Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 12th, 2016, 09:27 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
The Book of Captain Britain

The Book of Captain Britain

C3G MARVEL PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 15
OTHERWORLDLY WARRIORS

The figure used for this design is a Heroclix figure from the Marvel Ultimates set.
Its model number and name are #082-084 / Captain Britain.

Character Bio - Brian Braddock was born at the Braddock Manor, his family's ancestral home in the town of Maldon, Essex, England. While bleeding to death from a motorcycle accident, Brian was approached by Merlin and his daughter Roma, who told him that he could live if he became Britain's next great champion. They offered Brian a choice: The Amulet of Right (Life) or the Sword of Might (Death). Being a scholar and not conceiving of himself as a warrior, Brian chose the Amulet. He then became Captain Britain.

When the X-Men appeared to die in Dallas, Brian was disconsolate over the death of his sister, Elizabeth. However, Shadowcat and Brian's lover Meggan were captured by the Technet, an interdimensional band of mercenaries who were looking for Phoenix (Rachel Summers). Nightcrawler convinced Captain Britain to help him find the women. At the successful conclusion of that mission, Cap joined with the other mutants to form Excalibur, Britain's premier super-team. (abridged wikia)

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q: Do you Check for Unsteady Confidence before or after affects like Black Cat's Bad Luck Aura, or Scarlet Witch's Hex-Sphere Disturbance 5, or Brainiac's 12th Level Intellect?
  • A: After. Those powers modify the results of the roll. Unsteady Confidence triggers after these effects resolve, and checks against the final result.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Captain Britain can take turns with Protectors and Telepaths using his Excalibur Commander power. Current Protectors and Telepaths.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 04:06 PM. Reason: png
Old July 12th, 2016, 09:28 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Captain Britain

NAME = CAPTAIN BRITAIN
SECRET IDENTITY = BRIAN BRADDOCK

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = LEADER
PERSONALITY = PATRIOTIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 285

POWER FROM CONFIDENCE 2

Start the game with 2 blue Confidence Markers on this card. Add 1 to Captain Britain's Move and Attack numbers for each Confidence Marker on this card. If there are no Confidence Markers on this card, Captain Britain cannot use his Flying or Super Strength special powers.

UNSTEADY CONFIDENCE
When attacking an opponent's figure, if Captain Britain rolls more shields than skulls, remove a Confidence Marker from this card. When attacking an opponent's figure, if Captain Britain rolls a skull on every die, you may place all previously removed Confidence Markers back on this card.

EXCALIBUR COMMANDER
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Captain Britain, if Captain Britain attacked an opponent's figure with a normal attack this turn, you may take a turn with a Unique Protector Hero or Unique Telepath Hero you control within 6 clear sight spaces of Captain Britain, and you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

FLYING
SUPER STRENGTH

Last edited by dok; October 21st, 2016 at 02:12 PM.
Old July 12th, 2016, 09:28 PM

Spoiler Alert!

Original version:
Spoiler Alert!

Change Log:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by dok; October 21st, 2016 at 02:13 PM.
Old July 12th, 2016, 09:46 PM

First thoughts:

I'm considering changing "ending his turn engaged" to "if Captain Britain attacked an adjacent figure", so that you're not penalized for destroying figures or for playing against defensive powers that can move figures around.

I'd also like to drop recluse from the classes referenced in the power. Protector feels perfect for Excalibur, and Telepath makes some sense given that his sister is a telepathic mutant and all. Recluse is kind of blatantly a throw-in for Nightcrawler, and it's likely a Nightcrawler (II), if it comes along, will be a Protector.

From a balance perspective, Martian Manhunter (I) is the biggest concern. I don't want to limit it to Mutant Telepaths but we do have that in the back pocket.

Self-Doubt is negotiable; I'm fine with a different power if someone can come up with something that merits representation on the card.
Old July 12th, 2016, 09:56 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Good to see this rolling. I'm right with you on Recluse. Dropping it makes Excalibur Commander feel a lot leaner.

I like Self-Doubt here. Unique mechanic that feels true to the character (though admittedly, I haven't read Excalibur and I'm more familiar with him from when he pops up in other books. I have read a bit of the Alan Moore Captain Britain stuff though).
Old July 12th, 2016, 10:01 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Recluse was my biggest criticism coming in - I feel like getting synergy is pretty solidly un-recluse-like - so yeah, I'd echo that. Protectors and Telepaths makes sense and should have interesting army possibilities.

I'd rather stick with the engaged rider (and change the name to "Excalibur Command") to more precisely echo Frankenstein. I agree it's sort of anti-synergy in a way, since it encourages you not destroying the enemy, but it encourages you to beeline for the biggest, baddest, burliest guy the enemy has and engage him for as long as possible, which feels right for Captain Britain (and for Frankenstein). If testing shows it as an issue I'd be okay with the change, but I'm against it at square one.

Self-Doubt is perfect and I'd hate to see that go. I'd like to see a number tacked on ("Self-Doubt 3") and the markers just be "Doubt Markers," but otherwise I think it's a great representation of his powers and should make for interesting gameplay.

Personality-wise, though, I've always seen him as a bit more of a hardliner than anything else, so Self-Doubting feels a bit offbase to me.

Overall really love the design, though, and think it's just tweaks away from perfect.
Old July 12th, 2016, 10:18 PM

Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby!

Could you do Mutant Telepath and Mutant Protector? Or is their someone in Excalibur for future designs that isn't a mutant?
Old July 13th, 2016, 10:23 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I was disappointed for a second when I realized Meggan was neither of those bonding choices until I remembered her Metamorph power lets her change class as well.

So if nightcrawler II is created as a Protector and Rachel will obviously be a Telepath we will have the full original team and some of the add on from later...

Nightcrawler, Meggan, Shadowcat (and Lockheed) & Rachel as well as Colossus and Psylocke. Wolfsbane and Black Knight would be the only early member I can think of that gets left out.
also here is a link to a larger version of your first comic image...
Spoiler Alert!

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old July 13th, 2016, 12:57 PM

There seems to be consensus on dropping Recluse so I've made that change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
here is a link to a larger version of your first comic image...
Spoiler Alert!
Nice. That's definitely my favorite option at the moment, because it's his classic uniform (well, second generation uniform I guess but it's the one that corresponds with Excalibur) and because it's such a bad-@$$ shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I'd rather stick with the engaged rider (and change the name to "Excalibur Command") to more precisely echo Frankenstein. I agree it's sort of anti-synergy in a way, since it encourages you not destroying the enemy, but it encourages you to beeline for the biggest, baddest, burliest guy the enemy has and engage him for as long as possible, which feels right for Captain Britain (and for Frankenstein). If testing shows it as an issue I'd be okay with the change, but I'm against it at square one.
I guess my issue is that Captain Britain being successful in smiting someone, and/or someone running away after he swings at them, seem like situations that would encourage CB to rally his comrades. The gameplay difference is not going to be huge either way but the more I think about it the more I like making the bonding a bit less conditional.

Quote:
Self-Doubt is perfect and I'd hate to see that go. I'd like to see a number tacked on ("Self-Doubt 3") and the markers just be "Doubt Markers," but otherwise I think it's a great representation of his powers and should make for interesting gameplay.
I'm glad to hear that people like the power. I like the look of "doubt marker" instead of "self-doubt marker" too, but I was concerned about confusing it with Psycho-Man's markers. Should I be concerned about that?

Quote:
Personality-wise, though, I've always seen him as a bit more of a hardliner than anything else, so Self-Doubting feels a bit offbase to me.
I'm up for alternative suggestions.
Old July 13th, 2016, 01:16 PM

Breaking this out into a separate post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xael Raymand View Post
Could you do Mutant Telepath and Mutant Protector? Or is their someone in Excalibur for future designs that isn't a mutant?
We could definitely do that. I prefer to keep the bonding language as simple as possible for now; we can restrict it if we find out that something like CB + Martian Manhunter + Red Tornado + Angel + Angel is too good.

... honestly, that army does look really good, in part because MM is such a perfect partner for Captain Britain. But at the same time, wouldn't those two make a pretty decent team if they were in the same universe, anyway? And doesn't Ms. Marvel already have basically the same synergy with J'onn?

Non-Mutant Protectors:
  • Angel
  • Captain Marvel
  • Falcon
  • Iron Man Mark III
  • Red Tornado
  • Sersi
  • Witchblade

Non-Mutant Telepaths:
  • Gorilla Grodd
  • Gypsy
  • Manchester Black
  • Martian Manhunter
  • Mister Sinister
  • White Martian
  • Solovar

The only ones that feel totally wrong on theme there are Gorilla Grodd, Mister Sinister, and White Martian. And I don't think Sersi or Red Tornado or Captain Marvel are so strong that they break the build. So, "Protector or Mutant Telepath" would probably be the backup plan if we hate the theme of Mister Sinister bonding with Captain Britain, and/or if we think Martian Manhunter bonding with Captain Britain is too good (in a way that Ms. Marvel isn't), and/or if we just want to make it stick close to the original themes.

Last edited by dok; July 13th, 2016 at 02:16 PM.
Old July 13th, 2016, 03:01 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Manchester Black and CB would be interesting in character. Game play not a big deal I'm just thinking of personalities and where they come from.

I'd vote to wait and see, at least for protector. There are other non-mutant members of Excalibur

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old July 13th, 2016, 03:27 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

The only two who I noticed that are missing, and are already made are Black Knight and Juggernaut. Scientists and Outcasts actually shouldn't be a problem, since you have to reveal an order marker on the Mr Fantastic, Mystique, and Avalanche to use their leadership powers.

Edit, Martian Manhunter actually requires the OM to be revealed on his card, so he isn't a concern either.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library