Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old November 7th, 2007, 06:17 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekParallax
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunakor
It's controversy that worries me. You have a very good point, but it could possibly attract attention and offend some parents whose children play this game. Let germans play, just not the nazis.
I'm cool with WWI Germans-- I've always had a sneaking admiration for the Kaiser's Germany.

Just give us an Alvin York and/or Audie Murphy...

Maybe Davy Crockett, too.
Brunakor does make a good point about deterring new collectors, and I would rather see the Kaiser's army anyway. Yay spiked helmets!
Old November 7th, 2007, 09:45 PM

GeekParallax has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido

Brunakor does make a good point about deterring new collectors, and I would rather see the Kaiser's army anyway. Yay spiked helmets!
...But Boo Prussian Blue.
Old November 7th, 2007, 10:28 PM

brunakor has disabled reputation
The best thing would be a squad of barbarians! I'm serious, they'd have really cool abilities, high attack but low defense. They'd be a unique squad.

Oh and random idea. Why doesn't hasbro make a squad of 5? Also, we need more pairs. The zettian guards are the only squad with 2 figures in it.

like I said ^^^^random idea.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ic.php?t=16850

My scenario! Warcraft fans unite!!!! A new way to play Warcraft and Heroscape!!!
Old November 8th, 2007, 01:07 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Huns, mounted of course. With bows. Make them cost a lot.

Something like Welsh mercenary bowman and Irish mercenary pikeman to expand the medieval theme. After all, feudal Japan has a pretty expansive (comparitively) force, why not expand some others?

Dragoons, preferably from the American Revolution.

Militia/Farmers with Guns, from the American Revolution.

Saracens, which I actually think is a good guess at what may be coming down the tubes. The Templars need someone to fight.

Arabs on Camels, either wielding scimitars or rifles.

Lithuanian WWII Soldiers. In German uniforms, using German weapons, but don't represent the same things.

Zulu Warriors

7th Cavalry rescued from the Battle of the Little Bighorn.

Sioux Warriors, appropriately wielding better guns than the cavalry.

Exterminator, as the ultimate Anti-Aquilla unit.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old November 8th, 2007, 08:44 AM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
17. a Chimera

18. a Basilisk

19. a unique squad of six similar Deathwalkers (1k-6k)

20. a magic user from the human world like Merlin.

21. a ninja hero wilding a kusari-gama with a range of two, but considered melee (probably in the format of a special attack).

22. a unique squad of blind archers. Smaller range, like five, but they do not need line of sight.
Old November 8th, 2007, 08:47 AM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
More Vipers, maybe some more Priamadons and something else from grut...

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old November 8th, 2007, 11:03 AM

Novelist432 has disabled reputation
I still think that the fact that the biggest robot is barely taller than an average guy is ridiculus. I want a Jotun sized GIANT robot. Oh, and Galactus and Onslaught.
Old November 8th, 2007, 03:59 PM

The thing I regret most is that this thread won't be viewed byt the designers of HS, so we probably won't get what we want. However, custom artists will benefit from this thread!

AS for another idea, how about high tech aliens? Well nevermind. We have marro and vipers at war already.

How about the Ottomans?

My scenario! Warcraft fans unite!!!! A new way to play Warcraft and Heroscape!!!
Old November 8th, 2007, 04:22 PM

Quote:
The thing I regret most is that this thread won't be viewed byt the designers of HS, so we probably won't get what we want.
Here's an idea, we get someone with enough pull to put the bug in the designer's ear. Someone has to have connections.
Old November 8th, 2007, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Quote:
The thing I regret most is that this thread won't be viewed byt the designers of HS, so we probably won't get what we want.
Here's an idea, we get someone with enough pull to put the bug in the designer's ear. Someone has to have connections.
Sweet. Question is, who though?

Old November 8th, 2007, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sweet. Question is, who though?
Someone has to know a way to contact the game designers. If we can't find someone who has pull with the game designers we could always have the members of this site form a mob outside Heroscape headquarters and make demands. I doubt we will have to resort to that though. Most designers join these kind of forums just to see what the masses are thinking anyway. You never know, I could be one of those guys.
Old November 8th, 2007, 07:53 PM

tyguy94920 is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by "guido
Um... are you serious? Children used to play with German army men from WWII all the time in this country (talking about the U.S.) and I don't see too many anti-somatic concentration camps floating around. My point is that the soldiers weren't the ones doing the bad bad things to the Jewish people. (I was going to be more specific but decided it lacked taste.) For that matter, consider the way the Japanese treated their POWs. They were treated worse in my eyes, but certainly nearly as bad as the Jewish. At least the Germans respected American and European POWs. And with your line of reasoning, won't children who play as a guy with a sword killing other humans grow up to be a cereal killer? See, doesn't that sound ridiculous?

Note: I do not in any way condone the Holocaust. I just do not see German soldiers any more controversial than most other human troops on Heroscape.
Ha!!! Killer of Cereal

And yes, in Army Men, the tan soldiers were supposed to be the Germans

But I do NOT want any KKK in this game

Click Above for My Sig Link

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units