Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old September 18th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Whatever happend to.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
It's probably decently likely that something is in the works

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old September 18th, 2011, 11:09 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
It's probably decently likely that something is in the works
I said that something is probably in the works, not that it is actually going to happen. As in, there are probably companies considering it or looking at the numbers or something. If I was considering buying the IP, I'd definitely watch eBay prices for a decent amount of time to make sure demand stayed reasonably high, even a long time after the game got cancelled.

Anyways, It's more likely that nothing will happen after all is said and done, but the point i'm trying to make is that we can't possibly know what's going on because everything takes so much time. You can't buy a business the way you can buy a pair of shoes.
Old September 19th, 2011, 09:36 AM

Flipperhead Woo who?

I just hope whoever dose take over the licence for heroscape. that they dont change it to much, or not at all. keep a clasic origanal and the same. no changes, and I belive Heroscape will last forever.
Old September 28th, 2011, 02:45 PM

hosj is surprisingly tart

I really doubt heroscape will come back.

Not to rain on everyone else's parade, but I don't think there is enough demand, and stuff coming back from the grave is rare.

Heroscape is over.
Old September 28th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

I agree. It never got big enough to really make a difference. Most stores didn`t carry it, and the ones that did only carried a little bit of stuff... Basically, just the master and terrain packs.
Old September 28th, 2011, 04:29 PM

lwayman is surprisingly tart

Heroclix came back and it isn't near the game Scape is, and it was defunct for two years.
Old September 28th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugbearsdad View Post
I heard from a good authority that Hasbro's policy is not to sell any line they have cancelled just in case there is a comeback.
Looks like they sold Nexus Ops to Fantasy Flight Games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old September 28th, 2011, 05:16 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcelfarmyone View Post
I agree. It never got big enough to really make a difference. Most stores didn`t carry it, and the ones that did only carried a little bit of stuff... Basically, just the master and terrain packs.
Most stores where? In north Texas, during its heyday you could find just about anything currently or recently in print at Wal-Mart, Target, T'R'U - I even occasionally saw a master set at a FLGS or Hastings.

I, for one, still think that the game will return, but if you're not willing to wait on the economic climate to be ideal then yeah, you might as well say "never". With little or no knowledge of what fiscal factors led to 'scape dying (or are impeding its return), it's a bit pessimistic to presume to know what its fate will be.

I see that your glass is half-empty; how about a refill?

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old September 28th, 2011, 07:31 PM

BOOM! Woo who?

I agree with 'nyys' comment. I doubt if HS is going to be sold.

"BOOOM!"

Now come sit on Santa's lap...
Old September 28th, 2011, 08:08 PM

drewcula knows what's in an order marker drewcula knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugbearsdad View Post
I heard from a good authority that Hasbro's policy is not to sell any line they have cancelled just in case there is a comeback.
Looks like they sold Nexus Ops to Fantasy Flight Games.
And years before, FFG reprinted Hasbro's 'Lord of the Rings.' The co-op Knizia version...

The precedent is there. I still doubt a 'scape reprint will happen, but if it does, FFG would be the company to do it.
Old September 28th, 2011, 08:58 PM

BOOM! Woo who?

I don't see Fantasy Flight doing that. I'm kinda a FFG fan, so I know them pretty well, and all of their minis are drastically different than 'Scapes. Their minis are a high quality rubbery plastic material and are usually in much higher detail than 'Scapes. Theoretically it's possible, but I see little to no hope of FFG taking up poor 'Scape.

"BOOOM!"

Old September 28th, 2011, 09:03 PM

BOOM! Woo who?

Sorry for the double post, but can anyone tell me how to start my own thread on this site? Thanks.

"BOOOM!"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News