Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old February 13th, 2009, 08:51 PM

Marduk has disabled reputation
Dayton, OH Tournament - March 28

Next tournament: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...d.php?p=784148
Previous tournament: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=21847

When:
March 28th, 12:00pm; the store (and sign-in) opens at 11:00, sign in early and browse!

I am anticipating that rounds will take a full hour each under this army format, with about 10 minutes in between rounds. So with prize distribution, the tournament should be over by about 6:20pm.

Where:
Bookery Fantasy-Games & Toys
13 West Main
Fairborn, OH 45324-4712
www.bookeryfantasy.com
MapQuest here: http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Fa...Games+%26+Toys

Cost:
There will be no entry fee. Bring a prize for the prize table if you can (HeroScape-related preferred but not necessary), but don't let the lack of a prize keep you away.

Prizes:
Players will get to pick a single prize from the prize table in order of their ranking (highest first, lowest last).

Some prizes known:
A map pick for the next tournament (subject to my approval)
Ornak, the Utgar Flagbearer
Gladiators and Agents expansion pack

Armies:
500 points apiece. No customs, no Marvelscape units - repainted versions of exclusive figures are fine. No hero costing less than 90 points can be used, and no more than two squads of any type can be in your army. For example, you could not have the Krav Maga Agents, Nakita Agents and a squad of Deathreavers since that would be three squads altogether. There will be 24 starting zone hexes - any figures in excess of 24 cannot be used.

Tournament Scoring:
The tournament will have five rounds of one-on-one games. All players will have a winning/losing score calculated by adding the points they destroyed to their points remaining, if any. Partial scoring (per wound for heroes and per figure for squads) will be used.

OVAH Bonus Points:
The OVAH allows up to 40 bonus points for OVAH Cup standings. Each match you can earn 10 bonus points by being the first to kill a hero, capped at a maximum of 40 points.

Glyphs:
Glyphs will be placed face-down at the beginning of a match, chosen randomly from the following list:
Astrid (+1 attack)
Dagmar (+8 initiative)
Erland (Summoning - limited to your own units only)
Gerda (+1 defense)
Valda (+2 move)

I'm limiting Erland because I'd rather see people bringing up their own fighters than kidnapping weaklings that the opponent needs to protect (Taelord, for example). You're just going to have to work for it. It also makes the victory a trifle less random - a person's whole army can sometimes be destroyed by having one key figure plucked out.

What else:
I will provide dice as well as wound and order markers - feel free to bring your own Valkyrie dice, of course. If you need master set (RotV only) figures to complete your army (for instance, two people normally play with one master set and want to include the same figure), there should be plenty available.

Who:
Definate:
Marduk - of course
Utgarsrage
outforblood + 3
FatherOfJulian + 2
StealthSuitStanley + 3 or 4
Brewster
Shadow Cat

Maybe:
Onion Knight
GreatWhiteWolf
KCU Master 2007
Luckyfingers
southwest ninja + 1
Richard
Tony Arnold
bbearz

Maps
There will be 24 boards (two copies of each map), plus one to be determined by Utgarsrage as a prize from the last tournament.

Death Preserve, by Marduk

Download pdf
Download hsc

Is It Spring Yet?, by Marduk

Download pdf
Download hsc

Mesa of Blood, by Marduk

Download pdf
Download hsc

Molten Alley, by Marduk

Download pdf
Download hsc

Mosquito Coast, by Marduk

Download pdf
Download hsc

Over the River Through the Woods, by Marduk

Download pdf
Download hsc

Ridge Assault, by Marduk

Download pdf
Download hsc

Sandbar, by Marduk

Download pdf
Download hsc

Snow Drift, by Marduk

Download pdf
Download hsc

The Crooked Path, by Marduk

Download pdf
Download hsc

The World Tree, by Marduk

Download pdf
Download hsc

Thunder Bluff, by Marduk

Download pdf
Download hsc

Malpractice makes malperfect!
Ohio Valley Association of Heroscapers

Art by Susan Van Camp, Copyright 2006. www.artbysvc.com

Last edited by Marduk; March 29th, 2009 at 02:56 PM.
Old February 13th, 2009, 10:23 PM

Utgarsrage is surprisingly tart
Re: Dayton, OH Tournament - March 28

I'll be there defending my title.

Good Trades with: Rudyvalentine X2, omgitsjihad, Jim, dredd Stev, Yikes, Temp. Nerd, Syvaris the ruler, southwest ninja, Nerdcorerocks, Ensignoftheunit, Einar Gen., Mossman, MuttLo, Ted_Danson
Old February 14th, 2009, 07:13 AM

Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby!

Put me down as maybe. I need another tournament to qualify for the OVAH cup.

BTW: These restrictions sound like fun. I'm looking forward to it, thanks for throwing another tournament, Marduk.

Last edited by Onion Knight; February 14th, 2009 at 08:44 AM.
Old February 14th, 2009, 07:00 PM

No, David, No is surprisingly tart

Working this date into my schedule...

Cough_drops and I should be able to attend. The restrictions are interesting. Marduk, twelve map styles should be fine, judging from the last tournament you must invest a lot of time to make this happen. Thanks.

nDn
Old February 14th, 2009, 10:05 PM

Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby!

Put me in as a maybe, I want to, but I need to see if I can get a ride.
Old February 14th, 2009, 11:45 PM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!

You know I'll be there +3... Make sure you put me up against Utgarsrage. It's payback time.

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...
Old February 15th, 2009, 12:31 AM

GreatWhiteWolf Woo who?

Put me as a maybe also, i couldn't make the last one..... ( ride issues )
Old February 15th, 2009, 12:39 AM

Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by outforblood View Post
Make sure you put me up against Utgarsrage. It's payback time.
Ditto.
Old February 15th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

I'm not available that weekend. Bummer, it likely would've bumped me up from 11th place if I did reasonably well...

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old February 15th, 2009, 06:37 PM

I'm so excited! These restrictions are pretty tricky, though. Hardly any filler units are allowed/practical.

EDIT: Despite this, I've already developed at least two decent armies, and one that's excellent, imho.

Last edited by Brewster; February 15th, 2009 at 07:31 PM.
Old February 15th, 2009, 07:35 PM

Marduk has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by No, David, No View Post
judging from the last tournament you must invest a lot of time to make this happen.
Not as much as I'd like to - lots of surprises always seems to crop up as the tournament approaches. Still, I try to make sure I've got a fair amount done a week before the tournament date, and that's been barely enough so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by outforblood View Post
You know I'll be there +3... Make sure you put me up against Utgarsrage. It's payback time.
Hey, you haven't done so well the last couple - you're going to have to earn the right to face him!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
These restrictions are pretty tricky, though. Hardly any filler units are allowed/practical.
That's partly the point - few if any of the armies you see here will be cookie-cutter copies of what's supposed to be 'the best' at the time. As for the lack of filler units... if you think you can get away with 450 points because the ones you've picked are the best you've got, more power to you. But I suspect the squads will be chosen to act as filler points for most people.

Malpractice makes malperfect!
Ohio Valley Association of Heroscapers

Art by Susan Van Camp, Copyright 2006. www.artbysvc.com
Old February 15th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

I'm favoring Jotun/Zelrig

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events