Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 8th, 2022, 02:59 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Reed Richards (Visionary) - Playtesting

The way I see it, not a big step down, but I think it's got an extra hoop to it that's not really worth the extra on the fly benefit? It requires taking a turn with Reed. Yes, on a win you could take a turn with Iron Man(if you drafted him) instead, but not on a loss, and not once Iron Man is destroyed(which happens fairly quickly). You then will always be risking your OM1 on Reed, so if you lose initiative or you're lacking Iron Man, he's left quite vulnerable.

Conversely, Contingency Plan just lets you place them wherever is best, and if they drop, you move them to the next best option. In Illuminati builds, generally you want them all on Strange anyway as he's the sturdiest. So a ton of flux really isn't all that important here. A safety net is all that's really needed, and Oracle has always proven her worth there.

All is to say, the Contingency aspect really isn't something that needs fixing. Def. didn't feel in my games it needed adjusting at all. It's the glyph aspect that's been in question, and that's where it either goes to a simpler version and moved to the first power, or stays as-is.
Old September 8th, 2022, 04:03 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Just talking out loud -

I feel like making Reed have a more active role in an Illuminati build isn't exactly a bad thing. Reed, Tony, and later T'Challa always feel like the "main characters" of the team to me. Tony and T'Challa already have very active roles in the faction, so giving Reed one too would be kinda cool.

However, I don't think the Master Tactician theme is perfect here. MT has always given me a Steve Rogers "battlefield tactics" feel, while Contingency Plan has more of a "I planned for this and outsmarted you" feel. I think that second one is what we should be aiming for with Reed.

So overall I feel like it creates more interesting (though not necessarily more competitive) gameplay, but it's maybe a little off in the theme department?

---

If the unblockables aren't feeling perfect, I do think some streamlining, like Ark suggested, would be nice. If I'm being honest, Fantastic Contingency is feeling fairly unwieldy as a power, so simplifying it would be really nice.
Old September 8th, 2022, 04:11 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It's a cool interplay between Iron Man and a Cap power, but it'd mean that if you win initiative, you must reveal the X on Iron Man, or you lose your BP bonding that turn, and Professor X is going to want that X. Contingency has given me the comfort to place OM 1 on Iron Man, which is thematic, and has worked out well.

I also tend to gravitate toward glyphs that don't get lost due to wounds anyway, like the Teleportation Belt and Anti-Kryptonite suit.
And if wounds cause the trigger, that opens the door for some cheese. Say I Dimension Shift your figure into engagement with an Equipped figure to trigger Fending Daggers, then I Dimension Shift my figure away from your figure to risk an LEA on my figure, which, if it takes one, that risks an unblockable on your figure. Or I use Iron Man's AOE attack to risk unblockables on my figures for the same deal.

So I'm fine staying the course.
Old September 16th, 2022, 07:14 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This is the preferred change? Plain Contingency Plan, moving the glyph part to Visionary Theoretician and opening it up to anytime the glyph is lost, but limiting it to only that glyph?
Quote:
VISIONARY THEORETICIAN
Start the game with 4 Invention Equipment Glyphs of different types in a Glyph Pool, power-side up. After winning initiative, you may choose a glyph from Reed Richard's Glyph Pool and place it onto the card of a Visionary you control, or onto the card of a friendly adjacent Unique Hero. When a figure would lose that glyph, before removing it from a figure's card, you may roll an unblockable attack die against a figure on or within 1 space of that glyph.

ELONGATION
Before moving Reed Richards normally, you may subtract up to 8 from his Move number to add that to his Range number for this turn. If you subtract at least 4, he also gains the Flying special power during that movement. Reed never takes any leaving engagement attacks and may attack non-adjacent figures while engaged.

CONTINGENCY PLAN
While Reed Richards is in play, when an Army Card you control has all of its figures destroyed, you may immediately remove any unrevealed Order Markers from that card and place them on any other card you control.
Old September 16th, 2022, 07:29 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I can support that. Hopefully it reaches a middle ground where both the LD and the general group are happy.
Old September 16th, 2022, 07:39 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Seems like where a lot of folks were at, yeah. I admittedly have not been following closely.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 16th, 2022, 07:42 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice
Old September 16th, 2022, 09:49 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I like the clarity of the unblockable happening before the glyph goes flying away. It looks like you can have it hit an opponent who picks up a loose glyph and then looses it. A good way to discourage your opponent from using your tech against you. That extra W might finish them!
Old September 16th, 2022, 10:43 PM
Casing the Corners

Updated the SP
Old September 16th, 2022, 10:54 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Baller.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 9th, 2022, 07:23 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Reed Richards
VERSION TESTED
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Elm Street.
Units: Reed, Strange, Xavier, Stark (1,000) vs Skrull Emperor (300), Super Skrull (340), Skrull Warriors (110)x3, Skrull Infiltrators (10)x3 (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Elm Street.
Units: Reed, T’Challa, McCoy, Strange, Final Ruin, Temporal Inversion, Mesmerize (1,000) vs Professor X (190), Cyclops (II) (240), Angel (90), Psylocke (250), Nightcrawler (AoA) (230) (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Reed himself worked fine. I whiffed a metric ton on both games and the luck was not there. The glyphs are fun and a lot of Inventions serve as excellent counters to things, so it really helps Reed feel leadery in that he gets the Illuminati to meet whatever challenge they are facing. Elongation is a really nice power that’s guaranteed some use, especially if you held him back and now he needs to get somewhere. Contingency Plan makes a ton of sense and is useful for the Illuminati. Stats are just okay, but Reed isn’t a powerhouse. The games were abysmally bad, but Reed was probably about the second best performer overall, so I’d say cost is good. Maybe another 210, so he's swappable with T'Challa, but 220 feels fine.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Good unit that does well for the faction. The toys are fun, but like many Illuminati designs, the payoff stacks with winning initiative and is punishing when you don’t. The main problem is I am apparently crap at playing Illuminati.
Old October 10th, 2022, 12:09 AM
Casing the Corners

I played as the opponent in the above games. The Illuminati inflicted 3 total wounds each game.

Game 1 shows that Black Panther would have been a much better draft than Reed at 10 points less. It would have given the team turn efficiency that could better compete against the very efficient Skrulls, and it would allow Prof X to best use his Mental Blast.
Reed mostly just preserved Order Markers of his friends being mowed down.

Game 2 I used a Cyclops (II) and Prof X (Visionary) team I had tested Xavier in. It’s a nasty army normally, but I didn’t think about Cyclops’ initiative boost until the game started.
The X-Men’s +6 beat the Illuminati’s +3 (and potential re-roll) almost every time, so while the Illuminati were knee-capped, Xavier was cloaking the X-Men. Again, Reed mostly just preserved Order Markers of his friends being mowed down.

I’m going to call back to @Ericth74 ’s thoughts about being closer to 200. I think in Reed’s ideal build, he competes with Beast in terms of value, and doesn’t against Black Panther. Would like to see more tests. Could be one at 210 and one at 200? Or just two at 200?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library