Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old March 23rd, 2013, 10:35 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
My vision of the Heroscape 'verse

Heroscape takes place in Valhalla, where figures fight in glory to eternity.
When not fighting, the figures are drinking in their respective halls and boasting of their conquests.

We know the above from traditional Valhalla lore

Heroscape adds factions, generals with theme, and Wellsprings.

Jandar represents the traditional vikings and the traditional view of Valhalla. It is possible the other generals don't have drinking sessions afterwards.

The Wellsprings I think are the heart of the battle. All figures summoned to Valhalla and summoned to battle there cost POINTS. I believe that the Wellsprings are where those points come from. The wells generate constant inflow of points like an RTS mine. But while constant, their inflow isn't that great after the initial wave of tapping. This is why more wells need to be acquired.

Utgar has a subplot with his Marro, because unlike the others that return to a lodge of some sort, the Marro are finding ways to go rogue and spawn on their own.

Vydar is in the midst of betrayal to his alliance. In my version, it's for a wellspring. He has been calculating and manipulating the positions of his allies while setting up an easy conquest of resources.

It's nothing personal. This is Valhalla, a plane bread for war. And without the points that the springs provide, the generals themselves may fade. They are immortal as long as they are powered, points powered.
Personally, I'd like Jandar to embrace the betrayal of his former ally. I see him in uproarious laughter at audacity of the maneuver as he himself sends his forces against his former ally. To glory. He takes that momentum further and breaks his other alliances and wars with all, laughing all the way.
Aquilla, and her dwarves, HATE the ensuing chaos and don't take it as gingerly as her former ally.
Ullar withdraws and defends what he has. He takes his own wild hunt and picks his battles here and there. He isn't surprised of any of the changes; he saw them long before. To him, the alliances have only changed seasons and nothing has changed.
He has a larger stock of the springs and in "peace time" shared with his core allies. Even now he gives drink and solace. When the phases pass, his gates will be ready for reunion. Woe be to those that take beforehand without due ritual.

Valkrill was never apart of the alliance so he wasn't affected much. He holds a large share of the wellsprings to himself in the East. He's festering to his own machinations. Taking respite from reduced attention to his lands. I feel he is going to sweep North and bugger the abandoned Aquilla, far from Vydar and the action in the West, only to be thwarted by a more staunch defense than expected as Einar and Aquilla strengthen their bond. Oddly enough, I'd like to see a Einar-Aquilla-Valkrill alliance form.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.

Last edited by Confred; March 23rd, 2013 at 10:55 PM.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 10:59 PM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: My vision of the Heroscape 'verse

Functionally, I'd like to see the tournament scene lend itself to the story and issuing of new units - comparable to how Legend of the Five Rings did it back in the day.

The makeup of the armies brought to tournies are counted and converted to points percentiles. That same distribution ratio reflects in the next wave. The winners also influence several figures, directly putting in their input on things they would like to see. And finally, the commonplace of specific figures affect the upcoming waves in the form of theme, counters, and alternate versions.

Somebody could pick an underdog army now but since that army was represented, that army influences the next wave.

Old March 24th, 2013, 12:54 AM

Bro-man knows what's in an order marker Bro-man knows what's in an order marker

Your version of how Heroscape goes is intersting. I'm wondering if its alright I can post my version?

Don't get me wrong your version is good but is it alright if I tell of how I think?

Bro-man is a Minion of Utgar...
in the
The Cave of Christmas Celebration...
Old March 24th, 2013, 01:22 AM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Ehh... Before we get carried away, allow me to ask... Shouldn't this be in a different forum? I do not see this as a fan fiction.
~TGRF.
Old March 24th, 2013, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
Ehh... Before we get carried away, allow me to ask... Shouldn't this be in a different forum? I do not see this as a fan fiction.
~TGRF.
I didn't know where to put it truthfully.

After looking around and thinking on it, I deduced that the OP could be considered an outline for Fan Fiction, and thus this is where it is.

Bro-Man, if this turned into a "Post your direction you want Heroscape to go in" thread, it would be better suited for the General section.

Old March 25th, 2013, 01:13 AM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
~TGRF.
I didn't know where to put it truthfully.

After looking around and thinking on it, I deduced that the OP could be considered an outline for Fan Fiction, and thus this is where it is.

Bro-Man, if this turned into a "Post your direction you want Heroscape to go in" thread, it would be better suited for the General section.
True, but given that you reference it as a plot for tournaments, wouldn't it be better suited for perhaps the Scapers Online forum? Or perhaps one more specialized with actual games?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction