainly fits this design well.

Devastating Pounce Special Attack
Ah, nice variant of the Wolves of Badru! That card doesn't indicate whether or not those figures would take engagement strikes. I think the default is that they would. It's nice to have it spelled out here, because I need all the help I can get.

Actually, I think the C3G default is to specify engagement strikes. Thanks, C3G!!!

Keep the Faith
Nice mind control counter.

I was going to ask if you needed to explicitly add something like "to prevent the opponent from taking control of Wolfsbane," but your inclusion of the word instead should keep the rules lawyers at bay.

Final Thoughts
The Devastating Pounce pairs very well with the Blood Tracking, and the Pounce is a great variant of a Classic ability.

Keep the Faith is a neat ability that I can see being used in other designs as a more limited version of Mental Shield.

Nice design!
Clear sight was giving us some verbiage trouble, and thematically, she's tracking by scent and not sight.

While moving is based on the Classic 'Scape Brave Arrow precedent. I'll see what the others think though.

Hopefully 'instead' is enough, but again, I'll defer to the wording experts.

Thanks again,

TB
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn
Good design. Everything looks good to me except Keep The Faith. That's a cool mechanic, but I just don't get the them behind removing an OM allowing you to keep control of Wolfsbane.
The theme, as I see it, is her strong religious convictions allowing her to remain true to who she is, with the OM removal representing the internal struggle. It distracts her momentarily, but she is able to keep control of herself.

Thanks!

Old February 21st, 2013, 09:52 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I didnt get an ERB.

My only comment, (and I know I think I may have been the first to suggest that her tracking power lead into her pounce), is that now I'm questioning her speed.

Given ideal situations (and I know ideal is key here) she could cover 12 spaces in one turn. That's Flash speed! Maybe her regular move should drop to 5? I know it's not a huge difference, but I kind of feel like getting places won't be a problem for her anyway.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old February 21st, 2013, 10:00 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, I could see that. With Blood Tracking, she could have a move of 8 right now even without the pounce. I don't mind seeing that drop to 7.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 21st, 2013, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
I didnt get an ERB.

My only comment, (and I know I think I may have been the first to suggest that her tracking power lead into her pounce), is that now I'm questioning her speed.

Given ideal situations (and I know ideal is key here) she could cover 12 spaces in one turn. That's Flash speed! Maybe her regular move should drop to 5? I know it's not a huge difference, but I kind of feel like getting places won't be a problem for her anyway.
I didn't think we sent the design out to every ERB member.

Given that, like you said, it requires an ideal situation, I don't have a problem with her speed. Flash can actually move 16 spaces in one turn, and we already have units like Banshee who can move 9 spaces and Batman (Terry) who can move 10. However, I also don't have a problem with 5 base move, since it'll encourage more uses of her SA. I'll go ahead and make that change.

Old February 21st, 2013, 10:09 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I typically send them out to everyone these days.

Old February 25th, 2013, 10:54 PM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Wolfsbane

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit too powerful or too weak.
Pass, all the Mutant synergies but nothing stronger here than any other Mutie.

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Pass

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Pass

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Pass

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass

Heavy Hitter or Mid-Level Hero Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No?
Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? 140
- Give a brief overview. Not a great showing here, but 1-on-1 matchups are not her best spot.

Spoiler Alert!

Squad Test
Yes
- Give a brief overview. A whiffed Pounce really hurt Wolfsbane here.

Map: Song of the Walrus
Units: Lexcorp Security x1 (130)
Spoiler Alert!

Squad Test
Yes
- Give a brief overview. Better Pounce, but two bad Defense rolls.

Units: Lexcorp Security x1 (130)
Spoiler Alert!

Squad Test
Yes
- Give a brief overview. Pounce got these guys one by one.

Units: Gorilla City Warriors x1 (125)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 1
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes.
- What should be the unit's point value? 140-150
- Give a brief overview.Big win for the Muties, but all of the credit there goes to Omega Red and Marrow. Things looked bad at first when Firestar went down fast, but Red and Marrow took the bridge, knocked the glyph away from Red Skull, and then just went nuts. Marrow took down the Agents left right and Red went after Skull. Wolfsbane ran out and got a couple turns, but the game was won by the other Mutants.
Map: Country Road

Units: Wolfsbane (140), Professor X (220), Omega Red (300), Marrow (220), Firestar (120) (1,000) VS Hydra Agents x3, (240), Red Skull (220), Baron Strucker (210), Juggernaut (340) (1,010)

Unit Summary:
Damage: 1 Hydra Agent.
Blood Tracking: Used 2 times.
Devastating Pounce: 2 times.
Keep the Faith: No effect.

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes
- Give a brief overview.Wolfsbane didn't do a ton here, but she did help tie up Lightning Lad for Bishop.
Map: Ivy's Greenhouse

Units: Wolfsbane (140), Mastermind (90), Bishop (170), Rogue (300), Armor (100) (800) VS Cosmic Boy (260), Saturn Girl (220), Lightning Lad (180), Brainiac 5 (130) (790)

Unit Summary:
Damage: 2 wounds to Lightning Lad.
Blood Tracking: Used 0 times.
Devastating Pounce: 1 time.
Keep the Faith: No effect.

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 3
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes
- Give a brief overview.MODOK's rolls were great here, and that just left the Multiple Men with nothing to do. Wolfsbane got a few turns, once again being used to tie up a unit, this time Deathstroke. She missed her only Pounce roll, or else she might have been able to do some more damage. Had MODOK failed Design Only for Killing a couple more times, or had Wolfsbane's Pounce roll been better, things could have been a different story here for the Mutants, but it was just not their game.
Map: Custom (highway themed map by Viegon)

Units: Wolfsbane (140), Strong Guy (215), Siryn (140), Multiple Man x7 (210) (705) VS MODOK (360), Deathstroke (280), Trickster (65) (705)

Unit Summary:
Damage: 2 wounds to Deathstroke.
Blood Tracking: Used 1 time.
Devastating Pounce: 1 time.
Keep the Faith: No direct effect, MODOK just went with Designed Only for Killing to wound her and Multiple Man.

Spoiler Alert!

Wolfsbane didn't do a ton in these games, but she filled her role nicely and, had the dice been more in her favor, she could have swung a couple of these games. A few more skulls on her Pounce in game 3 really would have helped. As it was, she was solid but not spectacular. However, the potential is there with Devastating Pounce, especially against commons, which she didn't face a lot of here.

I got good use out of both Blood Tracking and her SA. I like the way the two play together and I found her enjoyable to play. The only power that didn't really come into effect was Keep the Faith, but I suspect it will rarely come into direct play. Most often, mind control units will either target someone else or attack instead. As a theme power, I'm fine with it having a smaller effect, and I'm sure it will be of more use against units like Puppet Master.

I can see Wolfsbane swinging 10 points either way, but I feel comfortable moving her forward at 140.

Old February 26th, 2013, 12:47 AM

Re: The Book of Wolfsbane - Initial Posted

Honestly, she looks like 130 to me, but I'm willing to see what she does in playtesting at 140, if that's your preference. Pre-yea to Playtesting.

Old February 26th, 2013, 01:20 AM

Re: The Book of Wolfsbane - Initial Posted

I'd be fine with either. I felt like she could easily end up at 130, but she also has the potential to be more around 150 when she's rolling well or in the right match-ups. The Mutants should have had the second game, with Bishop and Mastermind against Brainiac 5, but he got lucky and took them out. The third game was more of a fun, thematic army and MODOK ended up being a rough match-up for the Mutants.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library