Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old August 14th, 2019, 06:36 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Spellbook of Petrify - Initial Playtesting

I disagree with the choice, but I feel like I’ve made my opinion known and it’s been listened to.
Old August 14th, 2019, 06:45 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'd like to counterpropose:

Quote:
Start the game with 6 grey Stone Markers on this card. Instead of taking a turn with this figure, place a Stone Marker on the base of all figures that are not Event Heroes within 3 clear sight spaces of this figure. A figure with a Stone Marker on its card cannot move, roll for attacks or leaving engagement attacks, or use any special powers on its Army Card, and adds 1 additional die to its defense. At the end of the round, remove all Stone Markers placed by this spell from the game. Figures with the Blind Warrior special power are not affected by Petrify.
This increases the power level in that no roll is needed. However, it limits it to only figures within 3 clear sight spaces. No affecting squad figures that are hanging out on the other side of a wall on the far side of the map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old August 14th, 2019, 06:52 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I'd like to counterpropose:

Quote:
Start the game with 6 grey Stone Markers on this card. Instead of taking a turn with this figure, place a Stone Marker on the base of all figures that are not Event Heroes within 3 clear sight spaces of this figure. A figure with a Stone Marker on its card cannot move, roll for attacks or leaving engagement attacks, or use any special powers on its Army Card, and adds 1 additional die to its defense. At the end of the round, remove all Stone Markers placed by this spell from the game. Figures with the Blind Warrior special power are not affected by Petrify.
This increases the power level in that no roll is needed. However, it limits it to only figures within 3 clear sight spaces. No affecting squad figures that are hanging out on the other side of a wall on the far side of the map.
Don't feel like boosting the strength of it. This is already going to be a powerful spell with the roll, and if you know it's going on, you can technically resist it (in the Gargoyles universe, you have to see and hear magic for it to effect you, hence the Blind Warrior call out - covering your eyes or blocking your ears might work, but you'd need to do it quickly.)
I'm not against markers on the base if we feel it's necessary. She did use modern-day broadcasting equipment to broadcast the spell to a whole city, though, so affecting a whole squad doesn't feel unthematic. Definitely don't want to make squaddies immune, and I'd prefer not to auto-kill them unless it's my only option.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 14th, 2019, 06:55 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
She did use modern-day broadcasting equipment to broadcast the spell to a whole city, though, so affecting a whole squad doesn't feel unthematic. Definitely don't want to make squaddies immune, and I'd prefer not to auto-kill them unless it's my only option.
That's interesting. Why have a space limitation then? Have every army card on the battlefield roll if that's thematic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old August 14th, 2019, 06:56 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
She did use modern-day broadcasting equipment to broadcast the spell to a whole city, though, so affecting a whole squad doesn't feel unthematic. Definitely don't want to make squaddies immune, and I'd prefer not to auto-kill them unless it's my only option.
That's interesting. Why have a space limitation then? Have every army card on the battlefield roll if that's thematic.
Balance reasons, mostly. Also trying to keep this at least slightly generalist.
I can buy that a squad has some sort of transmission tech that would make them linked, maybe?
If that sounds interesting, though, seriously, anyone, watch that City of Stone arc. If that doesn't hook you on Gargoyles I don't know what will.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 14th, 2019, 07:00 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

You just detailed a very strong case for why all squad figures should not be effected, only those who are in range. Keep the d20 roll (the number can be adjusted if needed), kill squad figures effected while heroes turn to stone, expand the range to effect more figures if needed.
Old August 15th, 2019, 09:05 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I'm fine with all figures on a squad being affected even if it is kind of wonky. I don't think it would have a major balance impact, only against armies that are reliant on a single squad which is few and far between.

Just outright killing those in range seems simpler though. Not a fan of markers on bases. Fine with the other two though.
Old August 15th, 2019, 12:33 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I’m with Johnny, killing them in range feels less wonky and more consistent with how these things have been handled in the past, but again I feel like I’ve already said that so I should probably shut up.
Old August 15th, 2019, 12:40 PM
Hard as ice

Okay, I've given this some thought and had a chat with my Mum, and here's my thoughts:
I like the individually Petrified squad figures, and markers on bases. That feels most natural, to me, by a mile, actually. After that, I'd like to go with the entire squad frozen option - it feels a bit more thematically wonky to me, but she did freeze an entire city, so it feels justifiable, and less iffy than an auto-kill. I really, really don't want to go with anything other than those, but if both are completely shut down with no hope, I'll go for auto-kill, even though it feels absolutely wrong. No way in a million years am I going for the squad figures are immune option.

So basically, clearly ranking it:

1) Markers on bases;
2) Full squad freeze;
Extremely Distant 3) Auto-kill;
Doesn't even chart) Squads are immune.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 15th, 2019, 04:55 PM
Just A Head

The auto-destroy on squads just feels way more consistent with how things have been done in the past. (see C3G Doom as an example) I also feel like there’s way more narrative justification there (plot armor, as I described) without having to explain how magic works in Gargoyles and then headcanoning that all the squad figures have walkie talkies or something.

Can we just take a vote somewhere for markers on bases? If that passes I think everyone will find it the most sensical way of going about things.
Old August 15th, 2019, 05:17 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

We've already done markers on bases for Halo, right? Auto-kill is the usual approach for squad figures but markers on bases wouldn't be new ground.
Old August 15th, 2019, 05:31 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
We've already done markers on bases for Halo, right? Auto-kill is the usual approach for squad figures but markers on bases wouldn't be new ground.
Nope, there was a discussion on Halo, with some wording problems, but nothing official. And looks like her card still needs an update.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library