Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old November 4th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: Race for the presidency political discussion thread

Lines, what lines? Went in just after 6 am, got my ballot, voted, and was out by 6:15.

As was said, living in the sticks has its benifits at times.
Old November 4th, 2008, 11:38 AM

Phaethon knows what's in an order marker Phaethon knows what's in an order marker Phaethon knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingArthur1976 View Post

I did read the post. Then i re-read it. And read it again. Regardless of the context the post was made in, the term is offensive. Regardless of the number of black friends Superfly has, it doesn't give him a "race card" to be able to tell jokes and use racially motivated slander whenever he chooses.

Honest GB, I don't think you have any right to determine what does and does not offend me. My wife is African American. She was offended by the post. End of story. How many of the people involved in this discussion are black? I'd bet 0.

Superfly thank you for removing the section of your post, it was not necessary because you do have the right to say what you think. I apologize if you feel like I was labeling you a racist, that was not my intention. I was a little harsh in my response and intend to edit it as well. I also apologise for not handling the matter through PM, which will probably be best for the future.
Can I ask a question... (ok, i don't need permission, but...)

Why is offending someone such a bad thing these days? Why should we go out of our way to not offend someone? Is there really anything of benefit by doing so? All it does is suppress thoughts and limit discussions to only those things that are not controversial (as deemed by the ones being 'offended'). And what gives you (or anyone) the right to decide what's "offensive"?

Personally, I find I learn the most when what someone said rubbed me the wrong way. It pushes me to go out and learn about the subject. If instead, I replied "take it down because it offended me", then what have I learned? Nothing.

Do you remember David Howard? He was the head of the District Post of Public Advocate in Washington DC. He resigned because too many people were ignorant of a word he used: niggardly. He resigned because people have too thin a skin and don't take the time to learn. They are also too stubborn and/or proud to admit that they were wrong.

What ever happened to "sticks & stones can break my bones, but words will never harm me!"

Never trust kids when they ask "Hey dad, can I borrow the car???"
Old November 4th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

I wouldn't know - I offend people all the time!

The fact that KA is a good dude is the only reason I chose to edit my original text, and when my dude Dave is over and I asked him to read the post and he wasn't offended, then I figure it was kosher, and I'll chalk it up to one man's sensitivity, which is OK.

At least now I know why KA has a sore spot for the race issue... And I stand by my argument - because one or two people were offended does not make it offensive, only those people can control (or not) their feelings.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old November 4th, 2008, 12:11 PM
I'm my own grandpa

Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby!

Happy Election Day!

Vote Early, and Vote Often!
Old November 4th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Lines, what lines? Went in just after 6 am, got my ballot, voted, and was out by 6:15.

I live in fairly well populated area. I thank early voters. I know some people who waited 2 hours to vote last week, and I got out in 30 minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old November 4th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennys View Post
Happy Election Day!

Vote Early, and Vote Often!
Vote early is good, voting often is actually considered voter fraud

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom
Old November 4th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

There was one person in line ahead of me and the wife when we went to vote. There were plenty of voting machines, and they were all pretty much filled, but we got in as quickly as the poll workers could do all their ID verifications etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulp View Post
By the way, Starbucks is giving away free coffee if you tell them you voted.

If you tell them you voted for Obama, you get a free latte.

If you tell them you voted for McCain, they will give you a free bowl of Grape-Nuts.

(Btw, the free coffee part is real.)
But what if I want Grape-Nuts?
Old November 4th, 2008, 12:41 PM

Junge Roman has disabled reputation

We need some exit polling here to try to call the race before the news does.
Old November 4th, 2008, 12:46 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Obama
Old November 4th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingArthur1976 View Post
Honest GB, I don't think you have any right to determine what does and does not offend me.
No I think you demonstrated quite handily that you will be offended by whatever you choose. But you do not have the right to NOT be offended.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old November 4th, 2008, 12:59 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I cast my "vote of fultility" this morning around 10. Got in and out ptretty quickly. I say "vote of fultility" because I voted for McCain, but there is no way McCain will win Maryland. There was a part of me that considered voting Obama simply so I could say that I helped elect the first black (well, half-black) president. I do think that is a milestone worth celebrating regardless of political ideology.

On a side note with regard to Maryland politics; In 2000 Maryland elected a republican governor, which was a rather amazing thing. One of his main campaign promises was to allow slots in Maryland to raise income. The democrats, who still controlled the statehouse, opposed slots, as did our very left-leaning newspaper. After losing the fight in the state senate, slots went to referendum, and was defeated in what was claimed to be a major victory by the dems. After a single six year term, Maryland elected a democrat Governor (the former mayor of Baltimore). Guess what great idea the new Governor came up with to help raise money for the state? Slots! And of course the newspapers all support this wonderful idea. So slots was back on the ballot this election year, and I'm sure it will pass this time.

So the moral of the story is, a good idea is only a good idea if your party is in power to get the credit. And that is the best example I can think of to summarize what is wrong with politics in general.

My prediction for tonight:

Obama 338
McCain 200

I conclude with my basic thought through this whole campaign: If McCain wins it won't be that good. If Obama wins it won't be that bad.
Old November 4th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post

I live in fairly well populated area. I thank early voters. I know some people who waited 2 hours to vote last week, and I got out in 30 minutes!
Hey, I voted 2 times in 30 minutes, does that count?? Actually I still have to get out of here to get the vote out.

Exit Poll for me: Me and my wife are voting for Ron Paul.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General