Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old June 7th, 2009, 05:07 PM

boogle has disabled reputation
Ladder- two hexed figure question

I don't know if this has been answered, couldn't find anything. There are two ladder pieces, one right next to each other connecting a figure who would want to move up a height of three. Now the two hexed figure can't move up ladders but is he allowed to move up by counting regular movement or are the ladders obstructing him? Do the ladders disable a two hexed figure from moving up with regular movement?
Old June 7th, 2009, 05:43 PM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker
Re: Ladder- two hexed figure question

I believe that they are able to as per the SOTM master rules say that if you cannot use the tiles adjacent or there are none when moving up, count the closest ones to it.
Old June 7th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This has been discussed, and I forget what the end result of the discussion was. I tried to find it but came up empty. Who remembers that discussion?

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format
Old June 7th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Found it IN THE FAQ!!!

Only small or medium single-space figures can use a ladder. If a larger figure has a high enough movement, can that figure count the levels behind the ladder to bypass the ladder?
Yes but normal movement rules still apply. The figure’s height would have to be higher than the top terrain level behind the ladder in order to move over it. Also, a figure would only be able to bypass the ladder if it is unoccupied. Note, small and medium single-space figures must use the ladder if it is there.

Here's the discussion that went with this: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=18868

Old June 7th, 2009, 09:05 PM

boogle has disabled reputation

Thank you guys, I'm about to go play a game where this will definately come up. I appreciate everyone shedding some light on the subject.
Old June 7th, 2009, 11:03 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

This is one of the few rules in Heroscape I would like to change (there's probably more that I haven't thought about in a while so no others come to mind at the moment). I don't like the idea of double spaced figures being completely disabled when it comes to ladders. I understand it would be odd to see some of them up on a ladder, but I think it really hurts them and could really be cheap for fun castle/ladder games. I know it would be harder for them to use a ladder than normal small/medium single spaced figures, so I would have it be it takes double spaced/large/huge figures 2 move to make it up one ladder slot or something like that.
Old June 7th, 2009, 11:14 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDD View Post
Found it IN THE FAQ!!!

Only small or medium single-space figures can use a ladder. If a larger figure has a high enough movement, can that figure count the levels behind the ladder to bypass the ladder?
Yes but normal movement rules still apply. The figure’s height would have to be higher than the top terrain level behind the ladder in order to move over it. Also, a figure would only be able to bypass the ladder if it is unoccupied. Note, small and medium single-space figures must use the ladder if it is there.

Here's the discussion that went with this: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=18868
Thanks RobertDD!!!

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old June 7th, 2009, 11:57 PM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker

I remember a massive game my friends and I played with each of us taking a general. The Ullar player used Acorlah and the Move Glyph to speed up Jotun and send him climbing up a wall. Then he smacked and threw people to kingdom come from atop a castle. I don't remember if he ever got down though...
Old June 8th, 2009, 03:23 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
This is one of the few rules in Heroscape I would like to change (there's probably more that I haven't thought about in a while so no others come to mind at the moment). I don't like the idea of double spaced figures being completely disabled when it comes to ladders. I understand it would be odd to see some of them up on a ladder, but I think it really hurts them and could really be cheap for fun castle/ladder games. I know it would be harder for them to use a ladder than normal small/medium single spaced figures, so I would have it be it takes double spaced/large/huge figures 2 move to make it up one ladder slot or something like that.
I don't like the idea of double spaced figures being disadvantaged by the ladders either, but I like the idea of a horse climbing a ladder even less. I'd leave it the way it is.
</IMG>
Old June 8th, 2009, 03:56 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
I don't like the idea of double spaced figures being disadvantaged by the ladders either, but I like the idea of a horse climbing a ladder even less. I'd leave it the way it is.
</IMG>
Yeah, and I've always envisioned it as they're being too heavy for them, the ladder would collapse (and yes I know Scape doesn't apply to real life in many areas - I suppose I made something up to suit my purpose).

-insert signature here-
Old June 8th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

Actually, there's a bright side for double spacers too. Where ladders break up the road bonus for single spaced figures, they don't for double-spaced figures.

Old June 8th, 2009, 07:37 PM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDD View Post
Actually, there's a bright side for double spacers too. Where ladders break up the road bonus for single spaced figures, they don't for double-spaced figures.
If thats true I owe a friend an apology. In my previous post about a friend boosting Jotun's move and having him climb a wall he wanted to add a road bonus to his move, in addition to Acorlah and the move glyph. I said no and the other players agreed. I guess it would make sense since in real life they would be of the same material.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's