Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs
Dungeons & Dragons Customs Hey the title says it all

Old January 12th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Eye Tyrant

Here's a little something I threw together loosely based on the current 4th edition version of the Eye Tyrant. If they ever do make an official one I'm sure it would be really really cool and also absolutely nothing like this. Even the figure they'd use would be different.

Anyway, while I was translating the powers into halfway reasonable game terms I realized two things. One; all of the actual powers would never fit on a card and still be legible. Two; when you translate the big ole monster into heroscape you have a Mac truck that will tear through 4x 4th mass nearly any day of the week.

Click to enlarge.

So what do you think could he stop multiple squads?

Last edited by Darkmage7a; February 1st, 2010 at 08:16 PM.
Old January 12th, 2010, 12:05 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Eye Tyrant - End of Squadscape

Looks fun to play. With fear I would change "from the beholder" to "from eye tyrant" in case someone was playing more than one beholder. Not likely but since there is more than one beholder sculpt it's within the bounds of possibility. Other than that it seems well priced and the card looks great. Keep up the good work.

Last edited by Chardar; January 12th, 2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old January 12th, 2010, 09:15 PM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!

Awesome! I hoped someone would make a custom out of this figure. I like how powerfull it is. Also, do the figures roll defence dice against the special?
Old January 12th, 2010, 09:23 PM

Davey is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Disintegrate is so rad.

+rep for awesome card balance.

"An army of principles can penetrate where an army of soldiers cannot." - Thomas Paine
Old January 12th, 2010, 10:10 PM
has been BANNED

airdroppers knows what's in an order marker airdroppers knows what's in an order marker airdroppers knows what's in an order marker

This character is pretty cool. I like how he is 310 points, makes you think twice before choosing him. With 9 lives and 4 defense he will be really hard to take down though. Charos might be a good counter to him. Have you play tested this ?
Old January 12th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker

Cool. What do you mean by roll 4 attack dice and inflict one wound? Do you mean roll 4 attack dice and inflict one automatic wound?

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore
Old January 12th, 2010, 11:31 PM

Majai of Dreams is surprisingly tart

Cool idea. I think you captured the diversity of the different eyes very well.

To save space on the card, you could maybe count its standard attack as one of the eyes. So you only have 9 other abilities to fit.

Make sound effects when you play Heroscape! It is sometimes annoying, but always more fun!
Old January 12th, 2010, 11:41 PM

Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby!

this thing is crazy powerful and really cool. I like the different powers, too.

"People of Gotham! Take control.... take control of your city! THIS.... this is the instrument, of your liberation...."
Old January 13th, 2010, 08:47 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Hmmm... it sounds like the special attack's range is more like an aura. Are all figures within 6 spaces affected?

-insert signature here-
Old January 13th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
Looks fun to play. With fear I would change "from the beholder" to "from eye tyrant" in case someone was playing more than one beholder. Not likely but since there is more than one beholder sculpt it's within the bounds of possibility. Other than that it seems well priced and the card looks great. Keep up the good work.
Thanks, updated. I like the price too, but I fear some of the powers might be a bit too much for the cost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedex worker View Post
Awesome! I hoped someone would make a custom out of this figure. I like how powerfull it is. Also, do the figures roll defence dice against the special?
Yes, they roll defense against each power that involves attack dice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey View Post
Disintegrate is so rad.

+rep for awesome card balance.
Whats better than a fist-full of dice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdroppers View Post
This character is pretty cool. I like how he is 310 points, makes you think twice before choosing him. With 9 lives and 4 defense he will be really hard to take down though. Charos might be a good counter to him. Have you play tested this ?
Absolutely no playtesting has occured yet, I just wanted to see what a 4th ed beholder looks like in heroscape terms. I based the figure on the write in the book as closely as is reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsons Scaper View Post
Cool. What do you mean by roll 4 attack dice and inflict one wound? Do you mean roll 4 attack dice and inflict one automatic wound?
Yes, it should be an automatic wound.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majai of Dreams View Post
Cool idea. I think you captured the diversity of the different eyes very well.

To save space on the card, you could maybe count its standard attack as one of the eyes. So you only have 9 other abilities to fit.
Thanks, I'll take that into consideration, perhaps some of the powers are too similar to be worth having both on the card. And suggestions on which one(s) to trim?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claws of Death View Post
this thing is crazy powerful and really cool. I like the different powers, too.
Heh, this is one of the most Iconic and feared monsters in DnD history for good reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Hmmm... it sounds like the special attack's range is more like an aura. Are all figures within 6 spaces affected?
It is more like an aura really, I think I'll change that too. I pretty sure I'll have to reduce the range down to 5 spaces too, otherwise slow units like KoW will never get chance to swing on it.
Old January 20th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Instead of abbreviating Eye Tyrant to ET in the flying text, could you use the Marvelscape flying icon?

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old January 20th, 2010, 10:41 AM

playa1 knows what's in an order marker playa1 knows what's in an order marker

While there's a huge cool factor to this figure, it's abilities defy logic and make the game unnecessarily complicated.

It's a "do-all" figure without synergy with anything. Basically it's a one figure army. This may sound fun until Sudema takes it out with one lucky roll or Morsbane negates it. This type of figure turns the game into a D20 luck game.

There's no strategy. Alternately if you gave the figure two abilities to choose from that affected 4 figs in range (A "fear" ability which uses the d20 to force figures to move away a certain distance and a "auto-kill" ability that destroys the figure or scores automatic wounds based on d20 rolls), then you'd have almost the same effect , but with two additional advantages: 1) less luck. Since the owner of the figure would choose which ability is best suited to the situation at hand, there'd be the opportunity for strategy and therefore more fun. and 2) less complexity. As it is, flying into a horde of orcs or marro would force at least 15 to 50 dice rolls. Who wants to do all of that on one order marker? That's not playing heroscape. That's rolling dice over and over and removing figs etc. Again, choosing which 4 figures to affect would also create strategy/tactics and make the game a game instead of a repetitive rolling of dice.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs