Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old September 23rd, 2018, 10:24 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: New 52 And DC Rebirth Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc View Post
I think the important thing is to maintain the order of the trigrams. Kenan had to master them in order and the culmination of him getting flight was a big moment. Him being able to cherry-pick powers just seems anti-thematic.
Fair enough - putting numbers on the markers and specifying an order should be fairly simple.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 23rd, 2018, 11:57 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

For LordVenoc - my thoughts on how many Markers to start with is dependent on how the mini looks. If it's his original look (octagonal S), I'd do what you suggested, start him off with 4 Markers and let him build up if he needs to. If the miniature is his final look (yin-yang S) I'd start him with all 8. Would definitely impact his final price, but I'm good with that.

I'm hoping they go with his old outfit - I think it looks a lot better and would make for a more interesting push-pull gameplay.

If we wanted to go for individual powers, I'd probably do something like this...

Trigram 0: Add 3 to his Defense against adjacent attacks
Trigram 1: Add 3 to his Attack, has Super Strength
Trigram 2: Add 3 to his Defense against non-adjacent attacks
Trigram 3: Before moving, you can look at any Glyph or any Order Marker
Trigram 4: Add 3 to his Move, can move over water without stopping
Trigram 5: Add 3 to his Range
Trigram 6: Adjacent figures subtract 2 from their Defense
Trigram 7: Has the Flying special power

Trigram 3 might be a bit too wordy - I'd want to keep them as simple as possible. It's better than standard Superman's X-Ray Vision because his is more magical in nature. He can see through illusions and deceit and stuff.

And I really like Ronin's Kryptonian Qi, I was a bit iffy on including the Kryptonian species here (since he's vulnerable to Kryptonite and the like, but not as badly as a "real" Kryptonian), but that's a really elegant and thematic way to tie them together.
Old September 23rd, 2018, 02:29 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

As someone who had literally never heard of this guy before, I honestly prefer Johnny’s first take. On that design, it seemed simple and fairly easy to remember what powers he does/doesn’t have at any particular moment. Here, I feel like I’d have to double-check every turn to remind myself. It sounds more fun to me to have a simplified card with less text that captures the idea versus cramming a bunch of text on the card in order to represent everything he does.
Old September 23rd, 2018, 02:36 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Agreed with that design aesthetic in general!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 24th, 2018, 06:04 PM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

Great to see this thread has been acitive in my absence- I'll update the OP when I'm next on

What's up with claymation?

Personal workshop: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...3&postcount=76
Old September 30th, 2018, 08:04 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Yeah, I think the simpler take was preferable on the Trigram Markers, cool as it would be to really nail the Trigrams-to-markers theme down to a 1-1 thing.
Old October 2nd, 2018, 05:26 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I don't know. I think the 8 Trigrams could work, especially if you roll the Magical Protection into there. A single long power on the card could really work. Let me write something up.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old October 4th, 2018, 05:26 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Here's what I came up. Thoughts?
Quote:
EIGHT TRIGRAMS
Start the game with 8 white Trigram Markers on this card. Whenever Super-Man or a friendly figure within clear sight of Super-Man receives one or more wounds, remove a Trigram Marker from this card. Instead of moving or instead of attacking with Super-Man, you may place a Trigram Marker on this card, to a maximum of 8.

TAO TE
If Super-Man has the following Trigrams on his card, he receives the powers listed:
Trigram 0 – Add 3 to Super-Man’s Defense;
Trigram 1 – Add 3 to Super-Man’s Attack, and he has the Super Strength special power;
Trigram 2 – When Super-Man is attacked, all blanks may be re-rolled one time;
Trigram 3 – Add 3 to his Move, and Super-Man may move over water without stopping;
Trigram 4 – Instead of attacking normally, Super-Man may choose a figure within 5 spaces and roll one an attack die against that figure for each wound marker on this card;
Trigram 5 – After attacking, instead of placing wound markers, Super-Man may move the attacked figure number of spaces equal to the wounds he did not place;
Trigram 6 – Super-Man has the Flying special power;
Trigram 7 – Opponents' figures with the Magical Defense special power cannot target Super-Man with a special power or special attack.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

Old October 4th, 2018, 05:36 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Here's what I came up. Thoughts?
Quote:
EIGHT TRIGRAMS
Start the game with 8 white Trigram Markers on this card. Whenever Super-Man or a friendly figure within clear sight of Super-Man receives one or more wounds, remove a Trigram Marker from this card. Instead of moving or instead of attacking with Super-Man, you may place a Trigram Marker on this card, to a maximum of 8.

TAO TE
If Super-Man has the following Trigrams on his card, he receives the powers listed:
Trigram 0 – Add 3 to Super-Man’s Defense;
Trigram 1 – Add 3 to Super-Man’s Attack, and he has the Super Strength special power;
Trigram 2 – When Super-Man is attacked, all blanks may be re-rolled one time;
Trigram 3 – Add 3 to his Move, and Super-Man may move over water without stopping;
Trigram 4 – Instead of attacking normally, Super-Man may choose a figure within 5 spaces and roll one an attack die against that figure for each wound marker on this card;
Trigram 5 – After attacking, instead of placing wound markers, Super-Man may move the attacked figure number of spaces equal to the wounds he did not place;
Trigram 6 – Super-Man has the Flying special power;
Trigram 7 – Opponents' figures with the Magical Defense special power cannot target Super-Man with a special power or special attack.
Really like that, mostly - just a couple of nit-picks:

1) Trigram 4 (Heat-Vision) is super powerful right now - those many auto-wounds are scary as hell. I'd just make it that he adds 3 to his range and that his attack boost for super-strength was melee only.
2) They're incorrectly ordered and missing one - he's completely missing his X-Ray vision (Trigram 3) and all his other Trigrams have been knocked back one to compensate. X-Ray vision should be reinstated (just use the power from Superman vI and Chase Stein, it's simple enough) and bump all Trigrams up by one so that Flying's the last one, cutting the Magical Resistance - that can be its own thing, rolled into power one or cut as need be.

Otherwise, I reckon this could be a pretty amazing design.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 5th, 2018, 04:06 AM

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

I like that a lot
I need to update this OP later today

Old October 5th, 2018, 02:18 PM
C3G's First Fan

If Heat Vision is reading as a rolling unblockables, it needs a wording tweak because that wasn't my intent. I wanted a different Heat Vision that felt somewhat like the original but different. I know I tweaked the numbers. I originally had X-Ray vision, then dropped it for Magical Resistance. I'd decide which one is more important, drop the other from the card, and go with just the two powers.
Personally, I find X-Ray vision kinda meh in Heroscape. It's one power that doesn't translate well into game flow.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

Old October 8th, 2018, 07:46 PM

Updated the OP to include Signal, Superboy and Super-Man (as he currently stands)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy